What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IBS & PARASITES maybe linked info

I

icon

my current doc says that there is a cause that creates IBS she also says theres a cause for everything, every doc ive been to told me i just had ibs they dont know what causes it & i just have to live with it had a test done to look for parasites the standard test all came out negative but i had one done by METAMETRIX they look for the dna & rna in your stool & it came out positive for parasites & shows if you have or dont have bacteria & a bunch of other stuff the down fall is that most docs dont treat parasites bcuz they dont know what type of antibiotic combo/protocal to prescribe also many docs dont know about the test cuz its new so they'll just blow you off like theyve been doing to me for nearly 2 years now,or say they dont trust it cuz its not the standard test that they do although the standard test that looks for parasites is unacurate & unreliable they rarely admit that they dont know what to do or their wrong, anyways for anyone who suspects they have IBS or or know that they do check out these links http://metametrix.com/
http://www.badbugs.org/
http://curezone.com/

I

icon

heres another link for those who want to try to kill parasites without antibiotics which in alot of cases dont get rid of them completely i also read that you can take 2 grams of salt 4 times a day for 3 days i believe to clense the infection from your body.
http://curezone.com/clark/parasites.asp
i'll probally be trying this really soon

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Interesting information icon.

Have a couple question for you if you have the time.....

Do you know any ballpark costs for the tests? I'd love to tell some friends about it, but most I know with IBS have lower incomes and/or families to support that take $ priority.

Are any testimonials or anything backing up the 'salt' method?

Thanks for the info icon :wave:

I

icon

The cost is exspensive i believe it was $400 maybe $300 & my insurance didnt cover it either but it was totally worth it, you might be able to find that kind of info on their web page or ask your doc.but compared to the standard test its only like $40 but pretty much totaly pointless,Ive had 5 standard parasite test done all came out negative & have read many others with the same results, the metametrix test is 5000 times more sensitive & seems to be very acurate.
It also looks for:
bad bacteria & good bacteria
immunity levels,yeast/fungi/mold
adiposity
drug resistance
inflamation
beneficial SCFA,
PH
digestion:triglycerides/elastse/putrefactiveSCFA/fibers
absorption:LCFA's/total fats/chloresterol

including prescription & herbal drugs that may help so it does alot more so the price really isnt that bad but i understand not having money & just trying to get by.

just to mention metametrix also does alot of other kinds of test.

As far as the salt im not sure i just read about it tonight on curezone & i need to look into it more when i find out more i'll post it.I'll probally post my test results so that everyone gets an idea what it looks like.I also read that bacteria can cause ibs as well im guessing anykind of infection would it only makes sense.

Last edited:
I

icon

not my test but this is what it looks like
http://www.metametrix.com/files/test-menu/sample-reports/GI-Effects-Microbial-Ecology-SR.pdf

and heres a little more info from their site that explains the test a bit
http://www.metametrix.com/test-menu/profiles/gastrointestinal-function/gi-effects-parasitology

this is what it says to the right of the colum were its tested positive for parasites

Parasites:
Parasite infections are a major cause of
non-viral diarrhea. Symptoms may include
constipation, gas, bloating, increased allergy
response, colitis, nausea and distention.

sounds alot like IBS to me i was also reading that b.hominis & d.fragilis are parasites not normally found in humans? but when they are they dont usually cause symptoms WHICH IBS IS PROBALLY THE SYMPTOMS but can if someone has a low immune system & they are very hard to detect along with many other parasites the crazy thing is most docs dont treat these parasites bcuz they usually dont cause any symptoms BUT THEY OBVIOUSLY DO thats probally why they cant figure out whats causing ibs,ibd,etc the answer is right in front of them but i truely feel that parasites is the cause.Its a fact that docs dont know a whole lot about parasites & how to cure someone from them & are very hard to detect & soooo many people go on misdiagnosed.

Last edited:
M

Marywanna

There is no cure for IBDs. And yes any good Gastro Dr will test you for parasites in the beginning to rule them out. Most IBDs are considered immune system diseases. For Ulcerative Colitis,the remedy after treament with drugs is surgery to remove the diseased areas of the colon and rectum. IBDs are commonly mis-diagnosed,sometimes takes years before they figure out what the culprit is.There are so many different forms of IBDs,having a good Gastro Dr is the key. Crohns and Colitis Foundation is a good place to get info to start you off. MW

Justa6655321

Veteran
Wormwood and Black Walnut extract - get some. Take twice the recommended amount for twice as long. It's been used as a parasite killer for hundreds of years. I know lots of people that were told by their doctors that there was nothing they could do about their IBS that took the WW/BW and are now FREE of any problems.

Try it!

M

Marywanna

A fecal sample will show parasites. I would do that before I injested poison.

I

icon

the problem with standard parasite testing is that they have less then a 1% chance of detecting any thats why so many people are misdiagnosed the metametrix test is 5000 times more sensitive & seems to be dead on accurate checking for the DNA & RNA in your poo......i just saw a new doc 2 days ago he suggest using hulda clarks method to get rid of the parasites before i even had a chance to bring it up the wormwood,black walnut & clove cleanse he also told me that its safer then alinia which is a weak antibiotic the recommended dose in america is only 3 days & he said its pointless you have to take it for at least 21 days to have any kind of effect sometimes a year & still it never kills them all.......also i would recommend people looking into metal toxicity from the mercury,lead, arsenic & cadmium in our fillings......it can cause tons of health problems http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yln...B63823C3&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=11
i just found out that i have mercury & lead poisoning from my fillings in my mouth in a few weeks i plan on doing a full report test results,detox,improvements,the works along with my parasite & candida detox, i cant wait for the madness.

M

Marywanna

You are right a fecal would only show certain stages of the parasites development. I don't disagree with you, most people wouldn't even consider that they could have worms.But if you travel to different countries you could easily pick up a parasite,don't forget about skeeters carrying Malaria and Yellow Fever. And there are always the ticks,too. We have lots of those here and lots of deer to carry them around. Parasite treatment is not one dose,you have to continue so you can kill them in each stage. Good post. MW

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
I thought most internal parasites functioned as immune system modulators in part to prevent attack from the host?

M

Marywanna

Do you mean bacteria,like the helpful bacteria in your guts? Parasites are just what the name implies,they live off the host,you. And can be transmitted from animals to humans in the right circumstances. MW

I

icon

I also want to point out that if you live in america most docs dont believe that parasites are a problem & they believe that its highly unlikely to have any problems my new doc was saying that they're not properly trained in this country & are completely ignorant they also dont want to believe that their here bcuz we're not a 3rd world country......why that would stop someone to think that they cant be here bcuz were a richer country is just plain stupid & mind boggling.It seems that they'll only test you if you have left the country before....Ive been to a countless amount of docs in the past 10+ years all say that they dont know how to treat parasites or their not a problem..... its crazy.I had to call around & ask if the doc treats parasites very fortunatly for me a doc i went to back in the day uses the metametrix test & treats parasites along with bacteria & toxic metals & more plus he's local & a far far far better doc then the ones i went to at UCLA.

also most docs dont know about the metametrix test & will blow you off BUT you can order it from metametrix directly or ask your doc to & insist on them to do the test.....we need to help them & edjucate them unfortunatly they dont pay us we have to pay them but it will be worth it to help yourself & many others in the future.

M

Marywanna

You know how many kids get pinworms from playing in the sand? Lots of them! If you are a dirt grower,wear gloves and keep your nails short and clean. Animals can also pass parasites to humans. Thats why you need to check your dogs for ticks if you are in an infested area. Sounds gross,but it is true,we can easily have worms of many kinds. Only one gastro Dr I went to out of 4 tested me for parasites.

I

icon

yeah for sure if your around kids alot its very easy to get them im constantly washing my hands even from handling kids toys etc....i also had a dog that use to rub his butt & drag it across the carpet thats a positive sign of pinworms right there.....i personally wash my hands very thoroughly after dealing with soil or even coco coir im kinda of a germaphobe now. thanx for the help & contributing in this marywanna:tiphat:

I

icon

found this online
16 Powerful “Parasite Cleansing” Ingredients

Wormwood Aerial Parts
Used for centuries as a remedy for stomach problems. It soothes pain from indigestion and stomach cramps.

Clove Powder
Cloves can reduce gas in the digestive system, as well as improve the process of moving material through the bowels. Cloves also naturally kill parasites, either by stunning them or flat out killing them, therefore making them easy to expel from the body.

Black Walnut Hulls
The hull of the black walnut acts as a gentle laxative. It also helps the body rid itself of intestinal parasites and tapeworms.

Pumpkin Seed
Used to kill parasites and tapeworms and reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.

Peppermint
A powerful herb used to relieve gas during the cleanse, and to alleviate any gastrointestinal discomfort.

Gentian Root
Acts as a liver tonic and reduces gas.

Turmeric Root
Help with irritable bowel syndrome and other gastrointestinal disorders. It is also currently being researched for benefits in Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, and liver disorders.

Licorice Root
An anti-inflammatory that also aids in the expulsion of excess mucus.

Garlic
Garlic is a natural treatment for intestinal worms — Parasites find garlic offensive, making it a great parasite detox herb. Garlic is also antibacterial and a treatment for many digestive disorders, and fungal infections.

Oregano
Oregano is used to relieve the symptoms of colds, influenza, mild fevers, fungal infections, indigestion, enteric parasites, and menstrual cramping.

Pau D’arco
Increases oxygen levels in cells and helps to fight bacteria, parasites, fungi, and parasites in the body.

Pinkroot / Worm Grass
The pinkroot naturally kills the round worm Parasite, its larvae, and eggs.

Yellow Dock
Clinically proven to bind with heavy metals such as lead and arsenic and expel them from the body by stimulating liver function. These aren’t parasites, but they are toxins that you want out of your system.

False Unicorn Root
Stimulates digestion and helps to kill and expel worms and parasites from the body.

Male Fern Root
Stuns intestinal parasites, making them easier to expel from the body. A fantastic parasite detox ingredient.

Grape Fruit Seed Extract
Helps alkalize the body, which in turns helps fight off infections and disease caused by viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites.

M

Marywanna

I know this will sound stupid to you guys,but Horses get worms like crazy because they are grazing animals. In the old days,the cowboys treated them by giving them big plugs of tobacco to eat. The nicotine killed the worms. Not saying you should do that,now there are drugs to kill them. Icon,a couple years ago I read an article on Drs in Japan trying to treat IBDs with a certain kind of parasite. I cannot remember where I read it,could have been on that site called IBD SUCKS. Lots of worms there because they eat raw fish. If you have any kind of IBD I would stay away from sushi. MW

I

icon

no problem theres alot more to come.....any post or info from others is much appreciated & welcome