What's new

ICMAG Administration endorses The Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JackTheGrower

Okay friends.. I have contributed a lot in a short time.. I will retire for the evening.

Please do vote. Get a Vote Buddy and make sure they get one and so on.. I'm okay if it passes or if it fails at this point but i won't be okay with low voter turn out.

Catch you next time JJ.. You are my International Man of Mystery baby! <Wink>

igrowone

Veteran
I have thought that Free market is where we all have an equal chance. Prop 19 doesn't support a free market. It seem to be like the bar I wrote about trying to deal the players already in the game in in the local areas in my opinion.

that's a bit of a stretch, you really can't say how a free a market will be in a county
this will be an emergent process, no one will know where it will exactly go
genuine concern? no question of that

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see Mantica and any other county that has these bans hurting there residents. At some point it's going to backfire on them. I live in lathrop and if we have these types of bans I would relocate to another county if enough people did this they would get the message real quick. I don't plan on retiring here in Cali anyway. I will go where the law protects me the most.

blwd67

I dont think anyone other than black market growers are for anything other than full legalization, but the only way that is ever going to happen is baby steps... like this proposition.

What exactly are you waiting for? This is an invitation to get the ball rolling; the wording is such that welcomes further change. It is certainly not perfect, but if thats what you are waiting for I'll see you in heaven.

I also just want to add that those of us worried about the creation of new felonies should remember that not so long ago it was a felony to possess far less than the ounce that would be permissible... It already is a felony to furnish a minor with illegal cannabis. It does suck that smoking in the same 'space' as a minor will land you in a pile of poo, but juxtaposed with effective legalization, I think I can deal. (Theoretically... I dont lve in California)

Again, there is still room for improvement, but the Regulate, Control, and Tax allows for this. I said it before, but there is always a beginning... It is never the same as the ending... And it always takes time to get from one to the other. If you're day starts out like shit do you just roll over and go back to sleep till tomorrow? Well... its like noon and the day is only getting better, but goodnight I guess, see you tomorrow..

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I am off my game because I cannot consume Cannabis as a medicine and get or keep a job. AND Prop 19 doesn't do a thing to change that.

I'm sure my fellow Canna-Brothers will see I am not the enemy just because my disabilities are not being treated so i can have an Economic life. Right?
After all it is what Pro-Prop 19 people are Voting for Yes?

If you have a hard time following a link.. One second for me to quote the whole post.

Let see

This would be anyone working anywhere. The idea that one can make a mistake that injures others means no cannabis consumption.

And this one also reinforces firing someone for testing positive.

That is Subjective and the employer can fire someone they don't think is producing so cannabis is still a reason to fire or not hire.
Not to mention substantial savings of insurance costs for having a drug screening program and the saving in settlements for a person testing positive for cannabis if they are hurt or killed at work.

So I ask you guys to stop insulting me. I was rude tio VTA and I apologized But I do not give anyone permission to ride my ass when i am trying to tell the truth here. I don't need the stress friends.

I have a point of view that needs to be understood. Prop 19 lays down the Base of our cannabis freedom and it is 5x5.with local regulations enforced

I figure while big business is making millions we all will still be hiding our gardens.

How is that for telling the truth?

i misunderstood...

i thought you were saying you were against me having the right to grow my own smoke in the privacy of my own home because nothing would change regarding employment.

you see if that were the case that would be asinine. it would be a clear case of cutting off my nose to spite your face.

i would suggest rather than vote for continued prohibition as a means to furthering your stated purpose of employee rights reform vis a vis cannabis,that you vote for legalization as a way to attack discrimination on a twofold front as opposed to a strictly medical standpoint.

once cannabis use is legally protected both recreationaly and medicinally the arguments against discrimination are doubled and the number of recreational users will be added to your voting block to pass anti discrimination legislation will be increased as well.

i guess what boggles my mind is why you would take an action in direct opposition to your best interest?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I am not a prohibitionist I am for more freedom than Prop 19 and for all.

Stop the slander.

slander?

come november you will either

vote against continued prohibition
vote for continued prohibition
or abstain

"if you chose not to decide you still have made a choice."

id like to have the right to grow my smoke in my home.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
but if dry counties persist, or counties set up limits on licensing, i think the movement could stagnate while the 4 very easy targets in oakland attract the full eye of the feds.

so by not setting reasonable standards for licensing, the smarties who wrote this bill might just eliminate themselves from competition.

well atleast we will be able to walk around with an ounce sans med card, so fuck em.

and you cant see that this is by design?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jack, it’s funny how much of this comes down to personal interpretation. When you see this : “Provided however, that the existing right of an employer to address consumption that actually impairs job performance by an employee shall not be affected”, your spin on it is this: “That is Subjective and the employer can fire someone they don't think is producing so cannabis is still a reason to fire or not hire”. When I read it (based on 30+ years as a supervisor in an industrial setting), I see that for the first time there is a standard that must be used by the employer: “actually impairs job performance”. To me this says that the employer must actually show that there had been a degradation of job performance. It is no longer enough to simply have metabolites in your system from some usage in the past. I think that this is a massive step forward.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cali is an at will employment state they don't need a reason to fire you. This is one of the things I would like to see fixed as far as cannabis is concered. There should be no test for cannabis. When I worked for Home depot I droped a pallet of AC they made me go for a test. Then I find out someone in a differant depot droped one of thoe sheds 2k$ and she did not have to go for a test.

grapeman

Veteran
Cali is an at will employment state they don't need a reason to fire you. This is one of the things I would like to see fixed as far as cannabis is concered. There should be no test for cannabis. When I worked for Home depot I droped a pallet of AC they made me go for a test. Then I find out someone in a differant depot droped one of thoe sheds 2k$ and she did not have to go for a test.

LOL

grapeman

Veteran
when an employee fucks up you can fire him. Doesn't matter if he smokes pot or not. I would never want to see that change.

If the only way someone can work is high, then maybe he/she should apply for disability or some other scam of the taxpayer.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your a fuck up at work sure you should get fired but not if you smoke weed 2 weeks ago and have a good record. You should not be tested to be hired. if im a med user and smoke when im not at work its none of there business

localhero

Originally Posted by localhero

but if dry counties persist, or counties set up limits on licensing, i think the movement could stagnate while the 4 very easy targets in oakland attract the full eye of the feds.

so by not setting reasonable standards for licensing, the smarties who wrote this bill might just eliminate themselves from competition.

well atleast we will be able to walk around with an ounce sans med card, so fuck em.

and you cant see that this is by
design?

no i dont see that that is by design, i dont think r lee intended for himself to become a fed response guinea pig when he drafted 19.

i think his design was to allow himself to corner the market and exclude mom and pop growers, and mom and pop disp owners.

but im starting to see that his design could backfire on him.

i remember a saying, "overgrow the government", well excluding competition is the opposite of that spirit. and when agribusiness and r lee successfully stand alone, well it wont be too hard for the feds to place a very large magnifying glass right on top of them.

if they had designed this prop with open competition in mind, the feds manpower would have been spread so thin that it would be alot harder to contain our movement.

so yeah, r lee, you reap what you sow. by kicking out competition, he fired 90 percent of our troops. and i really hope it doesnt bite us all in the ass.

maybe we can make this work out for all of us with prop 19 when and if it turns on his head. i hope so.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
How delusional are you to think lee could supply all californians as well as the millions of tourists that will be coming to enjoy legal mj...? I think you are truly underestimating the level of demand.

localhero

how delusional are you to not understand that i never ever said he would be able to supply all cali by himself? reread what i said.

if thats too difficult, ill repost what what you skipped:

i remember a saying, "overgrow the government", well excluding competition is the opposite of that spirit. and when agribusiness and r lee successfully stand alone, well it wont be too hard for the feds to place a very large magnifying glass right on top of them.

by kicking out competition, he fired 90 percent of our troops

------
did you think i meant that there are 10 people who own all the dispensaries and grow ops in cali and r lee is one of them?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
how delusional are you to not understand that i never ever said he would be able to supply all cali by himself? reread what i said.

if thats too difficult, ill repost what what you skipped:

by kicking out competition, he fired 90 percent of our troops

------
did you think i meant that there are 10 people who own all the dispensaries and grow ops in cali and r lee is one of them?

how delusional are you to believe someone would not know a well publicized warehouse recreational grow would not draw federal heat?

so mr. lee is either the evil criminal corporate fatcat genius you make him out to be
or
he has to be the dumbest motherfucker on the planet to think he would not be a high profile federal target.

but all that richard lee hateraide is bullshit anyway.

the truth is this bill does what we have all said we wanted before (you can tell us all you never wanted this if you want to be a liar)

it allows you to grow your own smoke in the privacy of your own home like an adult should!

mule420

I do have a lot to learn about business.

I think my point of view is the "Inventor / entrepreneur" perspective where a guy fiddles in the greenhouse to make a strain and then goes into business.
I was thinking that Prop 19 blocks that first small step and perhaps blocks potential Inventor / entrepreneur types. That is a possible part of the whole picture is it not?

well on the small steps I see your logic and have to agree with it that things do change slowly. It would be best if the first solid step was more freedom for people than Prop 19 in my opinion especially rights to jobs.

I appreciate the conversation.

I agree on the numbers point Jack. Lets face it hundreds if not thousands of our brothers and sisters are popping big numbers of beans regardless of the law. We at least have some measure of peace of mind if we stay within the plant count in our states...

If you want to start a small business, its best to have a business model. It states the product,your capital,projected income and things like that if your going for a loan to start up... And it's best to have the years cash also, lets them know your serious...

As I said before if you plan on bank rolling it all yourself, a years bills and projected costs should be in the bank, more really but a years a good start...

If I was a contractor in CA right now I would already have a business model set up to build 5X5 growrooms all code.

Anyone make a 5X5 tent? Better start!

"The pot DR" comes to your grow and helps with your sick plants...
"The dream team" helps people trim and burp, explain curing...
Start teaching classes on all the subjects from bean to harvest... Lots of jobs you just need to think outside the box Jack...

Peace and puffs

Status
Not open for further replies.