What's new

I remember when,.......

inyectado

When milk was delivered to the house in glass bottles, and you left the empty's on the porch, With the money for the full ones!
Our drinking water came from the hand pump in the middle of the block, the house had a cistern (captured rain )
An outhouse behind each house
We got city sewer and water in 1953.

pokearound

I remember when as a teenager and bagging groceries, there was an ashtray on the check writing platform at the cash register.

N

noyd666

ya can't forget the old outhouse,the night cart man whocarted the can on his shoulder,lol remember mum coming inside laughing saying the cart man wipped the can from under her butt lol. were they good old days, c ertanly learned a lot. gee golly could even use newspaper to wipe ya butt.lol.

still remember buying chips and potato cakes with salt and vinager at half time, then down the shirt to smuggle em in at sat arvo at the pictures. then pelting them around the theatre with the left overs off course,lol fukkkn grouse fun till i got into the pubs at 16. i will agree they taste like dogs breath now. lol the misses is listning to ricky nelson must be getting old.loll.
i forgot they were wrapped in newspaper.

Ricky Nelson:biggrin: Jeez you are old, me too.
I still think his last hit was his best, Garden Party I think it was called.
Cheers

dddaver

Veteran
That link didn't work for me. Anyways, "They came to take me away, ha ha, they came to take me away."

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
i remember 4th grade an medics with an ambulance coming to the door and taking my mother from the bathroom with both her wrists cuts and the next day being taunted because the ambulance driver was a students father, this was the typical type of misery i was exposed to on average day in my childhood

there isn't much i dont remember and it gets so much fucking darker

but it does makes me wonder how so many people can be miserable fucks pricks when they dont really understand the depth of the word suffering

i wish i had fond memories of my childhood regardless i haven't let them become an excuse to propagate that kind of karma in fact its the reason i dont

Puffaluffagus

Veteran
I remember when 1 dollar would buy enough candy to make two kids sick.
Nowadays I think you can get like half of one candybar for that price

SneekyFarmer

I remember when premium leaded was 35 cents a gallon and 98 plus octane and cigaretts were 50 cents a pack in the cigarett machines! You could go to the 5 and dime and buy 5 peices of bazooka bubble gum for 5 cents!

gobbler3447

Can't remember, if I posted on this or not. It was 1963, friends from New Orleans came to visit their grandma. It was in a wooden match box, I knew that I would smoke again, fifty years ago, remembering those days reminds me of high points that give me much pleasure.

Etta James just out of prison. Loved her then love her now. RIP Etta!
Jimmy Hendrix National Anthem
Tricky Dick resignation
Hank Williams and Jr.

gobbler3447

Can't remember, if I posted on this or not. It was 1963, friends from New Orleans came to visit their grandma. It was in a wooden match box, I knew that I would smoke again, fifty years ago, remembering those days reminds me of high points that give me much pleasure.

Etta James just out of prison. Loved her then love her now. RIP Etta!
Jimmy Hendrix National Anthem
Tricky Dick resignation
Hank Williams and Jr.

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember Pounds, shillings & pence. When I got half a crown a week pocket money (15p today). Saturday morning pictures, choccies, crisps & juice with enough left for a comic and a few more sweets on the way home. Can't post a letter for that today! I also remember steam trains! (fuckin old fart)

N

noyd666

i still remember steam trains the smell, better than dope, watched english show last night restoring the boiler fukin good show.lol old fart.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah well I remember watching Colonel Bleep cartoons when I was a kid.

:tiphat:

forty

500GP bikes smelled great and throttle control was administered via the right wrist:

doohan-slide.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts