What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC Cup 420 2014 - Entry Pictures

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah i'm really sorry about that glitch with the numbers, we got it sorted out in the end, but that shouldn't have happened. i told everyone i met on a few occasions to check if all their votes go accepted, as it was easy to do them if they didnt get accepted before. but some people always end up not getting the message.

as for the mystery entry, i got it on the 18th and it had no code nothing, wasn't a great looking or smelling entry. to be honest i assumed the sender was not present, but that we'd be hearing very quickly who sent it. in the end it has to be someone on the list of peeps that got the addy, but for the life of me i don't know who. thought it would be identified by the end for sure.

the learning curve with this kind of thing just never seems to end...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Yes it seems some of the missing votes were due to the computer system. Mack10 for 1 told me he tried to vote on my sample but the system wouldn't let him.

if he had told me or tried again later it would have worked, we got it fixed after some user feedback.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thanks for being understanding about it, but it shouldn't have happened. big lesson learned about checking and double checking even if it is 4am.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Man. I'm bummed I didn't have my ghost OG nugs ready in time. I would have hit someone up to enter. Would definitely have given karma's OG a run for its money. Spent 3 years dialing this girl in.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 2 entries before harvest. Anymore pics of the entries before harvest?
entree #1

picture.php

Entree # 7

picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
I know mine was flushed for min of 2 weeks. It's just another Opinion about mine not being flushed properly, I know it was.. That's ok we all have one lol.. The GG#4 was the same batch that I sent to the LA Cup it wasn't as fresh as I would normally have sent. I didn't have anything coming down that would have made it in time..

Yo PF, No disrespect intended but I didn't rate the glue at all, I was surprised at the taste, I thought it was spose to have a strong and sort of chemmy taste, mine was maybe not the best sample, it reminded me of the white widow all white with no bite,, when looked at under the scope it was all stalks with not many heads, and bits of contaminates,maybe wool like fibres? maybe it had been very roughly treated? we did guess it was the glue by the look. Just a bit disappointed, that's all.

if he had told me or tried again later it would have worked, we got it fixed after some user feedback.

Yes Gaius did tell me that, and I did try again but it (the computer) wouldn't let me enter the number's, I did tell Gauis again but with all the noise and smashedness you either didn't hear or didnt understand what I said. I personnally could not enter #'s 32, 36 and 39 and had no #6 in my pack. (gro croc's cheese) I voted for every strain in my pack and received I think 3 extra entrys the next day. I still have my score sheet and will post it up online for everyone to see if they want to see it? The only entry I didn't enter was #4 because my score for it was so low I didn't want to offend the grower...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was an old harvest. Those same buds where used at the LA cup( 3 months old). I had issues with smell after packing up the box. I reopened it to check oh shit did the box reak so I had to redo some stuff. Still should have been excellent? . Many though she was where I would rate her. I think it made others more confused them myself on the scoring. I just like having some fun with it.. . She can also smell up the block if grown outside.. If there would have been time for another harvest it would have been much different. I think she is much better with a short cure few weeks at most. I might not understand why I got rated the worst on OGM(maybe the seeds?) but below ave in looks? by some find it odd but I will still smoke booth and enjoy every bowl:) no worry's

You should have rated it. no matter how much you disliked it. If judging you should be voting. taste,smell,effect are all subjective. what it taste like to you is what matters everything else is just someone Opinion. If you thought it taste like dog shit I would like to know brother.

Peace
PF

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i actually heard about seeds being found in a couple of entries and that will get the score lowered for sure. then there was those globs on it, if someone had no idea it was the glue, they might suspect kief or oil adulteration and score it low for that.

one thing i did notice too, it was looking like it had been shaved, as mack said, macro pics show that a lot of the trich heads were missing, as if the trimmer went too close to the bud, or one of those automated vac trimmers was used? or god forbid that it was tumbled?

alas much about this is subjective too, one mans gold is not every mans gold when it comes to cannabis.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm a 1 man op here. everything is done by hand including trimming. Not a large op not even close just a small 3kw setup. Most say I trim like shit lol. I would agree since I hate it. It makes my back hurt something fierce from standing or sitting in the same spot for long times.

I would never add oil to an entree. I'm not that guy. That would be unethical IMO. It's also very Illegal in Holland. I would never put someone safety at risk.

I do everything the same I use a sop for all my girls. Everything is dried to 60% RH left to make sure it stable then VAC sealed until needed. Lots of folks handled the bags during that time. I have seen those globs on other strains it's just the trics all clumped together.

BagAppeal

Hola
Sam had some good points on vac sealing, if I remember correct. Something about it sucking the aroma out, as soon as the bag gets opened. I believe he said the co2, packaging method was preferred to maintain maximum aroma.Just thinking this makes a difference in the end result.
Please correct me if I remember wrong

All the best

BagAppeal

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont VAC seal the bag so much that the flowers are crushed in anyway. I would use that method but use Nitrogen/Argon to back fill with. Any O2 left in the bag will degrade the flowers.

When I store my flowers the bags are sealed with just enough room so the flowers dont get compressed. There also kept in the dark. O2/Light will degrade cannabis over time.

I wish I could afford a Vac sealer that had back fill capabilities. I would also need a gas bottle with the right wall supports. to store it at.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I dont VAC seal the bag so much that the flowers are crushed in anyway. I would use that method but use Nitrogen/Argon to back fill with. Any O2 left in the bag will degrade the flowers.

That is what I said to do. Vacuum pumps for glass jars or bags will lower the atmospheric pressure and allow the Terpenes to vaporize at much lower temps and they will get sucked out and thrown away.

When I store my flowers the bags are sealed with just enough room so the flowers dont get compressed. There also kept in the dark. O2/Light will degrade cannabis over time.

For long term storage more then 6 months you need to freeze the buds in Nitrogen with glass or freezer bags but they will change colors a bit.

I wish I could afford a Vac sealer that had back fill capabilities. I would also need a gas bottle with the right wall supports. to store it at.

I used a meat sealer it could do 500 grams at a time back filled with Nitrogen automatically before sealing.
-SamS

theJointedOne

Veteran
in norcal outdoor market, some folks use nitro sealing, but a few buyers ive talked to think that once the nitro bags are opened, the quality degrades at a fast rate.

i have no scientific data to back this up

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
in norcal outdoor market, some folks use nitro sealing, but a few buyers ive talked to think that once the nitro bags are opened, the quality degrades at a fast rate.

i have no scientific data to back this up

I never saw that.
But be sure that buds in glass or bags with air that is normal air, the O2 content is just less then 21% and that will harm THC by oxidizing it to CBN over time. Glass with a nitrogen wash is for sure the best, freeze them for longer term storage and it is the same except for color in 10 years.
-SamS

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i like to use tupperware containers which i then vac pack for storage and to control the smell of the stash. i'm hopping that way i dont get the flavor sucked out by the vacuming machine. but still get the smell control of vac packing.

Latest posts

Latest posts