What's new

I think I need glasses

-~Wind Walker~-

just saying bro, glasses suck!

imagine trying to fuck, not being able to see! and your chick is not going to let you bounce on her with glasses on!

rain - fucked.....
swimming - fucked....
workout - fucked....
pretty much anything physical - fucked....
ever had your glasses break on ya - fucked....
ever try to wear a helmet with glasses - fucked....

Drew and others,

Something to consider about Lasik is that they cut your cornea and then use the laser.

If you should take a blow to the head later after the surgery your corneas can flap and hang off your eye. That is what my doctor and his assistant told me.

Photorefractive Keratectomy Eye Surgery or PRK does not cut the cornea before the laser is used. However the healing process is longer, more pain or discomfort is associated with it and supposedly not as effective as Lasik and also has other potential draw backs.

I went with PRK b/c I am generally physically active and also train in martial arts.

To say the least I am very happy with the results, they aren't perfect results but like Krunch said glasses suck.

I hated wearing glasses. I couldn't deal with contacts either b/c my eyes were very sensitive to them and every time I tried to clean them I would get a little fuzzy or speck of dirt, etc. in the bloody contact and have to clean them over and over. And being physically active with contacts sucked as well. They would tear or be pushed out of my eye when I played physical sports.

Definitely do research if you go the Lasik, PRK route and compare several doctors to see what they have to offer. For example I went with a doctor who had his own equipment as opposed to some who use a mobile unit which was driven from office to office and needed to be un-loaded and set up several times a day.

-~WW~-