What's new

icmag cup 2010

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Im planing to go in 2010,will be my 1st visit too..im already excited,will be traveling alone so hope i can make some friends..

Milonix420

i wanna try to go this year for the frist time.. but i need to figure out much the whole trip will cost for me and my wife to go and such any ideas ?

C

Chamba

How many different samples could any one person per day accurately & fairly compare and rate?

in my case, I'd say 3, maybe 4...anymore and it' would be just a blur....but sure, the creme does rise to the top and excellence will always impress, but I wonder how many fine long flowering sativas with a roller coaster high get lost in the sea of 50-50 hybrids?//

The problem I see with trying to test 6 or 7 or more samples in a day is that it favors strains that offer an immediate hard hit, good bag appeal and nice taste/smells...but the best quality highs I've ever smoked have been creepers that last for hours and give a wonder filled ride, and bag appeal and taste were usually not that great....not some strain that hits hard and leaves me stupid, tired, brain dead and sleepy..and stop breathing lol.

sure, there are Indica and Sativa sections, but after reading some the strains used in the crosses I wonder just how "sativa" some of the winners were?..or were they a indica/sativa hygrid that was picked a few days earlier than ideal?

To remedy this, maybe there could be a greater number of judges given fewer samples?

To help make the distinction between sativa and indica samples better, perhaps the 420 Cup people could classify the entrants into the right category?

or have 3 sections, indica, sativa and indica/sativa hybrids?

G

Greyskull

Good to see some Early interest in the Cup,Can't wait already! But can I just say:
MORE ENTRIES IN 2010 PLEASE PEOPLE!! ITS ONLY AN Oz!! lol
Lets not make it easy for the Big Boy's of the Canna World...

i thought it was 2zs to enter?

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
as far as I know you can enter anything at all into the growers category ... if you made it yourself maybe that would be entered into the breeders category.. but I'm not sure mate, maybe thats only for folks with seed companies :)

JamieShoes

Veteran
I really hope I get my entry together for this... also I really hope theres no issue entering it as its chocolope (from clone) but I hope it'll be ok :)

I'll know in about 2 weeks either way :)

edit - it shouldnt be a problem though, I'm such a begginer, I'll be lucky not to get laffed at :D :D

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chamba, I am with you. I was just thinking about this issue the other day.
IMO, the best assessment is going to be done over a period of time. There is absolutely no way for a person to be able to enjoy and fully critique so many smokes in such a rushed period. I think some other cups have started to adopt a multi-period event.

That being said...I have not attended, but I think there is more to be had from the event than a winners podium. The camaraderie of like minds and hearts would be more valuable for me. Heck, I already smoke the absolute very best weed in the world! :)

JamieShoes

Veteran
maybe juding could be extended to a week instead of 3 days?... but i guess that makes it more expensive for people wanting to visit for the whole gig...

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
hopeing to have something ready for this year,,but its coming up fast..better get ma game face on:xmasnut:....

keep it green
highlander

jack.gh

ICMag Donor
so can I enter something i grew? even if i am from the GH camp? I will have something ready by then...

H

Hazyfontazy

so can I enter something i grew? even if i am from the GH camp? I will have something ready by then...

i cant see a problem entering under your own name ,its a growers and breeders cup ,so if u grew it then u can enter in the growers section ,,i think ...

big bump to everyone ,u need to be going into flower now if your get a good enough cure ;)

the 420 will happen so get growing ,if it doesn't then u will have extra ,,maybe see more ic breeders enter this year;)

JamieShoes

Veteran
mines coming out in about 7 days :D :D :D

and it's looking and smelling (and tasting) BOMBDIGGETY! I cant wait to see it again in april ...assuming I don't bugger it up somehow and end up with a big old jar of white fluff ..lol :D:)

Jim Rockford

Veteran
can't wait to make it this year, finally! I know some feel the judging time is short, and not fair, but neither is life, and this event seems pretty damn cool to me. This seems like a realer than that shit in high times.

indifferent

Veteran
is YummyBud still on for guest appearance and speech?

if so Im in there like swimwear!!!

I don't know if that would be funny, tragic or both.

We should introduce him to Wild Bill and Donk, he'd be in his element, they care for the crazed well in Holland and don't exclude them from society.

Latest posts

Latest posts