What's new

ICM Cup winning SSSDH cut, grow/harvest pics and smoke report

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hi all this is REZDOG's SSSDH, it’s the ojd cut that has won the ICM420 sativa cup for the past 2 years, I can't tell you how good this strain is, she is a big stretcher and I topped her several times, she still managed to get 3 x her pre flower height.

Growing around a bare 600w bulb (vertical), I got 27 ounces from 6 plants, that’s 756 grams, smashing the gram per watt ratio. If you’re not growing vertical....You need to start. Organically grown, fed with bio bizz nutrients, I gave them a highly aerated compost tea every third watering, tea:
Black Strap molasses
High N caveman bat guano during veg
High P caveman bat guano during veg
Worm castings
Humic and fulvic acid
Fish blood and bone

They LOVED the tea, an hour after giving them that tea the smell in the growing room was an over powering sweet candy type of deliciousness, stunning stuff.

Moving on...The ojd cut needs 11 weeks flowering and its perfect to chop, mine were monsters with gigantic baseball bat buds all over the plant, they finished at around 5-6 foot. SuperSilverSourDieselHaze smells very lemony with a fuel haze reek pulsating into every room of your house...seriously this is not weed that you want to keep on your person because it is some of the most stinkiest out there! I had no major problems growing them although 1 did turn yellow about 7 weeks into flowering which I blame on damaged roots and I had a mite infection but floramite sorted that out instantly :>

Pics...

7 Weeks Flowering

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

More pics to come...

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
wow, beautifull plants HGO ! I have put 3 beans in wet coton this afternoon and am pretty hurry to enjoy their view, scent & effect !

Irie !

Relentless

Veteran
very nice! ive been growing vertical too. havent been getting that big of yields, but i guess u have a good strain for that! cant wait to see the pics when i get home. lol

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
That looks an animal!!!! Nice werk broham...I got the seeds from OJD, and this thread makes me wanna drop em! Give us a smoke report when ready...Again, good shit bro>>>

OP

Buddle

Veteran
Beautiful harvest 100gmOZ and congrats on winning the cup.I have sampled the same cut here in the states a couple years ago.I had a smoke out with another very competent grower.We smoked bubba,ecsd,mass super skunk,and then he pulled out the sssdh.Cut through everything,wrecked me and left a taste in my mouth to die for..YUM!!

VirginHarvester

Veteran
If you have any pics of your vertical set up I would like to see what it looks like.

Why does vertical bulb placement produce superior results?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have any pics of your vertical set up I would like to see what it looks like.

Why does vertical bulb placement produce superior results?

Because it gets more light to more plant. From the top you have centralized colas and wide leaves...from the side you have paper thin leaves (look at leaf straight and flat on a table then from above) and the whole sides of the buds getting light instead of just the top.

That would be my logic having read nothing about it really. I would do this but I grow in a tents for a reason and that's heli-paranoia. No heat sig coming from my house.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
what was the yield?

or did I miss it

edit

I did miss it

how do I miss something like that in the FIRST post

LOL

also do you have pics of your grow area? dimensions and all?

Wanted to run a bare bulb myself and everyone says it won't work unless I cool tube it. Wanted to hear your thoughts on that.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
kweezy - I veg'd them for 9 weeks topped them several times, the last topping was done on the first week of flowering.

Buddle - Sounds like you guys had lots of fun haha, nice one

VirginHarvester - Lots of reasons, 40Amp just hit on a few of them, check out my other thread for the benefits of vertical growing, it should give you a good understanding, link:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=127881

medmaker420 - I don't have room dimensions because that was an old grow house that I had to get out of because of security concerns, you absolutely don't need a cooltube for vertical growing, all the heat of the bulb rises at greater volume because there is no hood trapping it and directing it towards your plants, this means you can get your plants a lot closer to the bare bulbs, just make sure that you have a good exhaust running. Check out the link that I posted above. This was a multi strain grow, there was 2 more 600's in that room growing, Critical Mass, Killer Chemdog, Williams Wonder, and C’99 :)

Smoke report and cured bud shots will be posted sometime soon.

To all other thanks very much for your kind words and congrats, it means a lot to me. Thank You.

Latest posts

Latest posts