What's new

IC 420 Cup 2008 Info

oakwood

Dutchgrown said:
First....in response....perhaps a read here will start to bring you (and anyone else wondering) up to speed: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81637

As many will recall, we took steps in 2006 to safeguard others, by not holding the cup that year, after many threats...we simply felt that year it was best to not subject anyone to any risks (threats like...will take photos of attendees, have G arrested for being connected importing (receiving) the entries, blah blah blah...) even if the threats were just someone blowing hot air...intimidation, etc...we simply would not jeopardize anyone attending...so it was cancelled.

We have been in a continual barrage of nightmare scenarios for years...and did not wish to make a formal announcement of 'yes' or 'no' about the cup this year, until we had a resolve (see link above).

Now that this priority situation has been properly addressed and a nice helping of UK justice served, we can now start the preparations for this years' IC 420 cup.

It will not be as elaborate as done last year with expensive live bands and enormous venue...there's many things to iron out regarding entries, venue space, but come about it will...albeit on a slightly smaller scale given the lateness in being able to spend time putting it all together.

So oakwood..........please don't think we didn't have our act together....we simply had to spend much of our waking hours dealing with a rat, while at the same time keeping this site here ticking along drama-free, which I can assure you was no easy task keeping a multitude of trolls and sockpuppet nics at bay. :bat: whilst at the same time trying to keep the day job happening!

I hope you all can understand....and hopefully we will have solid info for everyone REAL SOON! So please stay tuned, and for all those who have been begging and pleading for info, thank you for your patience and understanding...it has been a VERY difficult time....but one which on 4/20 we hope that those who can attend do, and enjoy themselves, and rejoice in all the wonders of our favorite herb. :canabis:

Thanks!
dg

thanks for the info DG! you :headbangerock, did not mean to bust your balls
i will be looking out for the good news :jump: see you in April

here is a flower for you DG!

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
DG,
You just made one persons day I assure you!
Hell a small get-together is as good as any get-together!!Although I can't get anything together for an entry I do promise to bring smoke to share with all....Diesels, Kushes and the lot......

J

JamesChong

WOW, congrat's on holding it again this year. BOY, that really didn't make my day. Since, AGAIN. I'll be miss it for my own personal reason.

Congrats again on the court win. I know you've been through allot and I wish the best for you and Gypsy. Maybe, next year I will get struck by lightning and make it.
Just my Luck,
BG

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is bette news..:smile:

This is bette news..:smile:

Well i for one am gladd you changed your minds....so it realy is going to happen DG/Gypsy ?? ohw and it does't have to be a 'BIG' cup for me...just smoking it up and meeting some folks in a place where we can come together...does't have to cost a arm or a leg....:2cents:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow
great news

as capt said youve made my day

hats of to gypsy dutchgrown and anyone else helping to make this happen

Okie grown

Veteran
Great thing you all are doing.I like the fact anyone can enter a strain (rite?)Thanks from me and keep it up!!!Gypsy and DG ! I would love to come this yr. I have never been to A Dam.Or anywhere across the pond.One day i hope to have the funds.I would love to meet alot of friends from here in person where we dont have to worry about the D.E.A. ect..Perhaps ill hitch hike lol

Man,thats great news to hear for everyone that was wanting to go :joint: .I want to send in some NL5Haze for everyone to smoke or judge or whatever,lol.The best part of the whole thing is that,Gypsy has been vindicated(should get compensation for all the crackhead bullsh%t he was put through) and that there was never anyone controlling (IC,SB and SBoo) and never will be besides you and Dutch.You know,good people make this site what it is,but if it wasnt for the kind of stand up people like DG and GN that run this site,it wouldnt matter if you had all the best growers in the world @ IC if the ones in charge werent looking out for us like they do and making it a safe place to share and hang(even though the fact is,that the best growers hands down ARE here) . Could you imagine,without them,it could be just another corny site,ok,i know it stil wouldnt be that bad with all the talent and knowledge here,but it sure wouldnt be the same,so im really happy for you both :headbange :jump: that its over and time to move on to greater things :wave: .Have a great time guys,and i hope i get to send in something special for you all to enjoy:not sure if thats a possibility:peace and stay safe,PVP :joint:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Oh well, nice to hear u r gonna be having a cup.... No way im gonna manage it it time though.....Ill stick to my plan for later in the year...shame though....
hope everyone enjoys it

J

JamesChong

Harry Gypsna said:
Oh well, nice to hear u r gonna be having a cup.... No way im gonna manage it it time though.....Ill stick to my plan for later in the year...shame though....
hope everyone enjoys it

I'm in the same boat. If I would have know sooner, I might have been able to swing it, but that's life. I'll be heading over later on also. Thinking about May or June. Anyone know how the weather is this time of year? Have fun everyone going. Smoke one for me. Good luck with those who entries.
Take care,
BG

C

Chamba

I'd love to visit Amsterdam in April '08

the tulips are flowering, the days can be sunny (and cool) and there aren't that many tourists clogging up the streets as in Summer....and the Queens birthday celebration is a wild party

K

Karma Genetics

I am going to try and get my stuff together in time for the cup then. I didn't realy think there would be one so i smoked a lot off the stuff i wanted to enter ha ha ha.

I will be there for sure now. And love to meet some of you. jaehhhhhhhhh we are having a real growers cup......

PS what is the amount to you need to Enter ? I found the answer in the 2007 cup thread .... 30g that is very good.

Oh boy i am realy looking forward to this......

Last edited:
G

JamesChong said:
I'm in the same boat. If I would have know sooner, I might have been able to swing it, but that's life. I'll be heading over later on also. Thinking about May or June. Anyone know how the weather is this time of year? Have fun everyone going. Smoke one for me. Good luck with those who entries.
Take care,
BG

amsterdam can see great weather in june ,,i was there a few years ago and it was 33deg ,,too hot for comfort toking ,but nice :headbange

J

JamesChong

Thanks Hazy,

It's been along time, since I was there in the summer months. I can't remember what months they are. Once I close on my house and get all settled. I'm going to buy my ticket and get me a apartment. I'm thinking June will be a good month. Spending a couple of weeks doing "Nothing". Smoking, seeing the sites, and heading over to Nol's place. Should be fun. Thanks for the info.
Later,
BG

G

Just booked my air, using miles..... Tomorrow at midnight, I will be locked in...!

Needed a pick-me-up, and I got it...!

See y'all there..>!

Peace

milehigh

to late to start any 60, 75, or 90 day strains. Maybe there will be a catagory for premature harvest weed? Can anyone suggest a good award winning strain that will finish in 55 days with a 5 day cure? I need to get started tonight, lol. See you all in April. mh