What's new

Ikea CFL Wardrobe Grow - Apollo 11

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
OMG, those are darn serious buds!!! This post will be great for those who insist flowering with CFLs is not worth! please note down the yields!

CHOP DAY FOR JULES!

CHOP DAY FOR JULES!

Hello fellow ICMagers,
Chop day has come for Jules. :jump:

Jules getting ready for the chop.

Hollow stems, a very good sign indeed!

Still more trimming to do

Jules hanging (in my new, but unused cab)

Jules hanging in the cab, trim in pan below

Weight/yield in a few days...smoke report a few weeks later...Meg gets chopped in about 10-12 days.... :rasta:

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
repuk said:
OMG, those are darn serious buds!!! This post will be great for those who insist flowering with CFLs is not worth! please note down the yields!
High buds! I second what puk said...lol. You seriously grew them with strait cfl? Truely incredible!
Great job!
Peace, bugout

Thanks Guys!

Thanks Guys!

TBug, Conn300, Repuk, NeartheBeachBoy, TotalNOOb:

Thanks all for the kind words & encouragement. I actually took Jules a little early last week (on the 17th), I had family coming into town and I didn't want to have to trim while they were here. So Jules is in a jar now :rasta:

Jules was 18" wide and 18" tall at chop time. Very nice stout lil plant. With a little more proper training/LSTing she could have been about 12"-14" wide. I ended up getting 2.25 oz off of her (63 grams dried to be exact). Meg is still going, hoping I can take her in about 6 days (still has new white pistils shooting out). I will post a smoke report on Jules in about 2 weeks, I'd like to get a little bit of a cure in. I have put 5 clones of Jules on the empty shelf where Jules was, I'm now setting my goal at a 1/2 lb. Let's see what these CFLs can REALLY do! :muahaha:

Last edited:
Meg has been cut down and my first cab grow is finally complete. Meg went a total of 60 days. I think I could've taken it at 54-55 days, but with it being the holidays I just couldn't get to it. I'm watercuring about a 1/2 oz wet, I'm going to try and make some cannabutter. Once dry I will post weight, lookin like it'll be about 1.75 oz on this one.
--
TB4U
:joint:

Very nice, 1.75 oz on an A11

So you did this whole grow with CFLs correct because in the recent pics, I see a HPS cooltube lol

I have 2 cabs, a CFL cab and an HPS cab. The HPS cab has been used for DRYING ONLY (there's a carbon filter in it), I haven't been able to get the temps under control to use it for it's purpose yet. I pulled 2.25 oz off of one A11, and I'm hoping I'll get 1.75 oz off the other. The ENTIRE GROW WAS DONE WITH CFLS!!!! CFLs are pretty badass, I'm impressed. Thanks for stopping by everyone, smoke report & nug pics coming soon.
--
TB4U

Last edited:
ThisBuds4You said:
I have 2 cabs, a CFL cab and an HPS cab. The HPS cab has been used for DRYING ONLY (there's a carbon filter in it), I haven't been able to get the temps under control to use it for it's purpose yet. I pulled 2.25 oz off of one A11, and I'm hoping I'll get 1.75 oz off the other. The ENTIRE GROW WAS DONE WITH CFLS!!!! CFLs are pretty badass, I'm impressed. Thanks for stopping by everyone, smoke report & nug pics coming soon.
--
TB4U

Ah i understand now

My only question is that at weight height did you flower them at? And how long did you veg and flower them for?

:rasta: it's all good Overmind. I vegged for a while, about 4 weeks. These were grown from seed, I'm pretty sure if I used clones I would've only needed 3 weeks. When I flipped the switch, they were about 5.5-6" tall, but I tied them down A LOT, they ended up being just as wide as they were tall. Here is a pic 2 days after 12/12.

The clones from Jules and Meg are in flowering now and they look awesome. Nice, short, bushy and full of lil white buds. As in the original Meg pheno (I think it's actually the C99 pheno), the clones have stretched more than Jules. Jules is a much more well structured plant (I think this is the Genius pheno). Apollo 11 sure is nice smoke :rasta:... I recommend it to everyone. Happy high, I love it. I'll post nug & clone pics soon.

MEG PRE-CHOP

T

totaln00b

Nice job! The flowers look kind of airy. Is this a characteristic of the strain? I wanna read the eat/smoke report.

Meg's Buds

Meg's Buds

totaln00b said:
Nice job! The flowers look kind of airy. Is this a characteristic of the strain? I wanna read the eat/smoke report.

These buds were FAR from airy, they were golf ball sized dense nugs:

Meg @ Day 49 or so

The density of these buds are better than Jules, but Jules had massive buds. I'm sure the buds are denser because this plant went 8 days longer than the other. I think the magic number for Apollo 11 in this setup is about 54-55 days (Hempy Bucket, 252 watts CFLs, FloraNova Nutes & CO2). I've got A11 clones in 12/12 now, I'll see if this timing works better with them. Meg is drying very nicely; I will post a pic as soon as it finishes drying. :rasta:

Last edited:
Glad to hear you found a genius pheno of A11, I also got one from JW A11 seeds which I love

I've been trying to decide at which height I should flower the A11 clones at, I was thinking 1 foot to get 1.5-2oz. What do you think?

Kahl

Very nice sir, just browsing thought I'd compliment you on this clean grow. Its good to see some cfl action, i still know people who are total non-believers. stay lit!

Kahl said:
Very nice sir, just browsing thought I'd compliment you on this clean grow. Its good to see some cfl action, i still know people who are total non-believers. stay lit!

Kahl,

Thanks for the compliments, however it's ma'am, not sir :rasta: LOL! Don't make me break out the whip!

overmind1632 said:
Glad to hear you found a genius pheno of A11, I also got one from JW A11 seeds which I love

YES!!! I love Joey Weed genetics! Do you have any other JW seeds? I ordered Blueberry, just waiting for that to get in. Do you have a growlog?

overmind1632 said:
I've been trying to decide at which height I should flower the A11 clones at, I was thinking 1 foot to get 1.5-2oz. What do you think?

A foot sounds pretty good. You will have to do some pruning. I think I would've gotten a better yield if I pruned. There are a lot of lil bullshit nugs that will develop, I ended up putting them aside and I'm going to try and make hash this weekend.

Kahl

My most humble appologies...Now im impressed lol. You've obviously done your homework(probly more than me)and it shows. Hope to see your new cab in action soon! get them temps down

Happy Plants

Happy Plants

It's all good Kahl,

I need to get a more powerful fan for the other cab. I need to get it going soon because the seedling are almost ready to go in...

Here are the Apollo 11 clones & LUI, Happy Plants :rasta:

What you got cookin now?

What you got cookin now?

overmind1632 said:
Yep, I also have JW's C99

Are you currently growing out anything? Congrats on making it to 300 posts btw :rasta: And thanks for the feedback on my A11 mom, she's so pitiful :badday:

Latest posts

Latest posts