What's new

if you had just one choice for a flower enhancer what whould it be..why

spreadhead

i appreciate the input...how this all came about is i got a free sample of carbo-load on my last nutrient order. i noticed a difference and started reading. i never really used anything but the base nutes. the way hydrogozyme got introduced is i bought it by mistake thinking i was getting something different. i am not sure if it is really doing anything but folks swear by it and i do notice an overall healthiness to my plants i top my plants and train them to use the most of my space. my buds are pretty dense considering i am under a 150hps but i am thinking of moving out of the 3sq/ft amoire to a closet and a bigger bulb. peacetree i appreciate the gravity suggestion...hydrosoil thanks for the co2 suggestion...i looked into it sometime ago and used a co2 boost bucket but i did not notice difference. i have a dayton fan off the back that i keep running 24/7.when using the buckets i did not run the fan and i had some temp problems.i will look into a small co2 setup...it also looks like i am missing a simple flower booster and i now have some choices.
-spread

Dirtfinger

I agree with what a couple others have said - the best way to get maximum flower production is healthy vigorous plants. Whatever the simplest way to achieve that for a given set of conditions is the best you can do for your girls.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
A bigger light ...
I second that motion.

Try getting a 400w light. Not huge, easy to cool and definately the smallest wattage you want on a small grow.

p/k boosters, just be careful. Photosynthesis creates sugars, so carbs ain't bad. Too many carbs too early and problems arise.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I agree with what a couple others have said - the best way to get maximum flower production is healthy vigorous plants. Whatever the simplest way to achieve that for a given set of conditions is the best you can do for your girls.

And if that doesn't work... Find a better cut of the strain you're working. *shrug*

I just don't see the point in adding any extra garbage... especially when it can be difficult, if not impossible, to make sure they're not using PGRs or other chemicals I'd rather not have in my meds, thanks.

I tell you what... I really, REALLY dislike having to get meds from other people these days. Rare that I come across something that's really clean. *sigh*

Stay Safe! :tree:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
If you're looking for a single bloom booster then it's easy, Atami Bloombastic has both carbs and the PK booster you're looking for, and applies at the rate of about 1ml/gallon. It's expensive but it's nice to have just one thing to put in the res instead of 2-3.

As others have stated above, Koolbloom powder is the next best (no carbs just PK) and is cheap and also applies at about 1ml/gallon. A 2# bag lasts me 2-3 grows for $20.

LaOtraDroga

Monster bloom - by Grotek (0-50-30) as my bloom booster. General hydroponics 3 part, RO H2o, pro silicate, and Dutch Master's zone as my bloom feeding diet.

spreadhead

thanks again...i am really consider moving out of the cabinet and into the whole closet with a 400 watt...i became more confident once i started growing in coco coir...but here is my deal. i am a lazy ass grower...i look at it as a time bake oven...i put this incredible plant, dreamgoddess by MOD, into my flowering chamber then 8 weeks later i would have 3/4 oz dried bud per plant...the buds are not "rock" hard but man they are pretty firm...back to the lazy ass grower thing...i fertilize once every three waterings. i mix my nutes at 1/2 strength. these plant can tolerate alot more than that but i have noticed no differences with more ferts in bud formation...i get kick ass buds under the 150hps...this post was just to get some ideas what others were doing...i do not know if it is true lazyness...i have had my problems but for the most part i do well with this plant...i think o2 is out for now 400 watt may be in my future. i have never used anything but base nutes, hygrozyme, and some good bacteria...the hygrozyme and regular use of bacteria stuff last couple of grows...just looking for something to finish with

indifferent

Veteran
Monster Bloom is a rip-off, it's nothing more than mono potassium phosphate powder and you can by mono PK from aquarium stores for a twentieth the cost.

LaOtraDroga

Indifferent ..thank you for the input and honesty. I have had the same Monster bloom for 2 years and would love to replace that element of my grow for way less than the average raping us consumers endure. Bravo homie.

indifferent

Veteran
Indifferent ..thank you for the input and honesty. I have had the same Monster bloom for 2 years and would love to replace that element of my grow for way less than the average raping us consumers endure. Bravo homie.

No problem man, that Grotek stuff sure does work, but when I realised it was the exact same NPK as pure mono potassium phosphate the penny dropped.

PK13-14 is just mono PK + phosphoric acid.

If you can find a source of mono PK then grab a bag, I can buy 500g for less than 10ukp here in England. ebay is a good source.

*mistress*

Veteran

1 flower enhancer

gh fl0ralici0us bloom @ 1tsp/gal...
:2cents:
I just don't see the point in adding any extra garbage... especially when it can be difficult, if not impossible, to make sure they're not using PGRs or other chemicals I'd rather not have in my meds, thanks.
what is the issue w/ pgr's?
which pgr's are not desired in the fruit?

snaggy

Well the 1 thing I cannot live without during flowering is water.
Yep, water.

My plants do not do well without it, and the damn nute bottles are overstrength if applied at 100%.
:laughing: