What's new

ICMAG Administration endorses The Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As I just mentioned, my cannabis recomendation is NOT part of my medical records that I would sign a release on if I need any of the things you mention. Seperate doc, seperate record.. my regular doc doesnt know I have a recomendation but he does know I smoke cannabis and that it is therapeutic for me.

Yes, the dispensaries have the recomendation from my cannabis doc... Not my medical records.

Peace :rasta:

So when you get insurance, you'll withold this information from them?

They'd like that. They will let you pay your premiums for decades, all the while they have the info regarding your med use that they dug up. And when you go to collect, they'll refuse you on the grounds that you withheld this info from them. And they can.

Even better, you get a lung disorder from being exposed to something. They fight it based on your statments to your doc that your Cannabis smoking caused the illness.

Or you're inv in an accident that wasn't your fault, and the opposing ins company does some digging and comes up with the info that you're a med user. Based on this info the opposing attorney sells it to the jury that you were most likely stoned. and instead of you collecting 200 grand, you get 20 because they found you partly liable.

It may seem far fetched, but you can bet this happens everyday to someone. There are probably thousands of scenarios where you being a registered med user could come back to haunt you. But it's your life, you put out there whatever you want. If you think Ins companies don't dig, and have a lot of resources, guess again. It may be legal, but there's literally hundreds of things in this life where this info can hurt you....

S

Smoke Buddy

In the community that I live in, almost all of the doctor's in the three surrounding towns belong to the same medical group. Guess how the records are handled. It is a 150 mile round trip to get to doctors that aren't part of this group. When I was injured, the comp carrier requested access to my financial records so that they could go back through and see if I had paid for treatment at a walk-in clinic, a doctor who wasn't my doctor of record, etc. Sure, it is theoretically possible to keep all of the stuff related to your rec on the down low, but is sure as hell isn't as simple as your first post inferred. This is one of the multitude of reasons that you should vote yes on 19.

Once you are injured and sign a release your records are shared with whoever is involved in your case. So what?

I dont know a single person who got their recomendation from their primary care doc. Not one, Virtually everybody goes to a cannabis doc and they dont send the info to your primary as it is private and you havent signed a release... so it is exactly as simple as I first infered. We have a pretty good thing going.

peace :rasta:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
You dont register with the government under 215 AT ALL. Its a private recomendation between you and your doctor. In fact the confidentiality between you and your doctor is one of the most sacred as far as law goes. If you want a state or county card thats your business but you sure done need one.

incorrect..

a recommendation alone does not prevent arrest it provides an affirmative defense.

a card can prevent arrest if the leo is not a dick.

sooooooooo.

you can hold onto your rec alone and hope you never get your door kicked in,dogs shot,tazed,cuffed,beaten,have your plants ripped,have your stash trashed,lights busted,holes knocked in your walls,your wife carted away in a separate car,taken to jail,strip searched,printed,booked,pay exorbitant amounts of bail for you both all while screaming "ive got a note from my doctor".

a few months later they will give back your busted lights,dead plants and trashed stash after you use your affirmative defense...

that happens every day in california to those who fail to register with the government..

lets keep it between the ditches

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Once you are injured and sign a release your records are shared with whoever is involved in your case. So what?

I dont know a single person who got their recomendation from their primary care doc. Not one, Virtually everybody goes to a cannabis doc and they dont send the info to your primary as it is private and you havent signed a release... so it is exactly as simple as I first infered. We have a pretty good thing going.

Let's see, you've gone from the information being sacred to "so what" if it is released. No, the rec doesn't come from your primary doctor, but if you are actually doing it for a medical reason and not just sucking off of the system, then your medical records and a recommendation letter from your primary care doctor to the pot quack are supposed to be the way the system works. Of course, if you are scamming the system, then there are ways around it. My objection to your original post stands - in this day and age virtually nothing is private, and if you are counting on that, you are very likely going to be unpleasantly surprised. Funny, I never considered access to medication to be "a good thing going".

S

Smoke Buddy

So when you get insurance, you'll withold this information from them?

They'd like that. They will let you pay your premiums for decades, all the while they have the info regarding your med use that they dug up. And when you go to collect, they'll refuse you on the grounds that you withheld this info from them. And they can.

Even better, you get a lung disorder from being exposed to something. They fight it based on your statments to your doc that your Cannabis smoking caused the illness.

Or you're inv in an accident that wasn't your fault, and the opposing ins company does some digging and comes up with the info that you're a med user. Based on this info the opposing attorney sells it to the jury that you were most likely stoned. and instead of you collecting 200 grand, you get 20 because they found you partly liable.

It may seem far fetched, but you can bet this happens everyday to someone. There are probably thousands of scenarios where you being a registered med user could come back to haunt you. But it's your life, you put out there whatever you want. If you think Ins companies don't dig, and have a lot of resources, guess again. It may be legal, but there's literally hundreds of things in this life where this info can hurt you....

Did you disclose to your insurance company that you use cannabis? Then why the hell should I? I see nothing different between non legal cannabis users when they have an accident or come down with desease and a med patient. But hey, you walk around as a cannabis user and you havent informed your insurance company? Shame on you... LOL.

peace man

:)

:rasta:

S

Smoke Buddy

Let's see, you've gone from the information being sacred to "so what" if it is released. No, the rec doesn't come from your primary doctor, but if you are actually doing it for a medical reason and not just sucking off of the system, then your medical records and a recommendation letter from your primary care doctor to the pot quack are supposed to be the way the system works. Of course, if you are scamming the system, then there are ways around it. My objection to your original post stands - in this day and age virtually nothing is private, and if you are counting on that, you are very likely going to be unpleasantly surprised. Funny, I never considered access to medication to be "a good thing going".

You are not following very well. Once you have an accident and you release your records, they help doctors help you. So whats wrong with that? Thats what my So What was about... Its normal in the course of treatment. The records are still sacred. No scamming. My cannabis doc has my medical records which I supplied to them unbeknownst to my primary. You can do that ya know.

S

Smoke Buddy

incorrect..

a recommendation alone does not prevent arrest it provides an affirmative defense.

a card can prevent arrest if the leo is not a dick.

sooooooooo.

you can hold onto your rec alone and hope you never get your door kicked in,dogs shot,tazed,cuffed,beaten,have your plants ripped,have your stash trashed,lights busted,holes knocked in your walls,your wife carted away in a separate car,taken to jail,strip searched,printed,booked,pay exorbitant amounts of bail for you both all while screaming "ive got a note from my doctor".

a few months later they will give back your busted lights,dead plants and trashed stash after you use your affirmative defense...

that happens every day in california to those who fail to register with the government..

lets keep it between the ditches

Nobody ever told me I had to register and the law does NOT require it under 215. Thats the simple truth.

someotherguy

Veteran

as long as you're ok living without integrity you got
a good thing going but some of us find lieing for
personal convenience unacceptable.

limited freedom is way fucking better than total prohibition!

...and lieing to some hack doctor isn't limited freedom,
it's a loose and fluid rationalization allowing you to put
any integrity you might have aside so you can get high
'legally'.

...which will only make it easier for you to rationalize
another lie to give you some personal benefit, maybe
stealing cable TV for instance.

eventually you will become little more than another lieing fuck!

SOG

vote yes on Prop 19 !!! ...or vote no and
help LEO continue to imprison people while you
sit smugly in your house with a 'doctors' rec.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Smoke Buddy

as long as you're ok living without integrity you got
a good thing going but some of us find lieing for
personal convenience unacceptable.

limited freedom is way fucking better than total prohibition!

...and lieing to some hack doctor isn't limited freedom,
it's a loose and fluid rationalization allowing you to put
any integrity you might have aside so you can get high
'legally'.

...which will only make it easier for you to rationalize
another lie to give you some personal benefit, maybe
stealing cable TV for instance.

eventually you will become little more than another lieing fuck!

SOG

vote yes on Prop 19 !!! ...or vote no and
help LEO continue to imprison people while you
sit smugly in your house with a 'doctors' rec.

You are questioning my integrity? Thats a laugh. I dont have to lie to get a rec. You pulled that right outa your ....

You hope I get busted?

Wow. Your not real friendly.

Good luck with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're damn right I didn't disclose any of it to them. But the difference is you have pieces of paper floating around at a docs office and at dispensories where you admit to it.

You'll figure it out sooner or later. The less people know about your business the better off you are....

Did you disclose to your insurance company that you use cannabis? Then why the hell should I? I see nothing different between non legal cannabis users when they have an accident or come down with desease and a med patient. But hey, you walk around as a cannabis user and you havent informed your insurance company? Shame on you... LOL.

peace man

:)

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are not following very well. Once you have an accident and you release your records, they help doctors help you. So whats wrong with that? Thats what my So What was about... Its normal in the course of treatment. The records are still sacred.

Incredible. "There are none so blind as those who will not see". The records are not just being released to other doctors. They are being released to people whose job it is to find any loophole to deny you treatment or reduce any award. This is obviously a pointless discussion. Continue on with your deeply knowledgeable proclamations and being a parasite on "a good thing". :tiphat::tiphat:

S

Smoke Buddy

You're damn right I didn't disclose any of it to them. But the difference is you have pieces of paper floating around at a docs office and at dispensories where you admit to it.

You'll figure it out sooner or later. The less people know about your business the better off you are....

What if they find out you do smoke once they start treating you? Whats the difference in that and me having a recomendation from a doctor? Ill tell you the way it will be viewed. Im legit and you are a criminal. Im legal and you are illegal. Hmmm. You have it back asswards IMO. But I get where you are going... I need people here to splain it to me so eventually I will get it.

S

Smoke Buddy

Incredible. "There are none so blind as those who will not see". The records are not just being released to other doctors. They are being released to people whose job it is to find any loophole to deny you treatment or reduce any award. This is obviously a pointless discussion. Continue on with your deeply knowledgeable proclamations and being a parasite "on a good thing". :tiphat::tiphat:

You have to be able to comprehend something in order to make a thoughtful response. I have come to the conclusion that your not feeling me dog. LOL. It's cool

igrowone

Veteran
push the MJ legalization a bit further, and pretty soon insurance companies won't give a rodent's behind if you smoke MJ or not

the more legal MJ is, the harder it will be for insurance companies to pull the 'use of illegal drug and we don't owe anything for their illness'

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
push the MJ legalization a bit further, and pretty soon insurance companies won't give a rodent's behind if you smoke MJ or not

the more legal MJ is, the harder it will be for insurance companies to pull the 'use of illegal drug and we don't owe anything for their illness'

You mean just like they don't care about cigs and alcohol?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What if they find out you do smoke once they start treating you? Whats the difference in that and me having a recomendation from a doctor? Ill tell you the way it will be viewed. Im legit and you are a criminal. Im legal and you are illegal. Hmmm. You have it back asswards IMO. But I get where you are going... I need people her to splain it to me so eventually I will get it.

I suggest that you google "chronic pain management contract" and find out what they can deny you treatment for.

igrowone

Veteran
You mean just like they don't care about cigs and alcohol?

make that a more relative don't care, they won't care as much
of the these 3 substances, MJ seems to have by far the least health consequences
if they see it's tougher to prove a causality with illness, they tend to lose interest

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Insurance won't matter when your rotting in jail because 215 people "have theirs" and couldn't give a fuck about anyone else. For people using the compassionate use act, you are all pretty self centered and lacking of any compassion for your fellow man.

someotherguy

Veteran
You are questioning my integrity? Thats a laugh. I dont have to lie to get a rec. You pulled that right outa your ....

You hope I get busted?

Wow. Your not real friendly.

Good luck with that.

yeah, i question your integrity, or rather, your lack
of integrity.

apparently, as long as you think you're ok, fuck all
those still going to prison.

and yeah, i hope LEO comes to your house, maybe
if they come before Nov. you'll find out how 'legal'
you really are.

and yeah, i'm not real friendly to fucks like you who
refuse to face how important it is to pass this bill.

if you take the time to actually read through this
thread you'll see that all those in favor of Prop 19
agree it is a flawed bill at best, but allowing it to
fail only benefits LEO and criminals so FUCK YOU!

btw, which are you?

peace, SOG

vote yes on Prop 19 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.