What's new

If you live in a Legal Cannabis State and are unhappy post here!

Jhhnn

Veteran
Unless they make it a federal offense, that would most likely deter most, from such activity.
As far as seeds go the Govt. controls them.....don't mess with Big govt...you will have the bull by the horns there.
I would not risk a federal offense for pot....So I would smoke whatever was handed to me and be happy I had something(Minn.Canada ect)...to me this is all wrong.
Bottom line is:
If I am forced to buy weed from the Govt. , I am not calling that the right way, that is a big for sure!
Jhhnn states the people have the ultimate power in CO. , why not use it to get it just right?
shag

Nobody is tracking genetic markers on weed in CO. Obviously not when anybody can grow whatever kind they want.

While the people do have the ultimate power, it's important to recognize that cannabis users are only ~10% of the adult population, so we're not achieving any electoral victories by force of numbers. We had to compromise, to make the whole deal attractive to enough people to get A64 passed. It certainly does not rule out more favorable change in the future.

What we got far outweighs what we didn't for nearly everybody. We lost nothing.

What stayed the same is the illegality of small growers doing so for profit.

The State got sin tax revenue, and business got the right to try to cut each other's throats growing & selling us weed.

The whole thing about personal growing is absolutely huge. I'm no great grower, but I could readily harvest. 5 lbs/ year from our grow if I used fems or cuts, never having more than 6 in flower & 6 in veg, the latter only part of the time. Better growers can double that with ease. We can legally hold every bit of it.

That's 3/4 to 1-1/2 oz per person per week. It's more than either of us care to smoke. YMMV, of course.

Want more? Gettogro harvests 15 lbs from 6 plants every 4-1/2 months. After that, I don't know what to tell you.

Forget making money & pretense of being a "breeder" to make it highly agreeable.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
agree with you, Jhhnn. 6 in flower, 6 in veg at any time. I remember a guy on OG that got over 2 lb regularly per plant in a 4x4 box doing a DWC scrog to maximize bud exposure to the light. 5 lb a year w/6 plants? sure, & I couldn't smoke that much these days anyway, LOL! I would need some cool neighbors. even if I did not have to worry about drug testing/DUID, I doubt if I would smoke more than 3/4 lb per year myself. when I was younger, I could go through an oz a week no sweat, not now...:biggrin:

monsoon

I had a 6 bucket UC system w/6K of lighting goin for awhile there pre 1284 when sales to the dispensaries were allowed and I could easily get 5 lbs per cycle from it. More with the right strain. No doubt, 6 plants in the right set up can produce serious weight if you play it right.

But again, who is checking to see you only have 6? Nobody is, that's who. If you wanna breed some seeds in yer closet, go for it. No one will stop you or know unless you can't keep your mouth shut that is. It's a lot like fuckin. Nobody knows if you got yer rocks off doggy style last night or were doin it missionary style. Same shit with yer 6 count. Bang that shit out, nobody gonna know and it's no big deal anyway if you are GROWING FOR YOURSELF.

That's why the saying goes "where there's a will, there's a way" and not "Where there's a WHINE, there's a way". (as some here must think it works)

shaggyballs

Veteran
you realize, don't you, that the bar code is on the CONTAINER that the pot is in? it aint stamped on the weed itself? aint a thing in the world to stop you from buying a bag with the bar code on it, smoking it, & putting weed from the black market (or your closet) in the bag? just like drinking your package store "moonshine" (several varieties available, both clear/colored/flavored) and re-filling it out of your still ?
But not everyone can produce it for themselves.

I must choose my words very carefully as they fall under much scrutiny here!

If you take you bud out of the container it was marked in and sold in.
And the penalty was 2 yrs in prison just for that would you not think twice.

And a 5 yrs sentence for seed or clone distribution.
I think that would deter most.

You seem to want to convince me somehow I would be better off buying poor quality weed from the Govt. , so you can have a piece too.

I personal see this as a sellout.
Giving up what is best for most of the people for the good of some?
This just makes no sense in my mind.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Nobody is tracking genetic markers on weed in CO. Obviously not when anybody can grow whatever kind they want.

While the people do have the ultimate power, it's important to recognize that cannabis users are only ~10% of the adult population, so we're not achieving any electoral victories by force of numbers. We had to compromise, to make the whole deal attractive to enough people to get A64 passed. It certainly does not rule out more favorable change in the future.

What we got far outweighs what we didn't for nearly everybody. We lost nothing.

What stayed the same is the illegality of small growers doing so for profit.

The State got sin tax revenue, and business got the right to try to cut each other's throats growing & selling us weed.

The whole thing about personal growing is absolutely huge. I'm no great grower, but I could readily harvest. 5 lbs/ year from our grow if I used fems or cuts, never having more than 6 in flower & 6 in veg, the latter only part of the time. Better growers can double that with ease. We can legally hold every bit of it.

That's 3/4 to 1-1/2 oz per person per week. It's more than either of us care to smoke. YMMV, of course.

Want more? Gettogro harvests 15 lbs from 6 plants every 4-1/2 months. After that, I don't know what to tell you.

Forget making money & pretense of being a "breeder" to make it highly agreeable.

IIRC, there were not many more than 10% who favored Prohibition of Alcohol.... and they were enough of a political power to keep Prohibition alive for quite some time.

A64 was a good 'starting point'. I think we'll be able to move forward easily from here. I would certainly like to see the 6 count moved up to 10 or 12 however..... so I could Really have an oversupply problem. :laughing: ..... and I wouldn't have to worry when I root too many cuts.

I could also justify a 'real' Greenhouse at that point as well.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Lets stay on topic please

The topic is

If you want to talk of the good thing legalization has done in CO.
please post here.
Why CO. is better than anywhere else for legal cannabis!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=291154

Let us please, stop getting off topic!

Now are their any complaints to be had?
shag

shaggyballs

Veteran
In Colorado, the infiltration of genetically modified marijuana is being fostered by United Cannabis (UCANN) and dispensaries such as RiverRock .

Earnest Backmon, president and chairman of the board for UCANN is also the “owner and the master grower at RiverRock Colorado and is responsible for the production, processing, workflow management, JIT inventory control, security, staffing, training and recruiting.”

UCANN prides themselves on developing a “unique proprietary cannabinoid therapy program” who is currently partnered with “domestically and internationally with local businessmen, entrepreneurs, scientists, and government agencies for the purpose of promoting Best Practices in Planning, Procedures, Governance and Patient Care.”

On the board of directors for UCANN, sits John C. Hunter , consultant and special advisor to the executive board, who began his career into genetically modified organisms (GMOs) with Monsanto in 1969.

Hunter spent the next 30 years working toward boosting sales, engineering and managing the direction of Monsanto; as well as holding specialized positions as manager of various chemical divisions of Monsanto from 1989 to 2004.

During his time with Solutia, Hunter was part of a lawsuit wherein $700 million was presented as compensation for illegal dumping of PCB and contamination by Solutia and Monsanto affecting more than 20,000 residents in Anniston, Alabama.

monsoon

On topic (for the Monsanto thread..LOL) ....but either way.... please cite your cut/paste sources (with links) so folks can chase the paper trail and see who/what organization is behind such press.

It's a tangled web they weave....know what I'm sayin'?

shaggyballs

Veteran
On topic (for the Monsanto thread..LOL) ....but either way.... please cite your cut/paste sources (with links) so folks can chase the paper trail and see who/what organization is behind such press.

It's a tangled web they weave....know what I'm sayin'?

More importantly this post is more pertinent to this thread.

Why do you feel the need to cause trouble in every post you make?
What should call one, with such a reputation????
I think I know......would that be a fair description of your actions?
Would you say a person who acts like this is a?????????
A big distraction to say the least.

When I post links they just get dismissed as the boogie man so.
I suggest, if you would like to stay informed do it yourself...lazy bones.
:biggrin:

anyway here it is
http://www.occupycorporatism.com/home/washington-state-pot-scare-rise-gmo-marijuana/

Jhhnn

Veteran

You seem to want to convince me somehow I would be better off buying poor quality weed from the Govt. , so you can have a piece too.

I personal see this as a sellout.
Giving up what is best for most of the people for the good of some?
This just makes no sense in my mind.

Except that's not the situation in CO at all. It's speculation in reference to other countries entirely. Of course we'd be unhappy if it were the case here.

Jhhnn

Veteran
More importantly this post is more pertinent to this thread.

Why do you feel the need to cause trouble in every post you make?
What should call one, with such a reputation????
I think I know......would that be a fair description of your actions?
Would you say a person who acts like this is a?????????
A big distraction to say the least.

When I post links they just get dismissed as the boogie man so.
I suggest, if you would like to stay informed do it yourself...lazy bones.
:biggrin:

anyway here it is
http://www.occupycorporatism.com/home/washington-state-pot-scare-rise-gmo-marijuana/

Your link offers no substantiation whatsoever. If I tell a story & you repeat it, that doesn't mean it's true. Thinking that it might be is the basis for all propaganda.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Your link offers no substantiation whatsoever. If I tell a story & you repeat it, that doesn't mean it's true. Thinking that it might be is the basis for all propaganda.

What does make it true Jhhnn.....It would seem you only believe yourself.

I give real life documents and your counter is....What you refuse to believe the facts given to you?...very strange not rational!

You act as if I am the only one saying these things ...not true!

But you and a select few seem to have a monopoly on the real truth?
(unless it it provided by you it is simply not true)

If you scan the posts many many other feel the same way about you that I do.

Your posts are not productive in the least!...and very narrow minded!

I have set up a playground for you to shout to the world Colorodotopia does exist at least in your mind.
please go play there as having you here is distracting from the real subject at hand.

Jhhnn

Veteran
What does make it true Jhhnn.....It would seem you only believe yourself.

I give real life documents and your counter is....What you refuse to believe the facts given to you?...very strange not rational!

You act as if I am the only one saying these things ...not true!

But you and a select few seem to have a monopoly on the real truth?
(unless it it provided by you it is simply not true)

If you scan the posts many many other feel the same way about you that I do.

Your posts are not productive in the least!...and very narrow minded!

I have set up a playground for you to shout to the world Colorodotopia does exist at least in your mind.
please go play there as having you here is distracting from the real subject at hand.

Shag, if posters (including yourself) stuck to the subject as you define it, the thread would be empty.

GMO cannabis has nothing to do with CO legalization. Monsanto is a minor player here through investment in a cannabis industry company. That's it. That's all there is to that. Period. You're welcome to speculate beyond that, but you need to acknowledge that it *is* speculation.

Of course you're not the only person saying these things, and neither were the people raving about Iraqi WMD's & Obama's birth certificate.

budtang

got pictures? no?

Yes. There are thousands of pictures of top shelf California OG on forums like this. There are none of Colorado OG. I've told you guys this multiple times when you bring this stupid shit up.

"Where are these pictures of OG from California that you're talking about? I don't see them."

You can claim that the weed you've bought from Colorado is as good as the Cali weed all you want. Until you actually post some pictures of Colorado OG that is on the level of California OG then you have no proof. I have thousands of examples. You have none.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

2 years for taking your weed out of its container? how do you smoke it? does it come in a bag so big that you go in there to get high? I said "after you smoke what you bought, what is to stop you from refilling the bag with your own/black market buds" ? I'm not trying to convince you of anything whatsoever. and I have never heard of anyone getting 5 years for seeds or clones even here in this rat-infested dump I'm in. you seem to want to convince me that I would be better off with a jail sentence hanging over my head so you can go merrily on your way...:biggrin:

Jhhnn

Veteran
Yes. There are thousands of pictures of top shelf California OG on forums like this. There are none of Colorado OG. I've told you guys this multiple times when you bring this stupid shit up.

"Where are these pictures of OG from California that you're talking about? I don't see them."

You can claim that the weed you've bought from Colorado is as good as the Cali weed all you want. Until you actually post some pictures of Colorado OG that is on the level of California OG then you have no proof. I have thousands of examples. You have none.

You don't have shit, certainly nothing to support your claims of being able to grow anything other than fungus between your toes.

Pictures are meaningless other than to establish credibility *as a grower*, something you lack entirely despite the trollish bluster.

That's the real issue. Anybody with half a brain knows that the only way to really evaluate weed is to smoke it.

budtang

You don't have shit, certainly nothing to support your claims of being able to grow anything other than fungus between your toes.

We're not talking about my weed. We're talking about Colorado vs. California.

We're not just comparing the weed. We're comparing the difference in systems. The quality of the weed is a reflection of the quality of the system.

Pictures are meaningless other than to establish credibility *as a grower*, something you lack entirely despite the trollish bluster.

We can't all post pictures of our expert "6 plant" setups. lulz

Jhhnn

Veteran
We're not talking about my weed. We're talking about Colorado vs. California.

We're not just comparing the weed. We're comparing the difference in systems. The quality of the weed is a reflection of the quality of the system.

We can't all post pictures of our expert "6 plant" setups. lulz

Heh. Looks like I hit a nerve. You've gone on about being a great grower of that incomparable California OG since you hit this board.

Having made those assertions in your rather arrogant way, you need to back them up to have credibility. You've made a lot of other empty assertions, as well, all whining about how CO legalization wasn't crafted just for you. And you don't even live here.

Why would anybody grant you credibility wrt any other aspect of cannabis when you do that? If you said the sky was blue, the rest of us would feel compelled to check to be sure.

Me? I'm a potzer of a grower. I'm learning. I'm just foolin' around, anyway. It's my freaking hobby, & I've never claimed otherwise. The pic is for credibility. Get some.

Latest posts

Latest posts