What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IBS & PARASITES maybe linked info

allouez

Crohns and Colitis Foundation.com. IBS is a syndrome. IBD is a disease. Drs like to use them with each other. But they are not the same. And yes most IBDs are immune system diseases. You have to look farther for more info than Wiki. I am not going to injest parasites. Check into what hookworms and roundworms do. And once you get them,you must be treated for a very long time with poison.

Treatment for hookworms involves taking one pill on one occasion. They're only a health concern if the parasite load is extreme. For minor infections, usually there are no symptoms and common guideline in that case is no treatment is necessary. In small numbers they're basically harmless, yet at the same time are being used by some to treat various illnesses. I don't know anything about roundworms though.

M

Marywanna

You know,I just can't get past the parasite thing. You would have to be monitored,wouldn't you,to see what stage of development they are in? I have had horses, goats and dogs and the worms are always something you want to get rid of. Poison the worms,then the body expells them,that could really make you sick. I've seen in in animals with heavy worm loads. But I am quite aware of this treatment.....how do you keep the worms from reproducing,after all,they are parasites and will survive easily. Do you have to take worm meds like animals to get rid of them? Interesting. Would you take it? I would love to ask someone that has had this therapy what it was like and if it improved the IBD. It's a drag to be gut-impaired. :) MW

cyat

Veteran
The d.e. will kill all the parasites, even in animals.It is a big ingredient in high end dog food.The kefir has over 30 good microorganisms(bacteria, fungi, and yeasts.)This helps keep the cleansing reaction mild , and build your immune system. I always think about how our bodies have similar needs and processes as plants.This is my first post here after years, only because I feel so strongly about these two things , which are the 2 most effective health food medicines I have tried in 20+ years of personal searching.

M

Marywanna

Kefir,thats a yogurt type drink,isn't it? What about probiotics?

cyat

Veteran
kefir is a yogurt like drink.It is made with kefir grains that are a living thing that needs milk to survive and grow.It can last forever if taken care of. D.E kills parasites and removes heavy metals from the body. Kefir is probiotics. This will become more needed as peoples good microbes are damaged from antibiotics and processed food.Look at all the yogurt commercials on tv nowadays. The difference is that store bought kefir and yogurt has very little biology.

allouez

You know,I just can't get past the parasite thing. You would have to be monitored,wouldn't you,to see what stage of development they are in? I have had horses, goats and dogs and the worms are always something you want to get rid of. Poison the worms,then the body expells them,that could really make you sick. I've seen in in animals with heavy worm loads. But I am quite aware of this treatment.....how do you keep the worms from reproducing,after all,they are parasites and will survive easily. Do you have to take worm meds like animals to get rid of them? Interesting. Would you take it? I would love to ask someone that has had this therapy what it was like and if it improved the IBD. It's a drag to be gut-impaired. :) MW

Hookworms can't reproduce in the body. They only infect people where people use their backyards as restrooms and walk barefoot on that soil. (where they hatch... basically they only live where it's hot and people don't use outhouses) The medication that expels them isn't particularly bad... I think decades ago they had to use quite toxic remedies, but not now. I'd look up info on 'helminthic therapy'. Once I'm able to PM I'll send you one about this subject :)

I

icon

LICORICE ROOT EXTRACT

This doesnt really have anything to do with parasites but its good info if you have gut problems, chronic fatique, low adrenaline, hypo/hyperglycemia & a ton of other stuff.I just got some today heres some info on the benefits of it.
http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-licorice-root.html

Latin Names: Glycyrrhiza glabra, Liquiritia officinalis

Common Names: Chinese Licorice, Gan Cao, Kan-ts'ao, Kuo-lao, Licorice, Licorice Root, Ling-t'ung, Liquorice, Mei-ts'ao, Mi-kan, Mi-ts'ao, Sweet Licorice, Sweet Wood, Yasti Madhu

Properties:
Anti-allergic, anti-arthritic, anti-inflammatory, demulcent, emollient, estrogenic (mild), expectorant, laxative, pectoral (moderate), soothing

Indicated for:
Addison's disease, allergic rhinitis, arthritis, athlete's foot, baldness, bronchitis, bursitis, canker sores, catarrh of the upper respiratory tract, chronic fatigue, colds, colitis and intestinal infections, conjunctivitis, constipation, coughs, dandruff, depression, duodenal-ulcers, emphysema, exhaustion, fibromyalgia, flu, fungal infections, gastritis, gingivitis and tooth decay, gout, hayfever, heartburn, hepatitis, inflamed gallbladder, liver disease, Lyme disease, menopause, prostate enlargement, psoriasis, shingles, sore throat, spleen disorders, tendinitis, throat problems, tuberculosis, ulcers, viral infections, yeast infections. Reducing stomach acid and relieving heartburn and indigestion. Increasing bile flow and lowering cholesterol. Improving resistance to physical and emotional stress.

Muleskinner

Veteran
Great thread! Totally agree with all the comments about US medicine and doctors - it is positively medieval! That's the only way I can describe it. Many American doctors are some of the most sleazy/evil people I've ever run across, without a shred of compassion.

Just wanted to also urge people with IBS to try tinctures. For TWO reasons - one, to eliminate parasites. two, to improve the bacterial balance in your gut.

i.e., even if you don't have parasitic organisms, the cleansing tinctures can help wipe out bad bacteria & help your symptoms. The best thing to do is try the tinctures for 2 weeks & see what happens.

The big two herbs that you should have are Black Walnut and Wormwood. There are many other great anti-bacterial herbal tinctures that you can combine, I suggest using 5 or 6 at a time for full-spectrum results.

Here's a typical dose that I'll take, and I'll take it 2 to 4 times a day depending on how bad symptoms are. If they start responding to the tinctures I'll increase the dose. I'll pour a bit of water into a small glass and add (the dropper being the glass tube with the rubber squeeze top)

2 dropper's full of Black Walnut
1/2 to 2/3rds of dropper of Wormwood
1 dropper full Oregon Grape Root
1/2 dropper of Goldenseal (Goldenseal and Wormwood are very similar - you can use either one or a little of both)
1 dropper Echinicea/Astralagus mix

Or just get this, it's a combination tincture, take 3 dropperfuls 4x per day:

http://www.gaiaherbs.com/product.php?id=94

Definitely recommend Gaia herbs and also Herb Pharm, IMO they are the best tinctures east coast and west.

If you have IBS and have not tried an herbal cleansing I highly recommend trying the Gaia one. Or Herb Pharm but you'll have to buy 3 or 4 different tinctures.

I

icon

BUMP thanx to all those for posting alot of great info & putting your 2 cents in!!!

ide like to point out those who may have really bad infection to be carefull as i just had a test done & shows that im lacking alot of very important vitamins & minerals that help your body detox properly & explains why im soooo sensitive to everything from perfume & other toxic fumes such as paint,lysol,air fresheners etc... to even vitamins & minerals & other things ive tried i seem to have adverse reactions to everything ......

which explains why i just repeativly get sick my body is not properly detoxing itself so if i was to try to detox from parasites now ide get super ill even if i try to build up to it in small amounts. so now i have to replace the minerals with supplements before i begin to destroy the parasites.

i'll post more info as i am waiting on more test results to come back & i start on a supplament called ADDED PROTECTION & who knows what else.

EnjoiKush

Icon,

What does your diet look like?? I dealt with IBS type symptoms for all my teenage years, my brother helped me clean up my diet about a year ago and that pretty much fixed the problem overnight.

Get rid of all the crap, anything that comes in a box, fast food, whole grains etc. Focus on fruits and vegetables, get some raw kefir/milk if you can source it.

I

icon

Enjoikush - I eat very healthy & have been for 11 years no proccessed foods all raw veggies,grains,fruit no red meat no fast food or anything also most people with IBS are lactose intolerant or allergic to all dairy such as myself including tons of other food allergies but get rid of the parasites the allergies should also disapear.

Guywithoutajeep - increasing good bacteria is a good idea cause ibs is probally caused by bad bacteria as well & the good bacteria will help combat it & its bad side effects i took very high doses of good bacteria (acidopholus) for years i should probally start up again it couldnt hurt.

Retrogrow - your right you can get parasites & bad bacteria from making out,oral sex, it makes me think twice about ever going down on a girl again. but its so common & easy to get parasites simply petting your animals then putting something in your mouth or playing with kids or even touching their toys & not washing your hands.

i found out more to why im so ill the other day from new test results so its not just parasites its a list of bad things & in the next few days i'll start detoxing from parasites & post about my experiences & any changes i feel. i also have a friend that has ibs & is going to detox from parasites the same way i'll report on his progress as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

EnjoiKush

Enjoikush - I eat very healthy & have been for 11 years no proccessed foods all raw veggies,grains,fruit no red meat no fast food or anything also most people with IBS are lactose intolerant or allergic to all dairy such as myself including tons of other food allergies but get rid of the parasites the allergies should also disapear.

Sounds good, just wanted to make sure it wasn't as simple as a diet change :tiphat:

Definitely sounds like its a parasite issue if diet doesn't fix it. If you haven;t already incorporated coconut in your diet I would highly recommend it, the stuff is wonderful and lauric acid(the primary fat in coconut) promotes gut health. Getting some powerful antibacterial substances such as papaya seeds, garlic, honey is not a bad idea as well.

Definitely agree with the dairy issue, I don't partake anymore but I feel it helped in the process of healing my gut. I can't stress the importance of raw and grass fed dairy enough tho. Many people who are lactose intolerant can handle raw dairy(especially if its been fermented). Just an option maybe down the road for some beneficial bacteria and other goodies.

I

icon

thanx for the advice enjoikush i was thinking maybe trying goats milk has lactose but very little also is raw & grass dairy would be the same as organic milk?

I

icon

anyone that has taken the wormwood have any side effects like hearing voices,delarium?
has anyone ever try the zapper that hulda clark suggest?
and has anyone tried humaworm?

Last edited:
I totally agree about U.S. doctors being clueless about parasites. Its like they dont wanna believe it could be this bad in the good ol U.S. Get lyme disease and see. They'll tell you its a hundred different things before they figure it out. Then when it comes to treating it there even more clueless, putting you on a low dose antibiotic for a short time that does nothing but kill off the last of your good bacteria lettin the parasite take over even more. You have to find a LLD or lyme literate doctor. Problem is their not in every state. Bottom line is parasites are a serious pain in the ass(stomach too).

SuperHemp

Parasites are possible, but what else have you tried?
Have you tried a gluten-free and a lactose-free diet? Easiest way to rule out coeliac disease and lactose intolerance.

My wife had unexplainable IBS for 20 years then one day she wanted to lose some weight and took up a low carb diet (so no bread), and suddenly she was no longer sick. She has been tested for coeliac disease and all other diseases/allergies giving similar symptoms over a hundred times but they were all false negatives. She's had no pain, large amounts of energy and good bowel movements for weeks now, it's given her a completely different life.

If i were you I'd try a few different allergy diets and see if they help, unless the parasite treatment helps you

I

icon

dopeboy - your excactly right thats excactly what i went through its unreal the bullshit they put you through.

superhemp - ive been eating a no dairy super strict diet for 11 years also every couple years i have to cut out wheat products etc... it did make a big differance but still didnt cure anything. I want to point out one very important thing if you have low IODINE in your body as i do most of your test will show false negatives also if your body lacks zinc that will cause food allergies too. Basically anything that causing inflamation in the gut will cause food allergies.Parasites & bad bacteria/fungi are the most common health problem in the world its just most docs are too under ejucated about how to look for them & treat them etc.... or they do know but want to run a ton of unneccassary test & drugs so that they can stay rich.I personally found the right doc & we have everything figured out its just detoxing is my only worry now its not going to be fun.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got diagnosed with IBS in 2002. Suffered for 7 years until I went to a naturalpath. He did something called a vega test on me and told me what foods I should avoid. This helped me tremendously, although my symptoms are still around and kick up occasionally. I can't eat wheat and a bunch of other stuff. I tested negative for celiac disease, though. I think they were false negatives.

I'd say on a scale of 1-10 (1=feeling very bad, 10=normal), I was about a 4, before the natural path and now i am about a 7-8. I still have a very limited diet and this parasite info has really interested me. I may have to try it out.

The natural path also mentioned that I may have acute lime disease, which sucks cause it is not a recognized disease where I live and can not be treated.

Good luck to all in your search for some type of normalcy. IBS is messed up and not many people understand what we are going through.

Latest posts

Latest posts