What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA

Shafto

Sweet thread, glad to see more DIY action going on here... was surprised to see my little glass diffuser tutorial on here from so long ago... thanks for putting that up.. I think I still have a couple PMs about it from a year ago that I haven't been able to read yet cause I don't have 50 posts.. hah. even though I've been here since 2006? maybe that spam prevention should have a time limit... now I'm stoned rambling.. good job on this.

Last edited:

Shafto

pontiac said:
New section added! Its called "Paraphernalia Related". Please post some links containing homemade tutorials for making smoking tools (bongs, pipes, vaporizers, rolling techniques etc). Thanks.

What ever happened to this? I'd love to see a smoking toys section.. I really miss that from OG.. how can you have all these people on here and nobody wants to talk about what they use to smoke? that's one of the best parts!

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Keep the links coming people! :yes: Please note that I'm not allowed to add external links (meaning links not hosted by icmag.com) to the main list.

G

super job guys

super job guys

I live this thread and ty for all the hard work.

jcj77d

DIY HUMIDIFER/CHILLER FOR SMALL GROWS

DIY HUMIDIFER/CHILLER FOR SMALL GROWS​
This is a DIY Humidifer/Chiller for Closet or Tent Grows that can be made for under $50, & all parts can be bought locally most stores like walmart, radio shack, & pet stores or online.
I use this in my 360 cubic feet closet w/ around 400w+ of light. It can lower my temps from 80's to mid to high 60's, & raise my RH from 30% to 90% +/- a few %. The temps are maintained around 75-78, & my RH is maintained around 50-60%. I can regulate the temp & RH by controlling the fans speed, which is controlled by a Coby 12v dc regulated power supply (Output:1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9, 12V DC)
Parts List:
Ultrasonic Fogger - $25
Fogger Float - $6
60mm Axial Fan (52cfm) - $2
12 quart Rubbermaid Container - $4
12v DC power supply - $4-5
100_1804.JPG

Ultrasonic Fogger.

100_1809.JPG

Fogger Float.

100_1808.JPG

12 Quart Rubbermaid Container.
100_1807.JPG

Rubbermaid Lid (underside view w/ 60mm Fan).
I just cut a hole to match fan size & screwed fan to lid (intake), & then cut out a hole on oppisite side for exaust. I used a party cup for a spout, but pvc or other material can be used.

100_1806.JPG

Top View of Lid w/ fan & exaust port, You want the exaust port to be a little bigger than intake port.

100_1810.JPG

Fogger inside the Fogger Float (holds fogger at the right water level for most fog).

100_1811.JPG

Shot of Fogger on, fogging in the water.

100_1812.JPG

Shot with the lid on but fan off.

100_1813.JPG

Shot of the fog shooting out of the exaust port with fan running full speed.

100_1815.JPG

Full Shot of my DIY Humidifer/Chiller fully together & running.
Last picture is the Coby 12v DC Supply
http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...row-marijuana-your-s-answered-here-ca-709.jpg

HERES THE LINK - http://forum.grasscity.com/general-...umidifer-chiller-small-grows.html#post2365890

acidblue

WOW!
Nice DIY Hummidifier/chiller.
How effective is it as a chiller?
My Hydrohut gets up to 90 for a few hours during veg.
Was considering buying a window AC unit next week.
But this might be a cheaper alternative, if it could lower
my temps by about 10 degrees.

jcj77d said:
Parts List:
Ultrasonic Fogger - $25
Fogger Float - $6

Where did you find the fogger and the float? If at Lowes or Home Depot what department would I look in? Looks like it works great, I wonder if you could make a cloner out of it also, the fog should put out enough humidity to root the clones. Instead of having a outport for the fog just make several holes and stick the clones through the lid. What do you think? I made an aero cloner but have trouble with too much spray and sometimes the sprayers clog up. I think you would be trouble free this way.

Later
Nickel​

jcj77d

Nickel Bag said:
jcj77d said:
Parts List:
Ultrasonic Fogger - $25
Fogger Float - $6

Where did you find the fogger and the float? If at Lowes or Home Depot what department would I look in? Looks like it works great, I wonder if you could make a cloner out of it also, the fog should put out enough humidity to root the clones. Instead of having a outport for the fog just make several holes and stick the clones through the lid. What do you think? I made an aero cloner but have trouble with too much spray and sometimes the sprayers clog up. I think you would be trouble free this way.

Later
Nickel​

i got my stuff online, but most pet stores carry the fogger, but the float i had to get online @ http://www.mainlandmart.com/foggers.html , & yes this idea would work for a cloner as well, like u decribed, or like i do, i just take a 2nd box of your size, light proof it, cut out holes in lid for clones, & a intake hole & connect the exaust port from the 1st box to the intake of the 2nd w/ pvc or something.​

jcj77d

acidblue said:
WOW!
Nice DIY Hummidifier/chiller.
How effective is it as a chiller?
My Hydrohut gets up to 90 for a few hours during veg.
Was considering buying a window AC unit next week.
But this might be a cheaper alternative, if it could lower
my temps by about 10 degrees.
it puts out pretty cold fog/air, & like i said it lowered my closet temp from about 80 to 67-69 on full speed & im sure it would get cooler if u used a dual head or more (up to 5 heads) fogger vs my single head fogger, but this was w/ 400w of t5ho flouro, i havent put it in my hydro hut yet to see how low it can lower the temps w/ an 400w hps, b/c its temps are around 75-78, & is vented unlike my closet which isnt. but i will be doing a test on that to see. ill try to get back in a few days w/ results.

Last edited:

jcj77d

Quick Hydro Hut Test Results

Quick Hydro Hut Test Results

Heres a shot of the diy humidifer/chiller in my hydro hut, w/ it off & on. this was a test run to see the dif between it off & on.
100_1818.JPG

i let the 400w hps hut on for 20mins w/ the diy off humidifer/chiller off, to get it to the running temps & RH, which where 79.1 % 43% as u can see in pic.

100_1821.JPG

heres the shot w/ the diy humidifer/chiller on (only for 10mins) & the temp dropped from 79.1 to 77.9, & the RH rised from 43% to 52% in 10mins, & would prob change more if left on longer, b/c it was still dropping as i was shutting it all down, but i had to leave.

well i did a final test run on my diy humidifer/chiller. i let the 400w hut run for about an hr & 20mins, & i got the temp to drop from 79.1 to 74.3, & the RH to rise from 43% to 59%. i also did a quick test run this morning w/ frozen water bottles inside the res of my diy, & the temp dropped another 4 degrees to 70.2, but no pic.
100_1848.JPG

Last edited: