What's new

ICMAG Administration endorses The Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JackTheGrower

Imagine the Struggle against Slavery by those enslaved.

If we have to keep trying it isn't as bad as being whipped after being caught escaping.

All we have to do is make an effort.

J

JackTheGrower

When we say "Renter" we are actually separating people by economic classes. True Cannabis freedom is something that needs to be for the individual from my point of view.

So Democratic principle is at odds with economics. I get that.

Contracts are already well established so there is no need to involve the rights of property owners in establishing Cannabis rights for individuals.
To make any liberty dependant on one class of citizen over the other is not democracy as I understand it.

We will probably get this Prop 19. I am tossing a Yes vote in the box but it feels bad to do so. When I boil it down I see the people still hiding the very grows landlords want to avoid. Sort of anal in how Cannabis freedom is actually experienced by the Citizen in California under prop 19. The only communal right will be the right to spend money on it.

When Economic concerns are competing with individual freedom we have Prohibition of some form.
Better to have too much weed than not enough if you ask me.

So keep reading the news and go vote.
If you feel strongly go get some voter forms and set up a stand and sign people up telling them about prop 19. It's easy. May I suggest an ironing board? It's cheep and tall.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JackTheGrower

for marijuana..
not me..
im legal.

so no i typed just what i intended your interjection of "for you" is incorrect.

care to tell me what is more important?

Let me ask you a question.

Why should there be less rights for non-medical people than medical people?

That is just a thought-nugget there.

I would think the rights that have been defined for medical would be a good foundation for liberty for all. The grow what you need and get out of jail free card style of cannabis liberty.
That would cover horticulture. You know we Americans have had the right to breed plants as private citizens from the Start of the USA. It is almost a lost art. An Art that has found a new life in cannabis through prohibition.
I find that not extending that horticulture right to a free cannabis people very suspect. It should not be a crime to breed cannabis privately. That may mean a green house and a couple hundred plants just to get a cross you want. But that is what nature requires.
I have some old old school education points of view because my parents were late 30s and mid 40's when I was born and they in turn had long lived parents. So collectively I learned the wisdoms of days past.

So I have something to offer everyone through my opinion but I am making an emotional choice by voting for prop 19. Many will be making an emotional choice on this issue. I don't think the public has been educated enough for a logical one based on the ideals of individual freedom.

If we continue forward to 2012 I can see the day that we are proud of our Cannabis laws because they serve society rather than profit from it.

Edit:

The energy of this will fade as all things do in the human mind over time.
Best to continue to contribute energy world wide for world wide change than to wait for California.
That means everyone every where get up and get active for cannabis reform.

Last edited:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Truth,
Those with the capital make all the rules and keep all the wealth. Everyone else can piss in the wind and die, hopefully after they have spent all of their savings on healthcare. And don't worry, as soon as one sucker is done there are ten more lined up to take their place.

Yipee, lets put the cannabis plant on this program so we are permitted to exercise our "rights and freedom."

Teachers and firefighters don't make enough money to even purchase a home in their community. Nice system.

Why are you so against those with ambition being paid for it?

Do you think someone that sits home all day playing video games should have as much money as someone working 70 hours a week running a business? And I know many teachers and firemen and all of them own their own homes.....

BigBudBill

Let me ask you a question.

Why should there be less rights for non-medical people than medical people?

That is just a thought-nugget there.

I would think the rights that have been defined for medical would be a good foundation for liberty for all. The grow what you need and get out of jail free card style of cannabis liberty.
That would cover horticulture. You know we Americans have had the right to breed plants as private citizens from the Start of the USA. It is almost a lost art. An Art that has found a new life in cannabis through prohibition.
I find that not extending that horticulture right to a free cannabis people very suspect. It should not be a crime to breed cannabis privately. That may mean a green house and a couple hundred plants just to get a cross you want. But that is what nature requires.
I have some old old school education points of view because my parents were late 30s and mid 40's when I was born and they in turn had long lived parents. So collectively I learned the wisdoms of days past.

So I have something to offer everyone through my opinion but I am making an emotional choice by voting for prop 19. Many will be making an emotional choice on this issue. I don't think the public has been educated enough for a logical one based on the ideals of individual freedom.

If we continue forward to 2012 I can see the day that we are proud of our Cannabis laws because they serve society rather than profit from it.

Edit:

The energy of this will fade as all things do in the human mind over time.
Best to continue to contribute energy world wide for world wide change than to wait for California.
That means everyone every where get up and get active for cannabis reform.

Jack it seems you want all rights given(back) to us in one fell swoop. Not going to happen. Didn't happen after the slaves were freed. Didn't happen in Germany after the Wall fell. Didn't happen in Russia. I could go on and on...This is not a perfect world you find yourself in, and trying to climb to the top of a 70 year staircase in one jump aint realistic. One step at a time.

J

JackTheGrower

Jack it seems you want all rights given(back) to us in one fell swoop. Not going to happen. Didn't happen after the slaves were freed. Didn't happen in Germany after the Wall fell. Didn't happen in Russia. I could go on and on...This is not a perfect world you find yourself in, and trying to climb to the top of a 70 year staircase in one jump aint realistic. One step at a time.

Why not? All we need is solidarity.

BigBudBill

Because we must compromise in a free society. Other people are free to have beliefs contrary to you and may compromise with you to allow you to enjoy some of those rights if you address their concerns. If you dont, they can use their equal vote to protect their rights, which may infringe upon your freedoms. Reality sucks, but that is what you face. Fight it and feel the stress and pain of not conforming in a mature society. Enjoin society and learn to work within to achieve change. That is the lesson of 215. The world has matured since and our next step up that 70 year ladder has come. Dont trip now, going to the next step because you looked up and desired the top.(Icarus). This journey will be as fun and exciting as the end result. Enjoy the ride....The hard times are almost over.

R

rick shaw

55 Days to go,anti 19 groups are coming out gunning.Randy Thomasson,a right wing douche who founded Save California.com, the same group that aligned with Morman $$$ to pass Prop 8 has started www.marijuanaharmsfamilies.com with a commercial designed to provoke fear and anger.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
originally posted by douchebag prohibitionists
Marijuana kingpins are moving beyond "medicinal marijuana" and now want to usher in a FULL-BLOWN marijuana culture to forever change California (Prop. 19). Hollywood actors, marijuana money bosses, adult film “entrepreneurs” and even the NAACP are calling for pot legalization. They want the next generation to think it's "normal" to "get high"!

Studies show marijuana is a gateway drug to cocaine and meth. Teens and young adults are especially at risk from today's potent, mind-altering marijuana, which can permanently damage their developing brains and young lungs. If pot is legalized, your health and auto insurance will likely cost more because increased addictions, accidents, and drug rehab will burden all Californians. “Drugged driving” will become commonplace. It will be a new "right" to get high on marijuana at work, even in transportation jobs. Marijuana legalization means cities and counties can OK selling pot in grocery stores and permit marijuana operatives to buy thousands of acres of farmland. Your participation in our effort to educate the public about the negative consequences of legalizing marijuana (different from existing "medicinal marijuana" laws) is essential. Join us! Properly funded, MarijuanaHarmsFamilies.com and SaveCalifornia.com will educate Californians about this threat to children and families. Our goals include distributing bumper stickers statewide, providing flyers to churches and organizations, issuing news releases, buying web ads on popular websites, airing powerful messages on radio and cable TV, buying billboards, and much more. Please do your part by signing our no-marijuana-legalization pledge today.

wow this is who you "no on 19" types are siding with.
if it fails these people will be viewed as the winners.
every statement they make will be validated in the sheepole's minds.

sac beh

Studies show marijuana is a gateway drug to cocaine and meth. Teens and young adults are especially at risk from today's potent, mind-altering marijuana, which can permanently damage their developing brains and young lungs. If pot is legalized, your health and auto insurance will likely cost more because increased addictions, accidents, and drug rehab will burden all Californians. “Drugged driving” will become commonplace. It will be a new "right" to get high on marijuana at work, even in transportation jobs. Marijuana legalization means cities and counties can OK selling pot in grocery stores and permit marijuana operatives to buy thousands of acres of farmland.

If nothing else, cannabis advocates have always stood together to support truth and accuracy in reporting about cannabis. These statements are such huge distortions of the truth, yet many people will believe them because they haven't heard anything else and don't have access to the science behind cannabis. I don't know who these statements are coming from, but if they're being used on a wide scale to campaign against prop 19 or legalization in general, please oppose them with truth.

BigBudBill

55 Days to go,anti 19 groups are coming out gunning.Randy Thomasson,a right wing douche who founded Save California.com, the same group that aligned with Morman $$$ to pass Prop 8 has started www.marijuanaharmsfamilies.com with a commercial designed to provoke fear and anger.

Only 3,020 likes on their facebook page. Not many supporters.

We really need to get on there and make a mature case for prop 19. Educate these people on the fact that their damn morality needs to be sacrificed for many many other better reasons(cartel influence, freedom, harm reduction etc..).

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If nothing else, cannabis advocates have always stood together to support truth and accuracy in reporting about cannabis.
Yes let's not hold ourself hostage...DD

picture.php

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
delerious thank you Brotha..it is a completely different species of hummingbird..two birds in one single digital capture, fighting with each other. You can see one birds tail is spread out much more than the other. I just thought I'd post it special for those peeps that think it is impossible to get one image of one bird and accuse me of photoshopping my pix..this one should really set um off! Big Smiles...DD

mule420

Yes let's not hold ourself hostage...DD

picture.php

Totally badass pic! I was going to say the were scrapping you explained it lol... Do you mind? A couple of mine...

picture.php

picture.php

Sorry for the crappy hummer pic they are hard to catch... ;) I love them at the cabin I wish I had plants up there!!! Peace and puffs DD

EDIT: Vote yes on 19 the hummingbirds would!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
originally posted by: failed link Internal communication error

You tried to access the address http:///www.newsweek.com/2010/09/09/prop-19-california-s-home-grown-refer-maddness.html, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
Make sure your Internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.
Check that the setup of any Internet security software is correct and does not interfere with ordinary web browsing.
If you are behind a firewall on a Local Area Network and think this may be causing problems, talk to your systems administrator.
Try pressing the F12 key on your keyboard and disabling proxy servers, unless you know that you are required to use a proxy to connect to the Internet. Reload the page.
Need help?
Open the Opera Help.
Go to Opera's online support desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts