What's new

Ice Cream (Paradise Seeds) New

Bi0hazard

Veteran
grimweeder,

No worries at all. I love the creamy vanilla tone. But 2 out of 3 of the pheno's I tried also had that amazing Pine/Christmas tree smell and taste in the background. Amazing, amazing specimens.

texsativa,

I highly recommend it. The taste is absolutely top notch alone, not to mention the amazing zen balanced, creative high. Go for it =]

mixin

whiteberry is more fruit smelling. ice cream has more thc. icecream smells a little different too. i like it better after the cure for sure. my whiteberry just didn't have the power or i just grew tolerant of it. i still think opium is way better than both for sure

durgamata,

the camera i used was my sisters iphone. they are in fact crystally as fuck...it just did not come across in the photo. the two pictured had the least amount of yellow leaves and i ripped em off before i snapped the shot. my garden looked similar to the pic on the paradise website...more yellow than green. early in veg they were a lush green and i wish i had a nice camera to document this grow. ill borrow my boys nikon and take some shots of the finished product. i dont know why i even posted those pics...they make my shit look like shit. you will see. i loosely followed the foxfarm soil feeding chart and flushed em once. i had ten ice cream fem and two blueberry x grapefruit clones. the ice cream is all around superior but the chimera clones did not exactly come from the best specimen.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
SteelCitySensi,

Wow that's an exciting grow with 10 Ice Cream's going. I assume they were from the Fem seed pack. Since you were lucky enough to grow them all out at once I'm curious about the different pheno's you got and if one of them is the stinky pinky - grape jelly pheno? ::EDIT: This has nothing to do with the actual strain "Stinky Pinky" but rather the nickname my friend gave his ultra keeper pheno. Just to avoid confusion.

We all would love to hear more about your ice cream specimens and hopefully a smoke report when they are ready.

once its all trimmed and cured i will go into detail. we cloned all ten so its gonna be floatin around for a minute. the sativa leaning phenos look the funkiest and the indicas have a better bud structure...that seems to be the case with most strains in my experience. there is one that is a nice even mix that looks like a keeper. in my ten years of growing this is the first feminized strain i ran. my boy did white rhino from greenhouse a few years ago and i almost went with them but im glad i chose paradise instead. id like to try a couple more from their catalog in the future...i just wish they wouldnt keep the lineage of their genetics such a secret. does anyone know what ice cream is? are you implying that stinky pinky is one of the parents? i didnt thoroughly read this entire thread so i may have missed it.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
SteelcitySensi,

Sounds great, I look forward to your write ups on the different pheno's you got from the 10 seeds. Off the bat I would like to clarify that the genetics do not have "Stinky Pinky" in them, it was actually the nickname my friend labeled his ultimate keeper. The genetics are kept secret. If I had to guess, I would agree with the icmag member "SourDeez" that it could very easily be an immaculate Northern Lights hybrid, if I had to take a shot in the dark I would say Kyle Kushman's Strawberry Cough x A Northern Lights. Holland breeders seem to use a lot of the local strains that work well in their weather conditions, concerning the Northern Lights hypothesis.

But don't take that lightly, because somehow Paradise has been some of the Strongest cannabis strains I've come across. Nebula!, Sensi Star, Ice Cream, Opium . They are Class-A weed all the way, smell/taste/exotic highs. I really want to try the rest of their offering in the future. The Nebula was even as good as some of the Rez's Alpha Diesel I had recently.

Hold on to those Pheno's, you have a gold mine there.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Durgamata,

Looks incredible. You are going to be enjoying these thoroughly. At day 68 they should have a much stronger couch lock sensation, than those who take them a little closer to the 55-60 day recommended flowering time.

-Bi0hazard

durgamata

:elf: SMOKE UPDATE :elf:

I cut down the second lowest branch on the most Purple Ice-Cream on 12/21, so 3-4 days ago.

I placed the wet (3gram) nug into a mason jar, with the lid closed half-way. A few hours later I closed the jar, then I would open the jar for a few hours, then close it. I did this until the nug dried slowly. I normally let the buds hang for a few days, but this tends to make them dry to fast overall during the 'cure'.

Anyways, only 3 days after cutting this nicely pruned nug and I plop it into my bowl. I was expecting the bowl to be harsh and burn to a black with barely any white, because it was a lower and somewhat under-developed bud, with barely a flush.

I chopped up a small bud, 0.4grams. I placed it into my inline bong and hit it with my hakko, the bowl takes a little longer to start to 'cherry' than a normal cured nug. Soon after the entire nug is burning evenly, and I clear the bowl. The taste is very skunky, with a slight background of coffee beans. Very rich and intense.

The stone is very great for a non-cured bud only dried for 72 hours, and its a lower bud. I think im going to be very happy.

real smoke report with cured nugs coming in 2010. :xmastree:

durgamata

One of the tops ;

41038050.jpg

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Absolutely Beautiful. I am lost for words on that picture. Just wait till you give it a nice proper month+ cure. The skunky - coffee will morph into sweet candy like when it was growing, with a pine Christmas-tree skunky background taste.

My friend finally has 3 more ice creams going.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
SteelcitySensi,

Sounds great, I look forward to your write ups on the 10 pheno's. .

I didn't see where he said 10 phenos. And if he did say he got 10 phenos I'd say he was full of shit.

My icecream was a stinker. Had a sweet smell that hit you at first during growing but the lingering smell was skunky funk. Mine's still curing (2nd week). I'm not convinced it's a pure indica or mostly indica high though. Even though mine was an indica no doubt. One thing I do find is it hit's you right in the face first after a few tokes

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
man! just when im telling myself "chill out on the seed buying", i look at this thread again. everything looks stellar guys! guess i have to shell out more money.....
on the bay, they are listed under the feminized seeds. are there regular seeds as well? dont really like feminized seeds........

Bi0hazard

Veteran
ChiefSmokingBud,

once its all trimmed and cured i will go into detail. we cloned all ten so its gonna be floatin around for a minute. the sativa leaning phenos look the funkiest and the indicas have a better bud structure...that seems to be the case with most strains in my experience.

I might have misrepresented it a little bit, by accident. He grew out all 10 seeds and kept clones of each. I am interested in seeing the different pheno variations he gets between those 10. I agree, the chances of getting 10 different pheno's is very unlikely given the general stability of Paradise Seeds genetics.

Ditto on the high. I feel that it is very balanced, its not too indica, but its nowhere near a racy sativa. For me, it feels like waves of thc stimulation and relaxation flow through my body as soon as I start smoking it. When I smoke enough I definitely get that face and little temple pressure as well. I love it, it wraps around your face and body.

I'm somewhat sympathetic to Paradise keeping the genetic background/makeup of their strains secret as it allows them to keep an exclusive claim on the strains. Also, by releasing their best sellers strictly as femmed seeds they can keep other breeders from f2'ing or inbreeding their lines in their pure form. The possibility still remains for someone to BX their femmed lines but that would take awhile and with no guarantee of an honest reproduction. People could also S1 their work but I think most would prefer to buy from the original source, even at a higher price. They have the closest thing I have seen to copyright on their strains and that equals $$$... they did the work to bring out these gems so can we really blame them for trying to protect their work? Unlike the work of many seed co's around I'm yet to hear a single post stating 'I hated the Opium/Spoetnik#1' etc. For now, it seems everything they touch turns to gold. Or maybe they are just professionals in a market flooded with amateur work. To all those who have posted pics and shared their experiences with this strain, thankyou very much... Hopefully I'll drop some pics in aswell in the not too distant future... :respect:

Latest posts

Latest posts