What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Illinois revised timelines and guidelines

bigAl25

Veteran
I can't believe that chickenshit governor, Quinn, sat on the growing licensing permits and did not award them before he left office. Dear Illinois, that is pure bullshit from your former governor. What will the Repub governor now do? Speed up an already slow and overdue deal or sit on it even longer. Damnit you voted for it, why are the dip shit politicians holding this up? What assholes.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
amannamedtruth said:
So wait, some folks have licenses and some don't?

I had mentioned earlier (Weekend of 9-11th) "actions and event's" taken/put into motion, (Week of 5th-9th) so.......I was merely pointing out and highlighting the statement.

I thought interesting.

amannamedtruth

Veteran
right, i understand that all the licensing was basically in line and set up. Does that mean folks have been told they have licenses by quinn, then he left, and have been told to wait???

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Illinois medical marijuana licenses delayed despite application rankings

There are so many aspects involved here that so very few even remotely can begin to understand....I really haven't had as much of a problem waiting as most, and have had more interest in the various aspects addressed regularly....

The lists above are not the final, and people should remember, scoring alone is not, nor ever was the sole deciding factor, and I think there's a lot people dont know about those selected for several. (There are those applying for several who are incapable of proceeding financially)

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Rauner wants a full legal review of all the apps, to make sure former govt insiders aren't being given preferential treatment. One of his campaign promises was to rid govt of insider dealings, which sounds noble but in this case is screwing over hundreds (?) of patients.
Not to mention all the applicants are screwed, they were told expect decisions by Dec, now it's looking like March. Options to lease, options to buy, experts and consultants on hold. Money money money going down the drain, and more money to lose when they actually get the licenses, unless somehow IL gets at least 5-10 thousand patients signed up this year.
Oh, this state really knows how to screw people over, don't they?

growteam

What do you guys think of this?

“Let’s talk about this medical marijuana mess that Governor Quinn created, then ran away from,” Rauner said. “Apparently he made arbitrary decisions about disqualifying people, and who could play and who could not, different from what the legislation authorized, and the law required.”

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...l-Marijuana-Mess-290395611.html#ixzz3QRlisFID
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

Sounds like they are focusing on why some people got disqualified.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Supposedly 18 cc and 53 disp licenses have been issued; well, the winners were notified and they have 48 hours to accept.
That was a bit quicker than i expected, thankfully...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I'm a bootlicker and kiss ass. And i will not take less than $13 an hour, which is what our min wage should be, but only is in seattle, but screw it im demanding it anyway.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And that's what it's all about.....

Patients legally safe......an industry for those with a passion for it to enter in their home state......

A miraculous thing has taken place despite the complaints of many (virtually all).....

Truly amazing..... :) The long term potential even more so......

Garlic Bud

Hopefully the groups that were awarded permits will get things rolling quickly and the patients can get access to their meds soon.
Garlic

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
There's a list of who got approved for licenses. I recognize none of the names, but hope they're good people.
Supposedly, so far 14000 people have started the app process, 2100 have completed some to all of the required parts, and around 1000 have so far been approved.
Again, dont know how many of those 1000 are patients vs caregivers.
But 1000, ok thats a start. Could we see another 1000 or more by the time medicine is being sold? I would hope so.