What's new

ICMAG Administration endorses The Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You should read the Bill. Cities have no say regarding personal use within someones home or growing for personal use.

They only have say regarding the commercial issues.

7. Ensure that if a city decides not to tax and regulate the sale of cannabis, that buying and selling cannabis within that city’s limits remain illegal, but that the city’s citizens still have the right to possess and consume small amounts, except as permitted under Health and Safety Sections 11362.5 and 11362.7 through 11362.9. 8.

Are you in the MM Business?

Plain n simple knuckleheads.
read the bill!!

It will be up to the citys to allow the recreational over 21 use.

Guess what you guys?

The same citys that dont want collectives dont want this.

At the end of the day there will only be over 21 use in
oakland, long beach and upper nor cal.

L.A not gonna allow it,
orange County ? Not gonna allow it!

Do i want a resolution yes!!
RL's bill is NOT it!
RL is a greedy capitalist who is trying to monopolize.
Its so lame hearing pros to a bill that
ver batem says its up to the citys to allow the use!!
What makes any of you think all of a sudden Irvine, beverly Hills, newport Beach, etc will all of a sudden allow a use they have been fighting for yrs!!

There will not be statewide over 21 allowance if this bill passes!
Its not gonna happen!
And its a stepbackwards so it will actually hurt us more then benifit us.

Btw im not hear to argue with any of you.

Just my 2 cents.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Abuse the med system... how by participating?

:rasta:

every last one who ever said "just go get a rec"

they are the example pointed to that DENYS other aids and cancer patients their meds....

you dont see it that way. i understand your point. hell i agree ALL USE IS MEDICAL!!! however i understand perception is the reality.
and those (mis)perceptions deny dying humans comfort in their last days.

Plain n simple knuckleheads.
read the bill!!

It will be up to the citys to allow the recreational over 21 use.

quote the "bill"?

here is a link to the "bill"

http://www.taxcannabis.org/index.php/pages/initiative/

please show me where "It will be up to the citys to allow the recreational over 21 use?"

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took the time to actually go to the website that sponsors this Bill. I think this should put med users and suppliers minds at ease..... It even states that the "little guy" will still have the same rights to get permits for sales that the 'big guys" do....

http://www.taxcannabis.org/page/content/faq

Medical Cannabis Patients
Q: Does Proposition 19 change medical cannabis laws in California?

A: No, it won’t change or affect current medical cannabis laws or protections offered to qualified patients. Patients will still be able to possess what is needed for medical use, and will retain all rights under Prop 215 and SB 420. In fact, Proposition 19 will clarify state law, to protect medical cannabis collectives and businesses operating responsibly under their local guidelines. Currently, the legality of medical cannabis sales is in dispute. Many cities and counties are struggling with the interpretation of SB 420, particularly around the allowance for cash transactions. As a result, these localities are unable to control and tax medical cannabis for distribution to qualified patients. Proposition 19 specifically grants cities and counties the ability to regulate sales for medical cannabis and commercial cultivation for safe, regulated medicine. Proposition 19 will also allow for research, safety testing, and potency monitoring.

Q: How will Proposition 19 affect patients who grow at home?

A: Patient gardens will remain legal, and protections will remain unchanged for patients who choose to grow their own medicine.

Q: How will Proposition 19 affect collective and cooperative cultivation?

A: Proposition 19 will allow for greater protection for collectives and cooperatives in storefront locations. City and county governments will now have the clearly established ability to regulate collective and/or commercial growing.

Q: If Proposition 19 passes, will non-medical patients have more rights than patients?

A: No, adults 21 and over will be able to possess up to one ounce of cannabis outside of the home. Adults may only grow in a 5’x5’ area, and will have an affirmative defense to possess what they grow for personal use in that area. Patients and/or collectives will still be able to possess the amount needed for their medical use.

Q: If Proposition 19 passes, will it still be beneficial to be a medical cannabis patient?

A: Yes, medical patients will receive the greatest protections. Qualified patients will be allowed to possess and grow more than adults (to cover their medical needs). We also hope to see exemptions or discounts on services, and taxes to subsidize the cost to patients needing medical cannabis.

Q: Will Proposition 19 make it more difficult to become a medical patient?

A: No, being a medical cannabis patient will still remain private between you and your doctor.

Q: Could Proposition 19 affect medical cannabis growers?

A: Yes, by providing legal permits to gardens, Proposition 19 will also make possible the first legal commercial growing, once cannabis cultivation is regulated and permitted by either local governments or the state.

Q: Will Proposition 19 attract big business and cut out the little guys, and the cottage industry they have worked so hard to create?

A: Proposition 19 will actually give local groups an equal opportunity to obtain licenses and/or permits for the sale and cultivation of medical cannabis, adult cannabis, and hemp. Local groups can work with local governments to help determine regulations and licensing for cultivation and sales. Proposition 19 is also significant in that it allows for personal cultivation by adults.

Download PDF

S

Smoke Buddy

every last one who ever said "just go get a rec"

they are the example pointed to that DENYS other aids and cancer patients their meds....

you dont see it that way. i understand your point. hell i agree ALL USE IS MEDICAL!!! however i understand perception is the reality.
and those (mis)perceptions deny dying humans comfort in their last days.

You mean that the liberal laws here are causing some states to refrain from a mmj program?
I know the real anti-canna folks will spin it to try and make that reality but Ive seen a steady turn to mmj in this country since we voted it in. Im sure that if a state is ready for it in the voting booth it will happen, if not, then no. I disagree we are giving it a bad name but if we are, theres nothing we can do about it. 215 is for anyone that can benefit from cannabis. I dont mind everybody using the law to go get a card at all. Thats the whole point. On top of the compassion for the terminally ill, we have allowed people to use it medicinally for a plethora of maladies.

Wouldnt 19 give the naysayers elsewhere even more fuel in terms of if what you guys say is coming is real, the tourism, coffeeshops, etc etc, by letting them point to that and say look what is happening in cali. Theyve gone rouge... drug use is rampant... Im just saying those asshats are always waiting in the wings to spin it up...

anyway there are alot of ways to look at the variuos aspects of this and you, nor anyone else here is my enemy...

peace :rasta:

localhero

who here thinks that 215 will be taxed at an equal rate to 19 in order for the cities to profit from their commerical cannabis companies?

first off, can they tax medical cannabis? it looked like rancho cordova was intending their prop to affect med too.

otherwise, it really will be a stupid venture for anyone to create a marijuana dealership that was non med. i mean unless its venice beach or any of the very few places in cali to see heavy tourist flow.

how are you gonna compete with the untaxed med co-op down the street? the cities, if they want to taste that money, are gonna have to do something.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
I have no problem with what you do. My problem is you don't want others that choose not to be like you to continue to be illegal.

Why is that so hard to understand? How do you know that I don't do the same thing you do? I don't care if you make a million dollars. I care that you don't want other to be able to grow and smoke legally.

And regarding your wanting everyone to get along. How do you expect that to happen when you want the other half to continue being illegal? And I'm glad this thread is here because it gives us all an idea of what people stand for......

Live and let live. That's where the seperation happens. 19 supporters aren't asking for you to become illegal, their asking for others to let them be legal also....

I wanted to say something like this but I didn't know how to word it so well.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
JacktheGrower and kmk420kali, you seem to overlook the fact that if 19 were passed, the smell of cannabis could no longer be used as cause for a search. Can you tell the difference between an ounce and a pound by smell alone? Nope. KB would've been on his way after getting a ticket for a brake light out, and nothing more.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
who here thinks that 215 will be taxed at an equal rate to 19 in order for the cities to profit from their commerical cannabis companies?

first off, can they tax medical cannabis? it looked like rancho cordova was intending their prop to affect med too.

otherwise, it really will be a stupid venture for anyone to create a marijuana dealership that was non med. i mean unless its venice beach or any of the very few places in cali to see heavy tourist flow.

how are you gonna compete with the untaxed med co-op down the street? the cities, if they want to taste that money, are gonna have to do something.
honestly?

i think they are fooling themselves if they think they will see much tax revenue...
they will see savings in le costs
they will collect licensing fees from commercial ops
bed taxes on tourism is where it will be... imo
but thats my other gig i fleece tourists and do construction control surveying so my mind is geared that way....

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
215 is for anyone that can benefit from cannabis. I dont mind everybody using the law to go get a card at all. Thats the whole point. On top of the compassion for the terminally ill, we have allowed people to use it medicinally for a plethora of maladies. peace :rasta:

Wrong. 215 was voted in by California voters for "seriously ill Californians", just as it says in the first six words of the prop.

A) To ensure that seriously ill Californians have the right to obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes where that medical use is deemed appropriate and has been recommended by a physician who has determined that the persons health would benefit from the use of marijuana in the treatment of cancer, anorexia, AIDS, chronic pain, spasticity, glaucoma, arthritis, migraine or any other illness for which marijuana provides relief.

localhero

You mean that the liberal laws here are causing some states to refrain from a mmj program?
I know the real anti-canna folks will spin it to try and make that reality but Ive seen a steady turn to mmj in this country since we voted it in. Im sure that if a state is ready for it in the voting booth it will happen, if not, then no. I disagree we are giving it a bad name but if we are, theres nothing we can do about it. 215 is for anyone that can benefit from cannabis. I dont mind everybody using the law to go get a card at all. Thats the whole point. On top of the compassion for the terminally ill, we have allowed people to use it medicinally for a plethora of maladies.

Wouldnt 19 give the naysayers elsewhere even more fuel in terms of if what you guys say is coming is real, the tourism, coffeeshops, etc etc, by letting them point to that and say look what is happening in cali. Theyve gone rouge... drug use is rampant... Im just saying those asshats are always waiting in the wings to spin it up...

anyway there are alot of ways to look at the variuos aspects of this and you, nor anyone else here is my enemy...

peace :rasta:

i think you hit the nail on the head. people who passed medical in other states with stricter guidelines on access have created alot of haters. its too bad your state didnt have the balls to do what cali did, but look on the very very bright side, your state did allow cannabis use for people in dire need.

that must be a source of confusion for residents in other states with very obtuse med guidelines to understand the opposition to 19 in cali.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
JacktheGrower and kmk420kali, you, along with many others on your side of the fence on this issue, always seem to overlook the fact that if 19 were passed, the smell of cannabis could no longer be used as cause for a search. Can you tell the difference between an ounce and a pound by smell alone? Nope. KB would've been on his way after getting a ticket for a brake light out, and nothing more.

can it?

what if they suspect your under the influence?

what would happen then? im sure they will search......

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK folks. Here is the official website for the Bill that is being sponsored. This has all the answers to the questions we've all been arguing over. I'm posting the link to the section regarding questions of whether this Bill will affect 215 or 420. Just click the home link to get it all. I'm going to close this thread temporarily so people take the time to read this. Then I'll reopen the discussion in a short time.........

http://www.taxcannabis.org/page/content/faq

S

Smoke Buddy

i think you hit the nail on the head. people who passed medical in other states with stricter guidelines on access have created alot of haters. its too bad your state didnt have the balls to do what cali did, but look on the very very bright side, your state did allow cannabis use for people in dire need.

that must be a source of confusion for residents in other states with very obtuse med guidelines to understand the opposition to 19 in cali.

I am in cali LH.

peace

S

Smoke Buddy

Wrong. 215 was voted in by California voters for "seriously ill Californians", just as it says in the first six words of the prop.

A) To ensure that seriously ill Californians have the right to obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes where that medical use is deemed appropriate and has been recommended by a physician who has determined that the persons health would benefit from the use of marijuana in the treatment of cancer, anorexia, AIDS, chronic pain, spasticity, glaucoma, arthritis, migraine or any other illness for which marijuana provides relief.

Wrong??? Nope, anyhow here is something that may help. Ill send you the link if you want. Its pretty solid at this point. Nearly a decade and a half its been this way. Legal wording can be confusing but the word OR is in ther big as shit and judges always look at OR...

This is from CalNorml site...

WHAT ILLNESSES ARE COVERED?
Prop. 215 lists “cancer, anorexia, AIDS, chronic pain, spasticity, glaucoma, arthritis, migraine, or any other illness for which marijuana provides relief. Physicians have recommended marijuana for hundreds of indications, including such common complaints as insomnia, PMS, post-traumatic stress, depression, and substance abuse.

----

localhero

He quoted me so that means he meant me... right?

:)

no i quoted you because your post gave me an epiphany.

1- people in med states, not california, with restrictive medical marijuana laws might not understand why some california bud smokers would be against 19.

2- those same people might feel that california med users are abusing 215, not understanding how openly worded 215 was on purpose.

3- maybe those people feel that because cali passed a med law, their state passed a med law, and if cali passes a "legalization" law, then their state will do the same.

4- those people could be haters who are upset that californians get to use their med laws as an interim to legalization, while their own med laws cant be used that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.