What's new

I'm beginning to hate sativas. Help

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I'm beginning to hate sativas. What the F is wrong with my plants? As usual the leaves are starting to turn yellow. Maybe I need to feed it grow food I don't know.
Soil is ff happy frog. They are clones.

20230927_020829.jpg

revegeta666

At first glance this looks like a pH problem and/or overwatering. The pot is very big for the size of the plants so it's most likely not a lack of nutrients in the soil. An oversized pot makes it easier to overwater. Also the plant looks like it has been heavily defoliated and twisted around. A healthy plant can take the abuse but if your basics are not in check I would not make it suffer unnecessarily.

acespicoli

too wet in humus swamp add builder sand 3$/bag hardware store to mix
- let bone dry, water, bone dry, repeat
sativa thrive in alkaline poorly fertile sandy soils, think herb garden mix
solid 2" layer sand on top dig finger in feel soil moisture, neem oil light spray for bugs root drench
rinse with clean pure water rain from sky in bucket

Last edited:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I'm beginning to hate sativas. What the F is wrong with my plants? As usual the leaves are starting to turn yellow. Maybe I need to feed it grow food I don't know.
Soil is ff happy frog. They are clones.

20230927_020829.jpg
Foxfarm has a reputation of being rather hot.

What has the plant been fed?

It is always best to either use cannabis specific soil (canna, plagron, biobizz) or make your own supersoil.

This nitrogen deficiency/lockout in veg almost always happens from underwatering. Cannabis needs lots of the growth nutrient nitrogen, in flower, which is the actual growth and expansion phase.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Underfed and overwatered.

I would feed a good veg base nutrient, ph'd properly and make sure I had enough light on the plant. Looks like low lighting as well.

It isn't sativa that's the issue, most plants would struggle in those conditions.

RobFromTX

Looks like nutrient lockout to me. I think people underestimate how strong fox farm soils are. Ive grown sativas all the way through without barely adding anything at all. Its already loaded to the gills with nutrient sources, especially nitrogen. And sativas hate to be overfed. Keep checking ph and only use half the recommended doses on the bottle, even with the organic nutrients

Ca++

I have been apprehensive about replying, as I can't shake the idea that with 30% of the west stock infected, we never see it in posts. Signs like the mosaic pattern on leaves, that lack the symmetry of most deficiencies. The twisting of blades. Thinning of new ones. Lack of advancement.

Can we see the mum?

I have been apprehensive about replying, as I can't shake the idea that with 30% of the west stock infected, we never see it in posts. Signs like the mosaic pattern on leaves, that lack the symmetry of most deficiencies. The twisting of blades. Thinning of new ones. Lack of advancement.

Can we see the mum?
YES!!! My pre viroid stock is perfect meanwhile I find myself wasting thousands on post viroid stock coming from everywhere else. And your RIGHT its like clockwork, first a weird mosaic virus from the start, second leaf curling, then third LACK of advancement. I am so done buying beans that arn't from the farmer of landrace origin.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I thought seeds were a safe bet? I know clones can be an issue, but seeds?

mexweed

Veteran
Immature clone, immature root development, huge pot that drowns/suffocates the immature growth

A crap grow does not equal hlvd, it still produces bud but the bud will be "dudded" it will crumble like dry fall leafs and taste like dry fall leafs too, that is the most telling characteristic the "composted leaf" terps

Any reputable seed company sold on a "mainstream" seed site would never hear the end of it if they were selling seeds that produced the virus, look at how much shit they get when there is a germination issue

troutman

Seed Whore
Pure Sativas for one thing are sensitive to overfeeding.
Secondly, I never use more than 14 hours to veg them.
Even then I normally these days send the plants into
flowering within 2 weeks of growth.

revegeta666

Can we see the mum?
No offense but it looks pretty clear to me this is most likely a growing issue.