What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Idiot Terrorist Strike in NY

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep. Once spent part of a night in mortal combat with a wily foe.

Turns out it was a ditch.

Beer farts are like burping after a good meal. Soothes the mind and body.

Glenmorangie, Macallan, Glenfiddich, Cragganmore, etc. Depends on your taste.

Very much interested to try Japanese scotch.

Best bet is to find a decent pub with variety and a talkative bartender.

There is a place in Vancouver I can only find when I am drunk. 50 types and only 2 bucks more for a double, even on a 25 dollar glass.

Don't get caught up in all the hoopla. You can read encyclopedia size books on the subject or just enjoy the damn thing for what it is. It's good to have both type of people saddled up to the bar.

Besides, any decent bartender can give you a working knowledge.

I'm not going to disagree with you, but to think that many people with this suicidal/martyr-like mind-set are possibly walking amongst us can be disconcerting to say the least, been a while since the last Buddhist self immolated, or when the last Christian went by the Port Authority in New York with a badly constructed suicide bomb/vest and lit the blue touch-paper....

In the overall scheme of things small or large acts of terrorism probably won't hurt you. Statistically speaking you are more likely to be run over by a horse. But terrorism is something to be aware of because it could become more a clear and present danger overnight, or within a millisecond as a bomb goes off and suddenly invade your 'safe-space' as it has of its many victims.....

Here in America the Christian terrorists preferred targets are abortion clinics

To add a little Glenlevity to our Scotch and terrorism discussion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgDMGp9Fcqg

What about the lone gunman strain of terrorism that is becoming all too common? Those guys generally don't have an exit plan, and often off themselves before they can be caught. That or they get riddled with bullets by a swat team, so not hugely different than a suicide bomber. Do these guys all just need a hug, or simply to get laid? Is it time for operation pussy drop? Although volunteers may be few and far between. Probably a more rubenesque people of walmart type of lady, which would change the code name to operation dumbo drop.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's very insulting to a movie that was the Casablanca of our time.

S

sourpuss

Our titties can walk around topless anytime they please... also we may be one of the few countries to pretend to legalize for profit lol... go canada...

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
in vegas i frequented a beer bar called Der Barons
they had hundreds of beers
joined the 'around the world' beer club there
i only got through about 20 before they went insolvent
had the best brats i've ever tasted with sauerkraut and hot potato salad and Thomy mustard

that was well before idiots began terrorizing american citizens at home

i cannot blame them for hating americans after what 'our' gooberment has done in 'our' names, hell even 'i' hate the gooberments, i think the media everywhere controls the thoughts and beliefs of the constituent citizens according to the parameters set by the oligarchy currently in power

terror only being a tool to destroy hegemony and sovereignty, offering some semblance of equality to the tools' fools

american dream bulltucky backfiring , but that's just me

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
if Canada was so titty[ there weed would be better than their hockey

when is the last time the american's let you have Stanley cup?

tl:dr Canadian weed = Canadian hockey

G `day Weird

The 2010 U.S. Census reported a total population of 308.7 million,
Canada's population was 34.1 million in 2010,

10 times the population to pick a team from ?
USA should never lose ...

Never learnt ; there , their and they `re ? Canadians have better grammar .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Its the level of indoctrination/brainwashing that bothers me. Just imagine if you or I were brain-washed enough by some religious/political ideology to attempt an atrocity, to commit suicide for an invisible god while trying to take out many other people with you.....Yeah its bat-shit crazy alright.
Its probably all out there on the internet somewhere...
'Medieval grooming lessons on how to explode yourself on a budget'.....etc.

G `day Gypsy

Imagine being brain washed to believe that your nation is supporting democracy .
But in reality are imperialist invaders and supporters of Despots who kill their own populations . Do some study re Taiwan , Chile or El Salvador .

Is that that any more incredible ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

M

moose eater

I'm curious as to people's thoughts as to what they think would make a human being actually resort to terrorism and blow themselves up for a presumed greater good (or fail horribly, the poor guy won't even get a Darwin award for his troubles). And our little Canadian/American pissing contest might give us some insight. I'm Canadian, and for all of our talk of a cultural identity of multiculturalism and anti-bullying, anti-bigorty etc. there is one massive exception. America and Americans. It is accepted and encouraged to make fun of Americans. Every hack comic bombing on stage knows they can riff on Americans and know they will get a response. In some parts of the world, children are indoctrinated with beliefs that teach them to see the West as a similar type of target. The obvious difference is that Canadians don't strap a bomb to themselves. Instead, we get in out cars and head to America to buy cheap milk in bulk. So what is the difference?

I think poverty, education and massive social disconnect are probably hallmarks for the majority of these terrorists. If I have a reliable income and family and friends that I care about and that care about me I'm going to think twice about killing myself for the promise of heaven. If I'm a broke ass, uneducated former farmer displaced from my land and without meaningful social connection the prospect of virgins in heaven becomes more appealing. You have to be pretty miserable to think the best thing you can do with your life is end it, taking innocent people with you. Or maybe some of them are just angry that we took a bunch of WLD genetics and cashed in on them without giving anything back in return other than war and instability:moon: So what do you guys think actually creates a person willing to blow themselves up for a cause?

Absolutely.

In my opinion there are two primary groups that come to bear, whether discussing Skinheads or Jihadists; the true believers who are lost right out of the gate, and the ones described in your second paragraph, whose vulnerabilities match the hitch-hiker's I picked up on his return from the cross-burning. Folks looking for easy answers to complex but often devastating hardships.

I asked the fellow during the ride what Butler's crew had preached at the gathering. It covered many things, but a primary point was that, and I quote, "The Jews are getting the Blacks to sell dope to the Whites to destroy the culture."

He had White-man's late-70's afro-like doo, tank top, sneakers, and jeans, so I took an educated guess and asked bluntly.. "You get high?"

Yep....

Ever buy dope from a White man??

Yep.

How do you s'pose they got that guy to participate in this conspiracy toward his own end?..

(Momentary silence).....

The believers believe what they believe until life kicks their ass sufficiently to cause the asking of some serious questions of themselves at a moment of potential epiphany. The other conscripts simply lack any real thought capacity/critical analysis of their conclusions, but are often stuck in some place in life, and looking for an answer that helps to relieve the immediate angst... The recruiters, whether Butler's camp, or any other, offer up convenient targets for their angst to be turned into hatred..

And our bright and shiny skin heads pick targets other than abortion clinics; churches, radio talk show hosts who preach a message they dislike, etc., etc. are all potentially on the 'Mud People to be Permanently Expelled' list.

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't watch hockey myself (bit of a unicorn here) but it occurs to me the pay imbalance draws talent south. Not to leave unmentioned Northern and Eastern Europe.

M

moose eater

What is a good Scotch? I've tried Johnny Walker and Jameson Irish whiskey but still don't beat Wild Turkey 101 even tried Knob Creek and Makers Mark but they taste just like Wild Turkey not much of a difference at all except the price.

But we do have St. Ides 8.2% in 40 OZ bottles much smoother than dark beer. :tiphat:

Relatively inexpensive but awesome characteristics; Spey Cast Single Malt (*It was either a 10 or 12 yr., I can't remember).

Only available here for a short while, and can't find it now, but what I got for my wife I paid about $35 or $40/btl for. Likely a short-term promotional thing.

Last edited:
M

moose eater

G `day Gypsy

Imagine being brain washed to believe that your nation is supporting democracy .
But in reality are imperialist invaders .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Yep, our military has been pimped for personal benefits by the Oligarchs on a number of Continents. A primary reason my boys will never join, if I have my say.

That, and Uncle Sam's attitude toward the post-battle disposability of troops.

Treat my sons' lives like a used paper cup, and the Jihadists would be the -last- folks they'd need to worry about.

Last edited:

iTarzan

I agree moose eater. Those groups are so brainwashed or desensitized they can't think straight.

I think it should be illegal in the USA to even be a member of a racist group. You shouldn't even be able to have a right to display or speak of it. The hell with freedom of speech. I know freedom of speech is a slippery slope but some things just don't need any ethical or legal debates to ban. It boggles my mind that people are allowed to do this crap.

The original poster said he thought we should kill all the radical islamic terrorists and I have to admit I agree. Yes I am older and white. But in my defense I want to kill all the skinheads and white supremacists too.

When I was in school the class had to write a paper about if we had a time machine what would we do. There were some good papers and everybody got to read their paper except me. I wrote that I wanted to go back in time and kill slave owners and free slaves.

My mom called them and ask why and they said "your son wants to kill people". They said I had issues. LOL! She told them it was for a good cause and if I didn't get to read my paper the next day she was going to raise hell and show them some of the issues she had. I got to read my paper the next day.

M

moose eater

I agree moose eater. Those groups are so brainwashed or desensitized they can't think straight.

I think it should be illegal in the USA to even be a member of a racist group. You shouldn't even be able to have a right to display or speak of it. The hell with freedom of speech. I know freedom of speech is a slippery slope but some things just don't need any ethical or legal debates to ban. It boggles my mind that people are allowed to do this crap.

The original poster said he thought we should kill all the radical islamic terrorists and I have to admit I agree. Yes I am older and white. But in my defense I want to kill all the skinheads and white supremacists too.

When I was in school the class had to write a paper about if we had a time machine what would we do. There were some good papers and everybody got to read their paper except me. I wrote that I wanted to go back in time and kill slave owners and free slaves.

My mom called them and ask why and they said "your son wants to kill people". They said I had issues. LOL! She told them it was for a good cause and if I didn't get to read my paper the next day she was going to raise hell and show them some of the issues she had. I got to read my paper the next day.

Mustard's post has a message in it that needs attention.

I think you'll find that some/many countries that have criminalized hate speech/groups have found that those groups then head underground, are harder to track, and sometimes grow by virtue of the efforts at suppression. Similar to the drug war in that respect.

I had a lengthy reply written for you that covered a lot of history; mine, the world, specific regions, the Bekaa Valley, UN & US interventions, understanding dynamics, whether they be international relationships, the communicable nature of violence and rage.

I still struggle with my own rage. A part of me some times still wants 'instant karma' for a lengthy list of people. I also admire Gandhi and MLK, though chose at times in the past to not walk their walk. They were bigger people than I am..

I have many personal experiences with violence. Seeing some forms of injustice, in the wrong moment, & I can still want to harm another.

I saw blood on my own home's walls when I was still little.

I've wanted to off folks who lied on the stand to facilitate convictions or asset forfeiture.

2 of my 4 family-of-origin members who all died by their own hands were at times violent people who came to grips with what they'd done with their lives, & chose to end it, rather than working through their pasts.

I watched awe-struck, tears pouring, as the folks on the tower roof-tops jumped to their deaths, choosing impact over fire, knowing the desperation required to make such choices. The cell phone calls that went out as they said good-bye to loved ones..

I was immediately angry at the bigger picture that day.

The checkers players who treat the world as their oyster, build military bases in foreign lands, sometimes to facilitate the reaping of resources at bottom dollar by propping up despots who abuse their own people, so the Oligarchy can make an easier buck, and on and on.

I was enraged that morning by those checkers players, whose tab was paid in-part by folks who'd walked to work thinking it was just another day.

Rage and violence is a path wherein you can easily become the beast you loathe. You take on the hate and the anger, inflated sense of self-righteousness, and, in many ways, you forfeit the good that brought you there. You stand to become the people or issues you hated.

Then some of the people you want to love & believe in you, can't be so close to you. They back away, not knowing how to relate, or what to say. The intensity, if nothing else, frightens them.

We've a whole history of that; as individuals, our military, and as a nation.

I understand your rage and sense of indignation. I've carried rage at things that should not have been, but were.

But in our rage, we often simply achieve perpetuation of the hate & grief, like some sort of virus.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have no doubt that within this monarchistic autocracy masquerading as the oldest democracy on earth there are imperialistic forces who don't give two hoots whether you or I die,
and that they are in union with and support dictatorial despots who have a similar disregard for their own people...

When personal greed and gaining power are the primary motives for success, humanity is often given the shaft.
G `day Gypsy

But in reality are imperialist invaders and supporters of Despots who kill their own populations . Do some study re Taiwan , Chile or El Salvador .

Thanks for sharin

EB .