What's new

I'm looking for the real deal grapefruit

Opium

well, I chop them on 63 day, because I use shooting powder, but usually 55-58 days... FAST FORWARD...

Opium

or may be 68 ... can't remember ...it's not too important, the more important is when you have the dry buds and you smoke them :D... btw I think Hortilab breed with this cut... and somewhere in the net I sow SPG S1 ...

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Apollo 11 has the most grapefruity smell I have ever experienced. I could honestly take a ripe red ruby grapefruit and an A11 bud and not be able to smell any difference. Of course finding A11 seeds is the hard part but it is the ultimate grapefruity strain from seed ime.

Apollo 11 = C99 x Genius

Interesting. Seems like that A11 pheno was strongly on the c99 side, which is well known for the grapefruit smell. Generally if you get a Genius pheno it will be more like Lemon Candy smelling.

What breeders packs of A11 did you run out of curiosity?

always great to see other Apollo 11 Enthusiasts...

Last edited by a moderator:

Green Supreme

Veteran
Seems I have derailed this thread. My apologies. I could remove my posts if the starter wishes. Peace GS

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
??? I guess I don't understand why you think you derailed this thread. The grapefruit I grew all those years ago was bred with the sweet pink grapefruit clone, so far as I am concerned you are right on topic. :)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
remember that the swt was back crossed to SPG.. Hope that helps. I grew Soma NYCD a few times and I did not get any grapefruit. I got stanky skuny Phenos..

demasoni

Hey Green supreme are you saying mikado is close to the real SPG? I will have to settle for the closest thing to SPG in seed form.While I'd like to run swt tooth I also would rather have the real deal SPG (for intense taste , not something just smelling like grapefruit) I'm just too far away to acquire cuts.

MIway

Veteran
The grapefruit I grew back in the day were seeds from the sweet pink grapefruit clone. That's what I'm looking for. The smell was undeniably grapefruit, not kind of grapefruity but exactly like grapefruit. Anyone know if any of the California clubs sell the sweet pink grapefruit clone?

what ojd said... there is a destinctly ruby red grapefruit pheno that comes outta the soma seeds... i mean it is undeniably ruby red citrus... uber strong for the odor & taste.

i found mine, though a stringy version, in a 5pack of all things... she's still out there in CO just because of how destinct the grapefruit was... though it isn't the 'grapefruit' lineage u were chattin on, but if u want to find it w what's readily available... soma nycd. peace.

i was going to mention nycd from soma but thought you would of tried that before

but that is the most tastiest weed ever
straight grapefruit funk

peace

Green Supreme

Veteran
No, just saying if he had Grapefruit cross beans 6 years ago, it was probably that cross. Many strain knockers have found getting a true Grapefruit from a bean is no easy chore. I am not so sure this was the point for Steve and DJ when they made Sweet Tooth. Peace GS

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
What breeders packs of A11 did you run out of curiosity?

always great to see other Apollo 11 Enthusiasts...

Bros. Grimm back in '03. That A11 I found was, to this day, one of the best strains minus strong plant structure. I have grown the genius pheno and c99 too but neither put out the grapefruitness that my A11 did.

As far as Mikado goes, I had some back in the 90s that was very citrusy, more orange than grapefruit. It was so impressive that I bought some mikado from federation and they failed to produce anyting remotely citrusy. The seeds i grew turned out to be very diferent--earthy, kushy--- smell and high. If not mistaken I do believe that at some point Feds Mikado (which was a backcross of the spg clone) was crossed again with NL or something similar. The results were disappointing for me as I was looking for that grapefruit. have wanted to try Dynamite and reefs gf for this very reason. Oh and I did grow FMS grapefruit-- good strain, little to no grapefruit smell.

Last edited:
^^ ive always been interested in mikado, always assumed it was sour, never really found much about that strain though, always wanted it though.

and yeah i got some grapefruit nugs the other day from a club that were amazing, reaked like pure grapefruits, not even anything like weed, just pure grapefruit haha. even more then a grapefruit, tasted like grapefruit and looked amazing, it could compete with any og or top quality bud.. it was called just grapefruit but who knows what it really is with clubs just throwing names on shit nowadays...

other strains are sweettooth of course, and i had a nycd in amsterdam that was straight grapefruit funk, havent seen any nycd with that grapefruit smell since though, that was in 04 but i know its still in there, just gotta find it.

and the spg is probably the one though, heard a lot of good about it.

lemony weed is getting old, im onto the orange and grapefruit stuff now haha. love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BCNeil

I had a sweet tooth number 3, that was close to grapefruit. I tried late sweet tooths but nothing was as good.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just got the SPG clone and am flowering it for the first time as we speak. It certainly seems like the real deal, from a legit source too. It preflowers in veg heavily and is a bit floppy but even the preflowers smell like dank grapefruit.

I am also going to do a little pollen chucking with my NYCD (grapefruit pheno from 2003 regular seeds) mom. I am going to use colloidal silver and reverse the NYCD. I am planning on sending some in for freebies when the time comes and I have ran a few of them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts