What's new

I weaved my scrogg....

For right now, and the amount of plants your growing under the screen..I would not lower the screen that much..I d raise it a bit..let the plants grow a little more and spread out...That way you get some better and more mature bud sites....Training is basically the way you set the bud sites out to even the canopy...check my new pics and you can kinda see how Im starting to bend some of the taller plants to be under the screen, and GREEN up that canopy! For how small and short your plants are...DONT trim them...Just let em go a while...

picture.php

More wattage doesnt mean more BUD or better weed...For how small your space is....I would stay with the 400!!! A 1000 watter would for sure over heat the space and cause your plants to burn....

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
yeah i think im not gonna trim them for a bit and i am gonna stay with the 400w but im lookin to buy a new ballast mine is old and was tamperd with and it flickers too much,i was tryin to find a good deal on a lumatek but everybody wants way too much

green_thumb...

Veteran
hey guys im noticing my plants have slowd up on growth is it because of the sexing? from swaping from 18/6 to 12/12 then back to 18/6? is there a gettin back to veg stage where they slow grow til theyr back into vegging mode? theres new root growth thats for sure

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
hey guys im noticing my plants have slowd up on growth is it because of the sexing? from swaping from 18/6 to 12/12 then back to 18/6? is there a gettin back to veg stage where they slow grow til theyr back into vegging mode? theres new root growth thats for sure

Whats happening bro. You switched to 12/12 and then back to 18/6? You have access to a 1000 watter but it flickers. Check the contact on the ceramic base and look at the contact pin that part that touches the bulb when you screw it in. This should kill the flickering. It used to happen to me too. Also I hop you're not planning on using that reflector with a 1000. Save the money for the ballast and get a hood with a 265 cfm fan. That'll be less than a digi ballast and you are flying. In DWC you can be vicious with the trimming but you need a more powerful light so that they make better use of the food you give them. The aim in using a more powerful light in a tight space is love/hate because you get great nuggets but that damn heat. So get a dayton or a centrifuge fan and you solve that off the bat. The more light when you flower - the denser your buds become. My buds sound like marbles when I drop them on a table ...

green_thumb...

Veteran
no my current 400 flickers and its def the ballast and the 1000w ballast is ghetto and started sounding like a fuckin tazer so im at a loss i was thinking about getting a 400w lumatek with a hps bulb so i can have 2 400w, 1hps and 1mh.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
so i just took that 1000w down,the temp was gettin in the high 80's with 3 fans and the ballast was making 50,000v tazer noizes so i put the 400w MH back up,any ideas as to why the ballast sounds like a tazer?

Sorry bro, I didn't read this - I've been curled up in the same corner for five days hiding from an army of dead babies..

Give me the model number of the ballast and I can look up a replacement capacitor for you. The ignitor obviously works because it lit the bulb. If you're not comfy with elec I'd understand but if people knew how easy it really is to build these things then we'd all be kilowatt growers. They even sell empty ballast cases like PC cases as well with DIY kits..

I don't wish anyone harm as this is real electricity but I feel that as growers we ALL including myself should step up the game and learn everything there is to wiring and construction of anything having to do with our gardens.

green_thumb...

Veteran
no probs with wiring at all im not sure i want to put time and money into somebody elses ghetto rig,id rather start with a new ballast completely

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
no probs with wiring at all im not sure i want to put time and money into somebody elses ghetto rig,id rather start with a new ballast completely

KK what are we doing here then building or buying. If you build it'll be cheaper and if you wanna buy then leave it to me. I am the master of finding things cheap... I troll the internet like a lost soul looking for a healthy host.

ebay's been pretty good to me lately but my boy put me on to this site called htg supply and they're seriously cheap too.

green_thumb...

Veteran
well i was hoping to get a digi ballast was lookin at the lumatek or the quantum found them both on ebay the lumatek with a decent hood and hps bulb for 280 and the quantum with the batwing hood and 600w hps bulb for 200

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
well i was hoping to get a digi ballast was lookin at the lumatek or the quantum found them both on ebay the lumatek with a decent hood and hps bulb for 280 and the quantum with the batwing hood and 600w hps bulb for 200

If you get a digi 600 from what I hear it will put out more light than my 1000 magnetic coil and save elec at the same time. Your space is enclosed meaning that is not a free open air space so forget bat wing you NEED a cooled hood. Ok... I'm on it give me 5 minutes and I'll come back with something.

green_thumb...

Veteran
ive checked that one out but ive also heard on here as well as on other canna sites that the digi ballast with built in fans are defective and they crap out soon

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
ive checked that one out but ive also heard on here as well as on other canna sites that the digi ballast with built in fans are defective and they crap out soon

Oh sorry man ok ok. Let me try and check others. Sorry man I just saw digi.

Latest posts

Latest posts