What's new

I think my Blackberry smartphone is BUGGED!

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK, some weird shit is happening here guys - I just discovered some shit...

i recently installed a "file explorer" on my blackberry tour smart phone. this file explorer allows me to do just that, explore my files on my phone. I just received this phone as a replacement a few weeks ago as my old tour was devoured by my dog.

upon searching through my files I found a series of files that were all 5mb (quite large files for my phone), and they were all an HOUR long recording of my voice and whatever went on around me within that HOUR. At first, I figured, oh what the hell, these are some recordings i made. Upon listening to them, I start hearing some shit going on that I actually recalled, and there was no reason that I had my phone in my pocket, or even on record, or even unlocked for that matter...

so here I sit, right now, BEWILDERED....

were talking over 50 hours of random recordings of my days...thats 50 different spontaneous recordings of whatever was going on...

you have GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME...

so now im really wondering if this SITE has anyhting to do with it...

I have posted some pictures here that were taken from my cell phone camera - which makes me wonder if my EXIF data was somehow used to track my phone down? and some hard core BFI agent is trying to find out who I am, even though I am not a big player at ALL. the fucking phone is not even in my damn NAME!

someone please enlighten me here...

i REALLY think i am being bugged by someone, as there is no fucking way that this is happening as a coincidence...

wow

:chin::chin::chin::chin::chin::fsu:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Strange. I just did a Yahoo on it and there was a Yahoo Answers question posted about this that has since been deleted. Here's the Yahoo result:

Blackberry Tour problems? help me, please? - Yahoo! Answers
My Blackberry Tour records me at random throughout... My Blackberry Tour records me at random throughout the day (which i dont think its supposed to be doing that) ...

Clicking on the link shows:
This question has been deleted
Questions on Yahoo! Answers are sometimes deleted according to our Community Guidelines.

Not sure what this means (and assuming you weren't the question asker lol) but that is odd. I don't want a "Smartphone" and I would advise HIGHLY against using them at all for any business-related tasks. You know there must be LEO backdoors built into these things nowadays. You should be using cheap ass non-traceable throwaway phones if you're big enough to be worried about bugs and wiretaps.

Can you post info on the files themselves? Like what were the file extensions and stuff like that. Maybe can track down some info on this.

paranoid much?

youve probably got recorder as a button shortcut and it gets activated in your pocket

there are much easier ways to bust you than to listen to 50 hours of random recordings from a phone in someone elses name, hoping to hear something incriminating...

if youve only JUST discovered file explorer on your phone, maybe its time to get familiar with some other features?

Last edited by a moderator:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it was def. not me asking that...

dude im shitting bricks...

the wife and I are here at 430 am tryin to get to the bottom of it...

I can't find it but there was an article I was reading from a company saying they listen into conversations from a microphone inplanted into there product in order to make better products and hear feedback.. Pretty sick shit.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I just checked the EXIF of your pics... only info is the model of the phone. No GPS, no serial number... looks clean to me.

I'd go with a record button shortcut, like onefiftyfour said.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
paranoid much?

youve probably got recorder as a button shortcut and it gets activated in your pocket

there are much easier ways to bust you than to listen to 50 hours of random recordings from a phone in someone elses name, hoping to hear something incriminating...

if youve only JUST discovered file explorer on your phone, maybe its time to get familiar with some other features?

sorry dude, im much smarter then that.. i def. outted that possibility right off the bat....

and i didn't JUST discover it dick head.. i had just gotten this phone and re-installed it on this phone..

if you dont have anything useful to add, then please keep your comments to yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
If it's recording and the recording is on your device, how is this a breech of security? Now if it's storing the recording in a government data base of cell phone bugs, I see the concern.

I found bugs for the phone searching, but nothing like that.

Cruzin

DUDE! I saw this on Glen Beck last week. Its the progressives, the Rockefellers, Obama and Motorola. It all just makes sense when youre really stoned and paranoid!

FYI: Blackberry curve has a lot of mode options on its phone and its buttons are open. I had one for two years and if you bump it slightly it will do all sorts of crazy stuff. Ill bet one of them is sending your calls to the DEA! Ok im just kidding, seriously the powers that be have bigger concerns then peoples general paranoid delusions.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
I would not take pictures with a smart phone. With the Iphone at least I can take the exif file and find your exact coordinates. not sure with the blackberry but i imagine its the samething.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I would not take pictures with a smart phone. With the Iphone at least I can take the exif file and find your exact coordinates. not sure with the blackberry but i imagine its the samething.

IF you have the GPS setting enabled. On some phones it is on by default, the iPhone in particular. There's an extremely easy way to figure it out. Take a picture, put it on your computer, and then go over to http://regex.info/exif.cgi and see if you show up on a map when you select the picture.

LilWayene, these are just some half baked thoughts lol.
If the recordings were made by LEO, why would they be on your phone? (unless someone fucked up of course and duplicates were saved on your phone)
If I recall correctly, there have been a few cases of FBI remotley activating microphone to spy on someone, the recordings were always made in the FBI database, not the useres device. Couple links with articles for you: http://news.cnet.com/2100-1029_3-5109435.html
http://news.cnet.com/2100-1029_3-6140191.html

Janeymac

Sometimes when i have my phone in my pocket all sorts of weird stuff gets activated , particularly if im moving around . You take the phone out of your pocket and see keytones , ringtones disabled , calls made , messages sent ...... or maybe the replacement phone is faulty ?

K

kannubis

a good solution is a dumb analog phone, that way you can be harder to copy by yer bugger

nokia-1610.jpg

and the problem is solved ;)

I

inthelight

saw something about this on the news. Apparently certain cell phones with internet capabilities are targeted by hackers to do exactly whats happening to you. They listen in when ever they want on your phone, and I'm sure big brother does that when ever they want.

HillBillMt

here in lies the problem, if yer rite yer fucked, if yer wrong yer fucked in the head..... i use foil, thicker the better...... HHB :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts