What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC Cup 420 2014 - Entry Pictures

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont have a nice Vac sealer maybe someday :) so I do what I can. If I sucked out all the air it would make it difficult to find anyone that would buy packs. Compressed buds no one here buys..

I was going to try and add some desiccant packs to the bag. these should remove any O2 that's left..

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah vacome packed buds luuk terrible, but it you pack them in tupperware and then vacume the whole container they will not get crushed but still be air proof.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's why I dont suck out all the air. In the future I will add some Desiccant bags to remove the remaining o2.. This will have to due until I win the lotto lol.

This is what I have, There is a windows so you can see when the beads change color then discard.

picture.php

THC4SIM

yeah vacome packed buds luuk terrible, but it you pack them in tupperware and then vacume the whole container they will not get crushed but still be air proof.
g

Yep, that's how i sent my entry in.. no damage to buds..
and smellproof to get through the mail.. niceone G

:ying:

northernm

Veteran
At first i have to admit that i didn´t send an entry in, but i thought about it before the cup and wonder why not to use glass jars like this to send them in:
http://www.conserware.de/images/product_images/popup_images/275_0.jpg

No Vac needed, no smell, no damage to the Buds, no plastic from the Tupper, only a little heavier so maybe a little higher shipping fee...

Did any of you participants sent the Buds this way? Just learning for next year... :biggrin:

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor

re: no.32
dont judge a book by the cover.

i scored 32 a 6 for appearance but 7/8's for the rest.
our comment was 'good buzz'

no 42 was also a 6 for appearance simply because i have been trimming for a long time and can tell when someone just removed the fan leaves and hung the buds to dry.
someone should lend this grower some hash bags so they can be inspired to use a pair of scissors (at least for the nugs that they intend to enter into a contest).

the voting was as fair as possible.

there were around 50 people but not all were judging EVERY sample pack.

you can order an indica , sativa or hash pack (all 3 packs OR any combination of the 3 catagories), so not all 50 people would have been giving scores for all 3 catagories or for every sample in their pack if they did not have time to finish sampling in the 3 days. indica pack was samples 01 to 16?, sativa pack was samples 30 to 42 and hash pack 50 to 62. also some judges came and shared their packs with their friends, wives, or girlfriends who would not have been allowed a vote if they are not ICMAG members. you can see how many judges voted on each sample and do the math yourself if you suspect foul play. honestly there was nobody pointing out their entry that i heard of and the organizers have no reason to play favourites.

this 420 event is not about marketing unlike others. it is about some growers and experienced smokers who want to get together once a year to be able to talk openly about their experiences with other like minded folks without the paranoia of outing themselves in their community.

mack 10

Veteran
First off I want to say thanks to Gaius for the organisation, Strand for getting the cups sorted, Mellofello the pipe man, Eugene and all other helpers..you guys rock!
also Big ups To Greenhouse and Prix for letting us chill to the max. I think there was a few less entry's and maybe a tiny bit less quality this year, overall though great quality bud's where entered.
Not sure if I even want to say this but,
One thing I noticed this year was several rules seemed to of been bent, ie, several people openly admitted they did not grow their own entres, and i suspect brought product was also entered, not 100% sure though.
Anyway I had a blast, I wanna thank everyone I puffed with,
much ganja was smoked and much fun was had...
Roll on 2015..

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
some people entered things in the name of a collective, specially in the breeder category. GH for example never has the grower enter their entry, they have a guy growing cup quality which they then enter. their clones and growing method is used and the weed is grown for them. in the passt we also had an entry from prix d ami seeds, you can be sure that the boss of prix didnt grow that either. when it comes to breeder entries we do allow a bit of leeway when it comes to who exactly grew it, it's some thing we can not check up on anyway.

i think you are right about the entries though, although some very nice bud was entered there were less overall entries this year. lucky for those that did enter. some beautiful cups made by Badabing for us this year. wouldn't have minded one of them lol, STRAND really came through for us with those creations.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wow yes indeed a real big thank you to mellofello for his amazing work on the spoons for the judges this year. very nice workmanship and a special thanks for my special edition :bongsmi: she's beaut mate, cheers.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Man. I'm bummed I didn't have my ghost OG nugs ready in time. I would have hit someone up to enter. Would definitely have given karma's OG a run for its money. Spent 3 years dialing this girl in.

Hi hi your on brother, Just one problem yours would be a cut so can only battle against the growers catagorie, so you would be battling to any one willing to grow the Karma OG out as grower.

I made my Karma OG and that taken longer then 3 years.

Also you have never seen smoked ore smelled it yet, Believe me it a worthy contender.

So next year you are on Brother make it happen, i wouldnt mind losing from you. :dance013:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i have to say that strain did well in both categories this year, it was some damn good bud, THC4SIM's entry was perfectly trimmed and dried, it was dripping crystals. nice breeding work putting that out in seed form.

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
yes, indeed. Big up to Mellofello for the glass spoons

yes, indeed. Big up to Mellofello for the glass spoons

wow yes indeed a real big thank you to mellofello for his amazing work on the spoons for the judges this year. very nice workmanship and a special thanks for my special edition :bongsmi: she's beaut mate, cheers.

I was able to get a couple of photos.

mack 10

Veteran
wow, what a collection, Just imagine all those ic heads puffing away!
I wonder how much weed will get puffed through all those pipes?

Mine is the second across from the top. the one with the yellow Ic with a blue background.
thanks Mello!

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Hi hi your on brother, Just one problem yours would be a cut so can only battle against the growers catagorie, so you would be battling to any one willing to grow the Karma OG out as grower.

I made my Karma OG and that taken longer then 3 years.

Also you have never seen smoked ore smelled it yet, Believe me it a worthy contender.

So next year you are on Brother make it happen, i wouldnt mind losing from you. :dance013:

True that brother... I'm glad your breeding work took home so many awards last weekend. Well deserved. I guess I'm just gonna have to enter one of my own creations if I want to compete against you :tiphat::biggrin:

74G

Really nice photos and pipes... .. .
Thanks a lot mello... .. .
I see mine ;-) and i'm so happy with as the other one from last year... .. .
All the best to all the friend... .. .
74G

Latest posts

Latest posts