What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Idiot Terrorist Strike in NY

M

moose eater

Thank you for accurizing the title of the thread. That move alone goes at least a bit further to creating some semblance of common ground and removing inaccurate hype.

Re. some recent comments, one of the most troubling, bothersome, and potentially dangerous aspects of humanity's history and behavior rests in our ability to negate facts that might find us more culpable than we're comfortable with, often choosing to see only what we wish to and typically for the purposes of rationalizing our own sins and bullshit.

Change that, and maybe the planet (and our species) can survive a bit longer than it might. Or don't. We all turn to compost eventually anyway. Right? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

iTarzan

Already used it on you Elmer. Which gives me a bonus score. I grew bored cyber knuckling you on the mma thread. Please improve your game or move along to the beginner threads.

LOL! You tried to steal my move.

FAIL!

iTarzan

I better write nothing, it´s not worth it.

It would be worth it if the talk is civil and factual. I don't care if the facts make the USA look bad. The truth would be the truth. I mind posters who think they or their country are on a higher moral ground. I mind that some posters describe USA people with derogatory, inflammatory, rude and insulting words.

I know the USA has been in many wars. I know we have killed an ungodly amount of people. If we didn't kill people during WWI and WWI what would the world look like now? Would it be better or worse?

I would like to hear why a poster doesn't agree with somebody without all the insults.

iTarzan

Hey Gypsy if a poster is an USA american citizen and another poster responds with "you fat, dimwitted, racist, hillbilly americans are blah, blah, blah" Isn't that the same as attacking them by name?

You were a fighter and now you are the referee on ICMag. I think you are letting the anti USA crowd take off their gloves and I have to use 12 ounce gloves. I also think they should be able to control themselves without you telling them.

Let's just talk without all the insults.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah well people do get nationalistic and jingoistic about their particular nations, and like to defend them when attacked, that's a given, and we are but individuals who don't make national decisions, so what real affect do we have on our own countries policies?....None more than a single vote, if that. So its difficult to hold any individual responsible for going to war and building up the largest military forces of all time to do it with. This is why I don't get personal attacks at individuals who don't have much if any say over what their nations might do, even though they might support that action on a forum site such as this.

Getting personal over someones views is not needed here, and just sully's the debate. So lets talk about the topic at hand, rather than the individual who takes one side or the other in the debate.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Gypsy if a poster is an USA american citizen and another poster responds with "you fat, dimwitted, racist, hillbilly americans are blah, blah, blah" Isn't that the same as attacking them by name?

You were a fighter and now you are the referee on ICMag. I think you are letting the anti USA crowd take off their gloves and I have to use 12 ounce gloves. I also think they should be able to control themselves without you telling them.

Let's just talk without all the insults.

Dude. This fat tired old American fuck is enjoying a dbl rich hot cocoa, and dang!!! I'm even toppin' it off w/a bunch of extra marshmallows, chill out a bit so I can sit back and enjoy the show.......

:tiphat:

W

Water-

I know the USA has been in many wars. I know we have killed an ungodly amount of people. If we didn't kill people during WWI and WWI what would the world look like now? Would it be better or worse?

Good question that I've been thinking about lately.
My grandfather died in ww2 fighting with the British .

They wanted to split Eurasia between Germany and Japan.

Is that worse than the Soviet Union and China?

Not saying it is. but it's a very complex issue and I don't have any answers

ate four cookies and about 15 bongs so mind is on overdrive.
Aloha

M

moose eater

Yeah well people do get nationalistic and jingoistic about their particular nations, and like to defend them when attacked, that's a given, and we are but individuals who don't make national decisions, so what real affect do we have on our own countries policies?....None more than a single vote, if that. So its difficult to hold any individual responsible for going to war and building up the largest military forces of all time to do it with. This is why I don't get personal attacks at individuals who don't have much if any say over what their nations might do, even though they might support that action on a forum site such as this.

Getting personal over someones views is not needed here, and just sully's the debate. So lets talk about the topic at hand, rather than the individual who takes one side or the other in the debate.

I suspect that if we forfeited a bit of our comfort, turned off the computer or the televisions, stopped regurgitating what really -is- often government-spawned propaganda in place of objective facts and history, and picked up sources of information not written or approved by an administration sycophant, etc., then determined to improve the world, government, etc., even at the risk of arrest, incarceration or death, we could change a shitload.

It would help expedite that and bring something positive from it if we first examined out own nationalist and ego-based bullshit.

I am not a nationalist by any stretch. It occurred to me long ago that to take some sort of unearned pride or sense of accomplishment from the fact that my mother or ancestors happened to be standing on some specific piece of real estate or another when her water broke, then I'm willing to take credit (and benefits) for shit I had absolutely nothing to do with. That'd make me...... pretty empty as a person.

And my Irish ancestors have been in the USA since the 1700s, the initial patriarch immigrant carrying George Washington's flag into battle, according to my Aunt..

Nationalism befuddles me... at best...

Patriotism is a whole 'nother matter. and as parents who love their children discipline them, so too does a citizenry discipline their country when it errs.

If every time our kids fucked up, we said, "My kid, right or wrong," we'd look a whole lot like the Hatfields and McCoys, and the world would be far more fucked up for it...

We're getting there.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Americans are the most obese people on the planet.

Vta is a known twit.

Apologies if I hurt any feelings with my other ramblings, but perhaps we are a wee bit on edge given ya'll collectively gave the keys to the largest nuclear arsenal to a petty egotistical child.

Double rich cocao.

We have a milkery up here by the name of Avalon. The chocolate milk is ridiculous. Like a blanket on your tongues soul.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

Vta is a known twit.

Apologies if I hurt any feelings with my other ramblings, but perhaps we are a wee bit on edge given ya'll collectively gave the keys to the largest nuclear arsenal to a petty egotistical child.

Double rich cocao.

We have a milkery up here by the name of Avalon. The chocolate milk is ridiculous. Like a blanket on your tongues soul.

See, you cannot help but make personal attacks at other members, and also a nation......How about loosing that juvenile angle when debating a topic?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
1. At Canadians claiming moral superiority over the USA while ignoring the atrocities their government and citizens did to their very own aboriginal people all the while sitting cozy looking out their windows watching the smoke rise from Canada's asbestos and anthrax factories.

2. At germans getting involved in the USA bashing all the while looking through Christmas catalogs looking for gifts for their Nazi grandparents.

3. At anyone complaining that the USA had to kill anybody while they protected S. Vietnam, S. Korea, Iraq and the world. Beating up bullies can get messy.

1. We totally screwed the indigenous people of our land and developed much worse weapons than anthrax. Don't even get me started on pollution.

2. Germans are rarely funny and even haters like you need a gift once in a while. Don't forget how much help Americans gave the Nazis.

3. Protected or coerced? Is the USA not by definition a bully?

I don't think any of the points you listed are that funny.

iTarzan

1. We totally screwed the indigenous people of our land and developed much worse weapons than anthrax. Don't even get me started on pollution.

I didn't claim moral superiority. I was pointing out reasons Canada shouldn't either.

2. Germans are rarely funny and even haters like you need a gift once in a while. Don't forget how much help Americans gave the Nazis.

The USA was instrumental in stopping them. Quit pretending we helped them. We stopped them. Even if we thought they were good in the beginning when we figured them out we stopped them.

I am a hater because I stood up to some hypocrites? You seem to hate your own country. Perhaps it's time for you to move.

3. Protected or coerced? Is the USA not by definition a bully?

I think we have done both but way more protecting.

I don't think any of the points you listed are that funny.

Stop twisting facts. The actual events are not funny. The fact someone who comes from a country that did those things is claiming moral superiority is what is funny. You need to follow along better. You would be better at discussions if you stopped calling people names like hater, especially with no proof, your statements might carry more weight.

You evidently live in the USA. Do you think USA citizens are generally good or bad people? I think they are good, helpful and friendly people. Just like most of the people around the world.

iTarzan

Mikell fat people like to eat good food. My god what horrible people they must be... NOT!

Fat shaming is dumb and rude. Someone being fat is their business. Just because they are fat doesn't mean whatever they say or do is wrong. Quit wielding the fat hammer like it improves your position in a debate. It makes you look weak and keeps people from wanting to hear what you have to say about the topic.

CaptainDankness

Vta is a known twit.

Double rich cocao.

Meanwhile the only thing Canada is known for is Maple syrup and horrible beer. Y'all come to America because everything is better in America especially our pizza. There is a reason majority of Canadians live near the US border, you can't live without us... :tiphat:

CaptainDankness

Yeah, nationalism is a bit petty all European countries did fucked up shit in the past even the founding of the Americas. But we are mostly on the same team throughout WW1, WW2, the Cold War along with all the proxy wars up until the War On Drugs and the War On Terror. Willing or unwilling we have no say our governments work together we even created Israel together.

We might as well be the same nation anyone picks a fight with a NATO nation they pick a fight with all of NATO. Certainly ain't just Americans profiting from these wars. It's a big plan and we don't get a say we have elites calling the shots in every NATO nation.

S

sourpuss

Lol gotta hate what your told to hate... why not just group em all up and hate em all lol. Funny when your own gov started this whole hate conspiracy. Lets look at the catylst. 3 building fall when 2 buildings r hit by planes... explain pls or keep hating. Who should be hated on??? I think most r directing anger towards the wrong people. Wasnt bin laden trained by americans or something like that? Would it be such a stretch to believe they worked together and still do? Honestly dont know if he was captured. Im assuming not cause they work together. If he hasnt been captured i bet the americans r hiding him lol.

Ok bring on the hate... just sayin what i believe..

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fine I'll play nice. People are so sensitive.

Meanwhile the only thing Canada is known for is Maple syrup and horrible beer. Y'all come to America because everything is better in America especially our pizza. There is a reason majority of Canadians live near the US border, you can't live without us... :tiphat:

Pfft we have pizza with broccoli and peas.

Joking aside. You really think your 3% beer is better?

During tourist season you can always spot Americans by their favourite activity.

Stumbling and puking.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I don't think that its just about sensitivity, its about decorum and trying to organize an interchange of information that has worth, and is easily readable and so understood...

When the dialogue breaks down to just throwing insults' it may only have worth as dark humor (to snigger at) , any educational value goes out the window when members start f-'ing and blinding at each other.
Fine I'll play nice. People are so sensitive.

Pfft we have pizza with broccoli and peas.

Joking aside. You really think your 3% beer is better?

During tourist season you can always spot Americans by their favourite activity.

Stumbling and puking.