What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I remember when,.......

Leaving the house and no one could reach you by cell phone.....in fact, the 1 % of population that had a "car phone", It cost $5 a call

THC123

Veteran
there was ni limit to the amount of weed you could buy in a coffeeshop and the quality was more consistent and better + cheaper

ah well cuz of that i started growing so maybe it was a good thing they fucked up shops for me

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Zippo was THE lighter, no bic butane lighters, but basically just paper matches. Ahh, the smell of sulphur.....

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Leaving the house and no one could reach you by cell phone.....in fact, the 1 % of population that had a "car phone", It cost $5 a call

Hell...I remember when their were NO cell phones.....if you were away you looked for something called a " pay phone" and it cost a dime to make a call.....:laughing:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
My contribution to this thread...a bit of a rant. :tongue:

A person's word meant something...one's honor was paramount...and you could sleep with your doors and windows open without fear of being raped, robbed, or murdered. Seems to have been a shift in values over the years...for the worse. Still lots of great people though, not all is lost, just becoming the minority instead of the majority. Only WE can change that. ;)

G

greenmatter

My contribution to this thread...a bit of a rant. :tongue:

A person's word meant something...one's honor was paramount...and you could sleep with your doors and windows open without fear of being raped, robbed, or murdered. Seems to have been a shift in values over the years...for the worse. Still lots of great people though, not all is lost, just becoming the minority instead of the majority. Only WE can change that. ;)

^^^^^^ what she said!

Iraganji

This thread is a wonderful journey back to my fondest memories, and a rediscovery of long forgotten ones. Thanks everyone.

dddaver

Veteran
You have to lock your doors now also to keep out the crazies.

My wife passed when my daughter was only 18. That night her best friend slept over trying to give her some comfort. The next morning, very early, they awoke to a woman's voice calling, "Sarah, Sarah!". A friend of my dead wife had just walked in and was calling to my daughter because she had heard of the tragedy and was seeking confirmation. It just scared the living shit out of the girls, they first thought it was the dead Mother's ghost coming back.

I was pretty pissed and told that women she's lucky she didn't get shot walking in the house like that without even knocking.

I can laugh about it now but back then I was royally pissed. I didn't used to lock my doors at night. I sure do now. Sorry to hijack. Now back to the show.

Fucking "epic". Wait,....no....that's in today's vernacular :moon:. I hate that one. "Ballin'"....oops. :tiphat:

V

vonforne

I rolled on this album

picture.php

Gerald Ford was President
My mom watched Adam 12 on TV
Pop rocks were new
The conflict in SE Asia war was coming to an end
My Dad had a ´Crew cut`
Gas was .20 cents
Smokes were .45 cents
Babe Ruth candy bar was new
The game Battleship was new
G.I Joe was bigger with Kung Fu grip....lol
Darkside of the Moon was new
lynyrd skynyrd was the new band
we sent men to the moon
bicycles had ´sissy´bars

i have more but the ole brain has to dig them up up

V

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
STP was some altered LSD also. I took a dose once,'69.

I remember when my close friend Harry drove his dad's red cadillac through the garage door.....lol.....poor Harry,.....other than that he was a wizz with mathematics.