What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm a Murderer!!

YetiOG

That's right... I'm a horrific killer of my poor cannabis plants. I just can't get anything right. Even if a plant survives my ignorant abuses to grow a meter high, I make another huge mistake. I've lost a small fortune in seeds.

I'm not asking for help... just want to bitch and cry in open forum. I can search and find answers. Maybe I'm too stupid to absorb, organize and effectualize the information I need to not KILL my plants.

I think I need a hug. :cry: :comfort:

Spend more time reading on ic.

Practice on bagseed.

You might luck out and sometime score a bulk of practice seeds.

brown_thumb

What a nice crowd of very cool people here. What I'm reading is...

1. Keep it simple
2. Don't baby the plants
3. Keep learning

I think I've been abusing rules 1 and 2.

brown_thumb

I forgot to ask indoor or outdoor

I have a lean-to greenhouse covered with white translucent corrugated siding/roofing. It's not sealed at all so it has plenty of air circulation. When it gets colder I'll have to seal it better and add a couple of heaters.

Last edited:
T

TreehouseJ

We know you got big balls because you're growing outside in Tejas! Yee haw!

I got pulled over with a glock, spent shells all over the cab of my truck, a water pipe, a gram of weed, and 3-4 assorted beer bottles that had been collecting over the past few week, in the most conservative part of texas.

Two more cops showed up as soon as cop #1 found the weed pipe and walked me up away from traffic to crucify up on the side of the road. While cop #1 continued searching my truck from the drivers side, ass sticking out into traffic, some California meth head clipped my open door and almost clipped cop #1 in the ASS doing 100 mph. It took 5-6 seconds before any of us had a reaction. All cop #1 kept sayin was "He hit your car. He hit your f*n car"..

Cop 2 and 3 dart off to chase the fleeing meth head, while cop #1 just sat there in disbelief. After blankly staring at me and repeating himself for an inordinate amount of time, he instructed me to get back into my truck, attempt to close my door, and to follow him. He then proceeds to drive me 3-4 miles down I80 doing 100+ mph. I just assumed he wanted me to stay in sight.. so I followed him at his pace at a 15 car length. I'm a yankee from the city, so.. this is already the most ass-backwards thing I have ever experienced. Back in civilization where I come from, If I got pulled over with an open container, I would have been in handcuffs and permanently banned from ever operating a motor vehicle again. In Amarillo, I'm tailing a cop at 100 mph, buzzin from the tall boy I just chugged, chasing a meth head down the road in a pickup truck.

The meth head claimed he had felt funny and was acting erratically because he had eaten a tainted bag of cheetos 30 minutes prior, lol. He was taken to the hospital for what I am sure was a very thorough cavity search.

The cops just told me to throw out the beer bottles at the next gas station, and let me go, only writing me a ticket for speeding, forgetting to confiscate the gram of weed and the glass pipe. They even took my gun from behind my passenger seat and neatly placed it in my glove compartment, and left me 2 full loose beers. Fuckin' Texas man..

Last edited:

brown_thumb

You're a lucky man, TreehouseJ... a very lucky man. :D

To put others' worries to rest: I live on two acres and my home is on the front half acre. The lean-to is attached to the rear side of my trailer so it's not visible from the nearest road. It is visible through the trees from the far road behind the property but the white panels hide the plants. I don't run the grow lights when its dark and the tiny bit of purple hue showing through the panels isn't noticeable during the day. Soon I'll add some CMH lights to extend growing time into the night without being too obvious. I think white lights are less 'telling' than purple lights. In fact, the CMH may completely replace the LEDs I'm currently using as supplemental lights.

Last edited:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I got pulled over with a glock, spent shells all over the cab of my truck, a water pipe, a gram of weed, and 3-4 assorted beer bottles that had been collecting over the past few week, in the most conservative part of texas.

Two more cops showed up as soon as cop #1 found the weed pipe and walked me up away from traffic to crucify up on the side of the road. While cop #1 continued searching my truck from the drivers side, ass sticking out into traffic, some California meth head clipped my open door and almost clipped cop #1 in the ASS doing 100 mph. It took 5-6 seconds before any of us had a reaction. All cop #1 kept sayin was "He hit your car. He hit your f*n car"..

Cop 2 and 3 dart off to chase the fleeing meth head, while cop #1 just sat there in disbelief. After blankly staring at me and repeating himself for an inordinate amount of time, he instructed me to get back into my truck, attempt to close my door, and to follow him. He then proceeds to drive me 3-4 miles down I80 doing 100+ mph. I just assumed he wanted me to stay in sight.. so I followed him at his pace at a 15 car length. I'm a yankee from the city, so.. this is already the most ass-backwards thing I have ever experienced. Back in civilization where I come from, If I got pulled over with an open container, I would have been in handcuffs and permanently banned from ever operating a motor vehicle again. In Amarillo, I'm tailing a cop at 100 mph, buzzin from the tall boy I just chugged, chasing a meth head down the road in a pickup truck.

The meth head claimed he had felt funny and was acting erratically because he had eaten a tainted bag of cheetos 30 minutes prior, lol. He was taken to the hospital for what I am sure was a very thorough cavity search.

The cops just told me to throw out the beer bottles at the next gas station, and let me go, only writing me a ticket for speeding, forgetting to confiscate the gram of weed and the glass pipe. They even took my gun from behind my passenger seat and neatly placed it in my glove compartment, and left me 2 full loose beers. Fuckin' Texas man..

I don't know if you're pulling our legs or not, but either way, great fucking story!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well a few months into this and it could be worse. My first grows ended in the mulch pile. Where several of them fuckers grew right out of the bin. Now those plants were tough bastages. I topped them and used the tops as clones. My first sucess.
Bravo! Success somewhere!

H

Huckster79

They say lifes a bitch then ya die

Really sucks when

Lifes a bitch and ur weed dies

T

TreehouseJ

I don't know if you're pulling our legs or not, but either way, great fucking story!

I wish I could make up a story like that. There's even an embarrassing/omitted ending...

I got pulled over for the exact same shit a week later in OK..

Except this time I didn't have time to slip the clip out, making sh*t even worse. 3 days prior I had been on OKC's 5 o'clock news ranting and raving about how f*cked up the SE side of OKC is. A homeless man who was watching over the shop next door to mine had his head bashed in with a brick. So, explaining this to the cop, and the nature of my occupation, he was pretty chill about everything. He still nailed me with every single ticket, and tried to see if I would squeal over an open container, but I just gave him the old "yeah... no". This marked the beginning to the end of my misery.

At the time I was driving 3k miles a week, while spending an equal amount of time installing all sorts of various bs for the man, and then another equal amount of time with paperwork, and then another equal amount with phone work. I was sleeping mostly out of my truck, or a hotel if I was lucky enough to not be in the middle of a fucking desert, and usually only every 3rd or 4th day. I was almost pulling 6 figures doing this shit, but I couldn't keep it up for more than 5-6 years, and I wouldn't do it again given the option. My back will never be the same.

VERMONSTAH

That's right... I'm a horrific killer of my poor cannabis plants. I just can't get anything right. Even if a plant survives my ignorant abuses to grow a meter high, I make another huge mistake. I've lost a small fortune in seeds.

I'm not asking for help... just want to bitch and cry in open forum. I can search and find answers. Maybe I'm too stupid to absorb, organize and effectualize the information I need to not KILL my plants.

BARRINGTON MON!

https://youtu.be/W9mvTNh-plY

T

TreehouseJ

You should science fiction books roflmao ��

Ss .

I get that a lot. Unfortunately my grasp on the english language is pretty tenuous, my writing is shit, and I'm not very creative. Every time I start writing its just embarrassing masturbatory bs. I don't know if irony follows people the way it follows me, but most of my memorable experiences are too ironic or plain ol' f*cked up to be readily believable. Spending 4.5 years in a third world country and another 3 years being a homeless nomad and another 5 years driving 3k miles a week across the US... I've accumulated some really wacky stories for a kid my age.

brown_thumb

It's official... I killed two of the Cherry bomb seedlings and one never broke through the soil. Two are barely hanging on but one of those will surely die... looks VERY bad. The last one I have little hope for. So I'll have killed 5 out of 5 Cherry Bomb. That's 100 percent failure with that strain.

All 5 of the Tora Bora seedlings are still alive but, considering my horrible track record, I'm not expecting a good crop from those either.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit SHIT!!!

O

OG Tree Grower

Have you checked the ph/ppm of your water?
How far are you keeping the light away from the plant?
How did they die? Just wilted and fell over?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran

72193481.jpg

DJXX

Veteran
It's official... I killed two of the Cherry bomb seedlings and one never broke through the soil. Two are barely hanging on but one of those will surely die... looks VERY bad. The last one I have little hope for. So I'll have killed 5 out of 5 Cherry Bomb. That's 100 percent failure with that strain.

All 5 of the Tora Bora seedlings are still alive but, considering my horrible track record, I'm not expecting a good crop from those either.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit SHIT!!!
whats your germination method...lets start at the beginning....i have been using the germ method on Greenhouseseeds.NL...it really helped me in the beginning.....10 years later i still use it...DJXX
ck out the link
https://shop.greenhouseseeds.nl/germination-instructions.html

brown_thumb

Have you checked the ph/ppm of your water?
How far are you keeping the light away from the plant?
How did they die? Just wilted and fell over?

I'm using catch water from a window A/C unit and adjust the neutral 7.0 PH to 6 or 6.5. I grow in high quality soil.

The supplemental LED 'full spectrum' lights (really just very broad spectrum) are spread from 20 to 40 centimeters from the plants. They're arranged to light the plants from top to bottom fairly evenly. These are approximately 16 watts each actual watt consumption. They're arranged to light the darker side of the plants (greenhouse is a lean-to) and I rotate them at least twice weekly. The plant that's a meter tall has four lights. The one that's 50cm tall has two lights. the seedlings get the spillover and average about 40cm from the lights.

On average the seedlings seem to stop growing at 25mm tall and turn pale then the leaves turn brown at the edges then the whole plant dies and folds under.

Again though, I have better luck (seedlings last longer before dying) with some strains than others. The Cherry Bomb did the worst of any I've tried so far but I've not tried that many strains yet.

Last edited:

brown_thumb

whats your germination method...lets start at the beginning....i have been using the germ method on Greenhouseseeds.NL...it really helped me in the beginning.....10 years later i still use it...DJXX
ck out the link
https://shop.greenhouseseeds.nl/germination-instructions.html

I germinated with damp paper towels (not 'wet') in a clamshell made from from two aluminum disposable pans to keep them in the dark. I don't drown the sprouts... I keep the towels barely damp. So far all seeds have germinated and nearly all will break soil in 4 inch coconut fiber pots with high quality soil. My mistakes seem to occur after germination and seedling breakthrough of soil.