What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you feel like smacking your forehead & saying WTF. Your welcome here. Come on in!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
No roots, no deal. That's the best parts. Helps my bags weigh right too.

Yo Ich I got the D Star back. Clone I gave came back to me. Should I make another so it can go back full circle?

I have it back also. But make another and flower it. Might root faster than what you got going now.

These are way to big my feet are size 7.5 extra wide.

Miraculous Meds

One of my favorite cuts. She sure knows how to fill a screen.
picture.php

Foreman000

Little help over here please

Little help over here please

I'm trying to get organized. And I'm pretty sure I've seen A magnetic ballast mounted to the ceiling. So I did. Had the lights running & came back to it and it seemed kinda warm. These have been mounted to my walls forever. Kinda never thought of it. Just going off pictures. It's hotter at the back. Cooler by the white metal. I hooked up a thermometer right were it gets hottest. What's a safe high temp in that corner for me. I got a timer going so I'm headed back to check on it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I dont know the safe temp. But I would pop the cover off look for and thing odd and clean out the dust if there is any.

Maybe mount it on the wall where you can get a natural up draft to cool it a little more. I mount mine to the ceiling but never took a temp reading. They do run hot though.

Foreman000

I dont know the safe temp. But I would pop the cover off look for and thing odd and clean out the dust if there is any.

Maybe mount it on the wall where you can get a natural up draft to cool it a little more. I mount mine to the ceiling but never took a temp reading. They do run hot though.

Thanks Ich. One is running hotter. I unplugged that one. Got some research to do.

Foreman000

Update time people. Whole lotta big things going on in my little shed here. I know most everyone is of the opinion that whatever space you have you should max it out. Put as many plants & light as possible in the space you have. Then rock it out. Make a bunch buy another space then then repeat.

I kinda had that mindset. Here's my problem. I was to busy thinking of the next phase without completing the basic things I should learn.

Now I'm trying to focus at the task at hand. Learn my basics. Pay attention to my plants & equipment. And to do that I need a comfortable place to do that. I'm a big dude. So for now to hell with the most possible. I'm sick of bumping in to shit.

So here's what I got. Does any everybody love what I did here?

Yeah I didn't think so. How bout this?

Foreman000

Stay with me here folks. Next I moved my res. Got rid of about 12' of PVC pipe. And made a new manifold. That plastic one I bought last round sucked. I set my grommets in some roofing caulk. They leaked last time I used them & I think that was the problem. They needed to be set in something for a tight seal. Just happen to of had some in the truck. My company likes me to shop with them first. They get mad if you don't. :biggrin: You should see it come out now. I had my timer to water for over a minute. I had decent runoff at about 35 seconds. So here's a couple shots.

Foreman000

And last we have the girls.

So the waits over, they're finally the size I want them. So after I mess with the light leaks in the veg cab. Mix up a fresh batch for the res. Out go the lights. Bring on 12/12. :woohoo:

Thanks for dropping in. :tiphat:

Medfinder

Chemon 91
How goes the the battle IC? Finally got motivated enough to do something worth while in the room. I was just planning to make a little cabinet. Then all of a sudden I figured I hate everything on that side of the room. So here's a couple before pics. [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58694&pictureid=1698035]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58694&pictureid=1698033]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58694&pictureid=1698034]View Image[/url]
And here's a pic after a little demo. [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58694&pictureid=1698036]View Image[/url]

This room works pretty decent for me. Flower on the right veg on the left. It was just a tent. It's worn now. Not light proof. As soon as you walk in it sticks out further than the door by 8". So we have better plans now after putting some fuzzy logic on it. Wasn't supposed to be permanent anyway. This last pic is just the pile of shit that needs to get organized. Working with what I got. No complaints. [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58694&pictureid=1698037]View Image[/url]

Thanks for looking.

Looks like an LG 10.000 btu? hmmm they are quiet! GREAT THREAD!

:tiphat:

gr866

Veteran
Stay with me here folks. Next I moved my res. Got rid of about 12' of PVC pipe. And made a new manifold. That plastic one I bought last round sucked. I set my grommets in some roofing caulk. They leaked last time I used them & I think that was the problem. They needed to be set in something for a tight seal. Just happen to of had some in the truck. My company likes me to shop with them first. They get mad if you don't. :biggrin: You should see it come out now. I had my timer to water for over a minute. I had decent runoff at about 35 seconds. So here's a couple shots.

In post 723 you are showing the manifold block with you feeds coming off of that. Are all you feed lines the same length or do you feel that matters? I am about to go to drip and was reading that to get even distribution you have to have the feed lines the same length.
Your grow is look nice, keep up the good work.

GR

Last edited:

Foreman000

Moving along smoothly, was not sure if that was a union or a antisiphon valve that was attached to the PVC right above the rez?

Pretty sure it's a union, put a vacuum breaker(antisiphon valve) instead so the leftover water in the pipes will empty back into the rez.

I think that piece your talking about is a union. But it unscrews right there. So say I wanted to clean my res or pump. Not that I do, just saying, unscrew it. Then all the other mess of PVC going elsewhere stays put. Meanwhile I can remove my pump or res if needed. I also have one by the manifold also. Case this one doesn't work out, unscrew & throw anthother one in.

And no it's not my idea. I seen it here in the mag first. Never seen one before. I wish I could remember whose thread I seen it in. Anyway thanks to whoever I stole this idea from. :tiphat:

Also my big money anti siphon valve is a small hole I drilled before the top of the first 90 from my pump. Seen that from here too.

Waxy I'll be seeing you soon:biggrin:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
thise unions, if i had to guess , snype liked using those things everywhere
i miss that damn fool of a mark

i recently reorganized my lil 4x6 as well
heres my initial vert run
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

and current
picture.php
picture.php

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
picture.php

as you can see , my cool tube running 2 600ws is cool enough to touch

after doing some math these girls hangout about 8 inches from the bulb surface , these and that comes out about 130k lumens , now consider the glass knock down about 20% these girls are getting about 104,000 lumens in this donut, which looking at the intial setups i had against the wall , is about a zillion lumens more light per sqft