What's new

IF WE COULD LEGALLY GROW IN THE UK AND NORTHERN IRELAND?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
lol. a "Cop Flap".
Mine is one of the cheaper doors around here. Really nothing too fancy. Just more than I'm happy to replace.

On another note, I don't care it's their job. "I was only following orders", "I don't make the rules I just follow them" has never been an acceptable reason to behave in unacceptable ways.

DemonPigeon

Veteran
lol. a "Cop Flap".
Mine is one of the cheaper doors around here. Really nothing too fancy. Just more than I'm happy to replace.

On another note, I don't care it's their job. "I was only following orders", "I don't make the rules I just follow them" has never been an acceptable reason to behave in unacceptable ways.

Yeah it does have a bit of a Nuremberg ring to it I suppose :-(

Maybe we can convince them not to enforce that particular law and instead spend their time on more constructive things like... getting high in their pandas?

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
If we could grow legally in uk & Ireland they need to change some laws coz the rippers will be in heaven & I want to legally protect my plants .

irish laws were changed in 2011, dont know if theyve been tested yet but on paper way more reasonable (no jail if you shoot an intruder). what are english laws like eg if you shoot a burglar in your home are you going to jail?

if your raided for growing atm and your a legal gun owner do you lose them/license for good?

on a happier note, their will be a vote in ireland next month on cannabis legalization, doesn't have a chance but maybe some thing will come of it.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
government, being introduced by an independent and hasn't been punished yet.

F

Fields~of~Green

nice article sifted but 1.25 billion woulnt even get them raising an eyebrow not when they rake in 12+ billion a year on fags

10.25 would get em twitching though

I can see how it would generate alot of jobs though and a could generate extra tourism with cannabis cups etc

SupaFunk

Veteran
I wonder if the uk border agency can tell the difference between bedrocan buds and haze? ;)
Peace

I was just having that exact thought. Repackage the meds with a stronger version. :biggrin:

Also, everyone getting quite hung up on plant numbers. Lest we forget, big enough pots and long enough veg and 1 plant can yield as much as 9.

MJBadger

Veteran
irish laws were changed in 2011, dont know if theyve been tested yet but on paper way more reasonable (no jail if you shoot an intruder). what are english laws like eg if you shoot a burglar in your home are you going to jail?

if your raided for growing atm and your a legal gun owner do you lose them/license for good?

The law was supposed to have been relaxed coz before the poor hurt burglar had more rights , the idea was to give homeowners more power to protect their home & family particularly if the burglars etc were armed or you thought that they were a danger to life .
I don`t think anything has been done as what most is talked about by government is never actually done .
You would need a dam good reason to shoot at any intruder . A member on another thread was given good advice by a cop (US) Shoot the bastard then slip a clean knife into his hands so it had his prints .
My dog would have killed or torn anyone stupid enough to come into my property but even the laws on that are being changed so any attack on private property will lead to prosecution . A few year ago I shot a couple of Pikeys in the arse with 12g rock salt cartridges & they never came back so I suppose sometimes the rough stuff works .

DemonPigeon

Veteran

DemonPigeon

Veteran
I think they just wanted something flashy for the press releases.

It's really terrible they could get people done for trafficking, they're also now guilty of inciting people to breach customs :p

So if they do send any med patients to jail for this then these guys are going with them lol

Apparently even the Schengen agreement only protects you if you live in the country that prescribed it, so Jimmy Star isn't a legal case either!

Infact whether the agreement applies in the UK at all is a bit sketchy, apparently we didn't sign up to all the clauses!

nice article sifted but 1.25 billion woulnt even get them raising an eyebrow not when they rake in 12+ billion a year on fags

10.25 would get em twitching though

I can see how it would generate alot of jobs though and a could generate extra tourism with cannabis cups etc

I also looked up this article and that 1.25bn was just the savings on "criminal justice".
I found a >6 billion revenue estimate listed elsewhere for the expected taxes so really in total it'd be over 7+ Billion

Aardwolf

If we could then I would have to get a facility like Thanet Earth, There would be weed everything, the police wouldn't have enough people to take down my grows, I would pile up tonnes and tonnes, the infrastructure of the available grow able land would change, there would be a increase in the price of all food. Weed would be much more viable over corn and other cereals, comparable with wheat.

There would be little point growing a few plants as personal, or being a crop jacker, you would be squeezed out!

Imagine 10 blokes in your house, one brandishing a fire arm, another a chainsaw. And the other 8 clearing you out. Think this will stop that? I doubt it.

B

buddymate

buddymate
No restrictions whatsoever,its a plant,nature places no limits on plants.
willyweed
nowhere in the civilised world has no restrictions,not even cali.so you are asking for something that does not exist .please try to stick to what i have asked ! anything else is unrealistic !
In my world its VERY realistic to have no restriction on plant numbers,and is a country REALLY civilised for locking up its citizens for growing a plant??? :ying:

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
bad news guys

ireland has voted against legalization. i think you could all guess the reasons given :bigeye:

W

willyweed

well they had a chance to take a real step forward,and blew it !
just the fact that they even got to a vote speaks volumes.were there any numbers or percentages given to show how much they lost it by ?