What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 600 watt club.

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
my last grow. I harvested early and destroyed the cabnit. My next grow will be in a bigger and better cabnit

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
day 42 update!

21338Lotr24.JPG

21338Lotr23.JPG

21338Lotr22.JPG

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Hi everyone.

Just in the midst of building my room.

It is overall 5 X 4.5 X 7 foot, divided into a 5X2 flower chamber and 3X2 veg space and 3X2 clone/mom space.

I bought a Galaxy 600 watt digi ballast, Osram Plantastar hps, and a batwing type reflector (open design - no cooling).

My plan is to have two rubbermaid bins in flowering side by side with 2 plants each bin LST'd. The 600 should give 60 w/foot and be perfect, but I am concerned about heat, hopefully unfounded. My space ambient temp is roughly 70 degrees on the hottest days and less in winter. By constant venting through a carbon scrubber by a 6" vortex on a speed control will hopefully cool the space and still have acceptable noise level.

The closet is standard stud construction and soundproofed with Roxul Safe n Sound acoustical insulation and fireproofing. Very nice bonus.

My first run, starting soon as I am getting some cutz soon, will be Legends Ultimate Indica, a strain I am familiar with and enjoy very much, and I will be starting my seeds: Chimera Mountain Jam and Atomic Northern Lights. Someone mentioned here they are doing MJam and I am stoked over their enthusiasm.

After that I am looking at Kali Mist, Flo, and maybe a nice Burmese.

I will check in again and post some updates when they happen.

Peace everyone and cheers to 600!

clowntown

Veteran

HomeBox XL, Lumatek 600w 120v (blue), Hydrotek SilverStar, Vortex 6" + speed controller, EYE Hortilux Super HPS, 2 x 6400K MH, Botanicare 3x3 E/F table, Can-33 carbon filter, 6" inline duct muffler, and square pots up the wazoo! I'll try to take or dig up more pictures of the whole setup later.

I will be swapping out my SilverStar and replacing it with a Hydrofarm Daystar AC soon. I'm also considering adding a second light to this tent. I think the only way to air-cool two Daystar AC's with one fan in a 47" x 47" hut is to use a "Y" joint. :chin:

Last edited:
G

I am planning on getting a 600 w hps digital ballast air cooled hood for next grow. I want to use ebb and flow tables. What is the maximum area the light will cover? Would a 3x3 ft table be good or could I even use a 4x4? I would like to maximize the area the light could cover. Also, how many pots and of what size should i use with these ebb and flow tables if i were using clones with little or no veg time in order to maximize yield? The local hydro store has many different sizes of pots and I am confused on which to buy. The clones would be rooted in peat pellets. Sorry for so many questions but i figured id ask the guys who have experience with 600 watters.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 58 MK chopped, Day 63 Strawberry Cough Flower

Day 58 MK chopped, Day 63 Strawberry Cough Flower

Hey 600's I just chopped down my 3 MasterKush - will chop my 4 Strawberry Cough next weekend and post some pics!

G

here is one plant from my 600 cab..i will post some ultra haze #1 when they wake up...peace

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
day 68 Strawberry Cough

day 68 Strawberry Cough

Little nudge and an update for my 600W brothers and sisters out there!

21338DSC_0437.JPG

21338DSC_0445.JPG

21338DSC_0453.JPG

21338DSC_0467.JPG

hbstoner

has anyone moved from a 400watt to a 600watt? whats the major diffrence you noticed? also do you see a change in bud size from 400 to 600? I have a 4 / 4.5/ 8.5 tall room with 1 400 in it right now, but im pretty sure im going to add a 600 too so there are no darkspots in the closet. ill post pics tonight

W

WaT iT Do?

stikky budz said:
Heres a 600w only room too :)

Room size = 3' x 4 1/2' x 5 ,,, scrog screen = 29" x 38"

4 plant scrog in N.F.T,,, 1 L.U.I. and 3 Sushi (ssh x lui ~ my own concoction)

hahah i like that... sushi.... i have both those strains... SSH and LUI.... taggin along on this one.... lemme know how those come out..... nice set up bro

touringfunkband

I'm running a 600w Galaxy digital with a cooltube and an odorsok being pulled and cooled with a stanley blower through 6" duct. Running white widow and white rhino in soil right now..

Frozenguy

Veteran
I have a question for you Hortilux EYE guys.. is 82.99 for a 600watt EYE good? I usually pay around 60 for my bulbs (agromax hortilux).. I've just been hearing so much on the EYE...

clowntown

Veteran
Paid $64 for my EYE Hortilux Super HPS, but that's still way too f'ing expensive for a light bulb. If I could find a GE HPS for $20, I'd personally go for that. But given a choice between $40 for some no-name generic and $64, I went with the EYE.

G

BIGNUGGET,

I OVER PAYED MY SELF I DO NOT LIKE TO ORDER ONLINE AND I PAYED $110.00 FOR EYE HORTILUX 600 HPS IN THE HYDRO SHOP AS WELL DO NOT FEEL BAD.

cesartime

jeez, thats alot of money, i use one eye hortilux 600w hps and i got it from mdhydro for like 64 bux, i also use 2 of the no name eiko bulbs from mdhyro and i cannot tell a difference between plant growth using the eiko or the eye hortilux, im only on day 45 now though, but if i make it this cycle, and the next cycle with no noticable plant degradation i will deffinitely stick with the eiko bulbs from mdhydro, matter o fact most of the local hydro stores sell the eiko bulbs now too, so they cant be too shitty.

Latest posts

Latest posts