What's new

I was saved by a electric company employee

B

BrnCow

Someone needs to get the Elec Co man's address and make sure he finds 5 or 10 new $100 bills in the mail or under the door with a note to spend it very slowly and wisely and to keep his mouth shut.

BIG JT

Boy do I wish I had a guy like that on the inside. Everytime my meter guy comes I turn on my vaccum cleaner and wave to him haha

fabvariousk

Veteran
Now it is a matter of dealing with the "friend".
Probably would make good fertilizer.
Might clog your hydro lines though.

Tilt

Maybe they were asking about his power records as part of an overall investigation rather than busting him based solely along the amount of watts he was using. The original poster must have had a security breach beyond just power use. He needs to find that hole in his security if he ever wants to grow again. Just my opinion though. His lawyer should be able to find out why he was subject to investigation.

softyellowlight

Someone needs to get the Elec Co man's address and make sure he finds 5 or 10 new $100 bills in the mail or under the door with a note to spend it very slowly and wisely and to keep his mouth shut.

Or even easier since he's billing department, overpay the next bill and then say, "Oh, I think I may have overpaid! You should see to the remaining balance for me," keep it stealth :)

Nice luck for sure; score two for the good guys -- one for not getting caught, and two for getting it out there how all people of good conscience can help each other out better!!

DaPurps

Maybe they were asking about his power records as part of an overall investigation rather than busting him based solely along the amount of watts he was using. The original poster must have had a security breach beyond just power use. He needs to find that hole in his security if he ever wants to grow again. Just my opinion though. His lawyer should be able to find out why he was subject to investigation.

He already knows why, and stated so in the OP.

AT THE VERY LEAST! Go buy that guy a nice gift certificate to teh nicest restaurant in your area and go hand deliver it to him next time you pay your bill. If it was me, I would give him a gift certificate AND a couple hundred dollars in a card....Do something to show how thankful you are, Actions such as these, do not happen often, Show this guy your thanks by doing something nice, Over the Top nice. He did the next best thing to saving your life, that is HUGE! What a cool dude he must be... I'd personally love to sxend that dude a zip myself, just for being down with the cause.

Good Story too bro, just make sure you take care of that guy, that is what is important at this time.

Oh Yeah! And don't forget to pay for a small add in your local newspaper, to let everyone know that your friend is a fucking NARC piece of SHIT!

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Zing,your friend that saw you coming out of the hydro store only saw you that one time and never saw your plants? How did he know for sure you were doing that at your house? For the police to be at the power company asking questions they had more info then just "i know this guy who grows"

I know from exp,I gave this state 2.5 years of my life and it took more then just word of mouth to secure a warrant and kick in the door(in most states anyway)....on another note
I am glad you were able to aviod them suckaz......stay safe and keep it green!!!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ it all depends on the which crooked cops are involved. many dont give a shit and will lie to get a warrant. also many judges will just give a warrant cause they dont care about the bill of rights either. the justice system is corrupted more than most americans could ever comprehend, and the drug war fuels that corruption.

BPJR

Great story. Sorry you had to tear down but under the circumstances I think you definitely came out on top!

growshopfrank

Veteran
do the person a solid and quit telling peps if this story ever gets tracked down to them they will no doubt be in the shit big time
years ago I gave a friend a heads up that the popo were on their way (he was a solid guy I thought) and when they showed up the ass says "I knew you were coming because Frank told me" needless to say suddenly I had problems and my wanting to help peps went out the window for a while so do the guy a favor and be quiet and thank your lucky stars that you were blessed.

maybe we need to have some place/person or thing which will "give"the leak something for helping. something like say Norml saying anyone helping to advert a bust will be contacted and given somethng in return. like that TIPS thing. call in with info get a number if it is usable info then the number gets you contacted by someone perferably to one who was saved and is paid with cash product or such, maybe a ticket for a chance at a holiday someplace.
I know I would be happy to support with a cash donation to a place that offered such. maybe a travelling salesman sits in the parking lot of the power companies telling individual workers the results of a heads up when the cops come looking for info on power usage, down to the receptionists at police stations given the same offer.
We need to band together to protect ourselves and others

L

LadyCropSitter

Wouldn't sending the power guy a gift certificate or even thanking him be admitting he was growing? Hopefully when the power guy called with info, the OP acted like that would be crazy the cops are looking at him.

Can the cops really go to my power company and obtain my power usage without a warrant? I know when I call to pay my bill I get put through the identity ringer just to make a payment. So how is it cops can get any information they want? It should be like a doctors office or the bank where they can't give any info and they let you know it with all the documents they give you saying so.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Nice one! Thanks for sharing and don´t grow again at your present location.
Tell everyone about your rat-friend without putting yourself at risk of course ;)
Rats can pass some nasty diseases...

Latest posts

Latest posts