What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for a Grapefruity strain

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
Hi all mates, as said in the title i'm lookin' for a strain with some defined and strong grapefruit taste...

One of the best weed i ever smoked was a NYCD, a stuff with an unbelievable grapefruit flavour that stands in your mouth for long time, and i'm still impressed after years of that incredible aroma...

In commerce there are lots of Grapefruit strains, but i'm really confused, i'm scared to be victim of the "hype", so what i'm lookin' for is a direct experience by someone that grow some of this stuff, that can give me a proper report :)

Thanks in advance for the replies :tiphat:

Last edited:
I

Iron_Lion

Sweet Tooth....Sweet Tooth....Sweet Tooth.....Sweet Tooth.... LOL

Also female seeds has Grapefruit, and I have also found very grapefruity examples in Female Seeds Iced grapefruit, very heavy grapefruitiness there.

Rusty420

did someone say SWEEEETT TOOOOOTH!! :)

beat yo to it SOTF
picture.php

image.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Look into Afghan seed lines, you'll find grapefruit. A few years ago I ran a bunch of Affy seeds and all but two females were very grapefruit smelling. One was mostly musky grapefruit while two in particular were sharp citrus grapefruit, no musky or funky smell. Really nice flavors & highs from them all.

Happy hunting.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my sweet tooth is straight grapefruit. also had a power kush plant with a light grapefruit scent.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Homie I got them on Sammie website for 20-40 bucks... My brother popped a few they were very indica and nice GF ... Peace up!

sounds consistent of someone who's growing NYCD for years ( someone in the soma section. DR. pethoral ? )

said the fat leaved, "indica" ones are most grapefruit...

but yeah, NYCD is known for grapefruit. maybe the NYCD female seed would be a good choice if your into female seed.

M

MummyCat

I can't believe you have that many posts and haven't seen SOTF420 post about Sweet tooth

Hamburglar

I haven't grown it myself, but whenever Grapefruit is mentioned here, SWEET TOOTH always comes up.

However, Mosca Negara's C99 has a really nice grape-fruity pheno too. As well as pineapple ;)

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm lookin' for a strain with some defined and strong grapefruit taste...

One of the best weed i ever smoked was a NYCD, a stuff with an unbelievable grapefruit flavour that stands in your mouth for long time, and i'm still impressed after years of that incredible aroma...

Welcome aboard Jare!:tiphat:
I have had your same exact feeling. Still nowadays every Amsterdam trip begins and ends with that taste....:joint:

I'm in love with it. Take a look at my recent updates in my searches, I'm still on it.
Grapefruit through NYCD is a challenge. Some got it with 5 beans, Soma himself told me it was plant #6 the very first round he planted it. I tried something like 40 original seeds (paid for every one of those....:wallbash:) and 70-80 F2s. Only 2-3 phenos worked for me.
I think more a matter of luck, but you might end up not so satified at the end.The best way is to go for it as clone.
I found this kind of dankness and agrumes (it's not exactly grapefruit, more of orange.lemon, agrumes anyway with the exact lingering effect as amstedam NYCD) with agent orange. Grapefruit, grapefruit diesel, dynamite and a few Nycd hybrids were good but less dank, less special.

My attention is drown lately to swt #4. Hope to find some at butique or bay. The passion behind this strain is really intense.
There're friends around really in love with it!:respect:
This strain should be the next ingredient to my agrumes salad.
Tomorrow I'm going to pollinate whole different plants with some ag. orange male to produce real agrumes saladers.
Think that I tried to eat a few male flowers and they tasted like orange peel. I will be glad to make some freebies to spread around.
I hope this helps your search and gives the best karma on it.
regards
Dr. P