What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I remember when,.......

I

In~Plain~Site

Indeed, it's Howdy Doody time :D.They had stopped the monthly warnings, but the signs and areas were still intact.

Schaefer and Schmidt's...I do remember/have drank steel can shlitz :ying:

Shaeffer.. is the..one beer to have when you're havin' more than one...

ground cork in pop bottlecaps... peeps smoking in the grocery store... Buffalo Bob and Clarabell... nuclear attack sirens test first tuesday of every month... my first beer was Schlitz.

nukklehead

ok Im checking out of this thread.. you guys are going too far back for me. Not that I dont know what your talking about.. remember the "rotor" on the tv antenna that to turn.. ( for us po folks that didnt have cable):wave:

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Does anyone remember watching Disney in B&W @ 6 pm on Sunday night. And then it was Gunsmoke on CBS @ 8 pm.

How about Walter Cronkite as a young man.
Hell I remember TRYING to stay up till 8:30 on a Friday night to watch:
The Flintstones didn't always make it.
Soupy Sales was the MAN
Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier
Daniel Boone Was a big man but the bear was bigger (I regress)
The Mickey Mouse Club the OLD one in B&W
Bozo the Clown The REAL one
Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom Sunday night's at 6:30
Bonanza you had to watch something after Disney
Oh the memory's
SHIT I'm just covering the EARLY 60'S here

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
This song covers a lot...

Don't you remember
The fizz in a pepper
Peanuts in a bottle
At ten, two and four
A fried bologna sandwich
With mayo and tomato
Sittin' round the table
Don't happen much anymore
We got too complicated
It's all way over-rated
I like the old and out-dated
Way of life

Back when a hoe was a hoe
Coke was a coke
And crack's what you were doing
When you were cracking jokes
Back when a screw was a screw
The wind was all that blew
And when you said I'm down with that
Well it meant you had the flu
I miss back when
I miss back when
I miss back when

I love my records
Black, shiny vinyl
Clicks and pops
And white noise
Man they sounded fine
I had my favorite stations
The ones that played them all
Country, soul and rock-and-roll
What happened to those times?

I'm readin' Street Slang For Dummies
Cause they put pop in my country
I want more for my money
The way it was back then

Coke was a coke
I miss back when
I miss back when
I miss back when

Give me a flat top for strumming
I want the whole world to be humming
Just keep it coming
The way it was back then

Coke was a coke
I miss back when
I miss back when
I miss back when
CC

sutra1

Here comes uncle joe hes moving kinda slow at the junction

PETTICOAT JUNCTION

Ha Ha, I'd almost forgotten the theme song. When I was like 9/10 years old, just the thought of those girls all soapy and naked bathing in that water tower.........

V

vonforne

oooohhhhhhhh I wish i were an Oscar Myer Weiner...........

When it says Libbys, Libbys, Libbys
on the label, label, label
You will like it, like it , like it
on your table, table, table

lmao

Littleleaf

Veteran
I can't belive I ate the whole thing...

Plop Plop fizz fizz OH what a releef it is...

Were"s the Beef..

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
my bologna has a first name

its o-s-c-a-r

my bologna has a seocond name its m-e-y-e-r

i love to eat it every day

and if you ask me why ill sayyyyyyyyy

cause oscar meyer has a way with b-o-l-o-g-n-a

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Pulled over doing 15mph....stoned

Pulled over doing 15mph....stoned

Oh yeah, forgot about this one. My high school had a designated "smoking section" for the kids to smoke tobacco during recess and lunch breaks. The uh.... undesignated weed smoking section was 200 yards behind the school in the woods.:smokeit: My fondest high school memories are the time a bunch of us went thru the mcdonalds drive thru and no one could order cause we were laughing so hard. The second fondest memory is when the same bunch of us drove south down the interstate on the way to the beach in the north bound lane about 2 miles before we figured it out. cars were wizzing past us on both sides and we thought they were in the wrong lane!. Does anyone know why the "weed" back then made us giggle uncontrollably? Why doesn't it do that now? Seriously, I've been wondering about this for a while. would love to have more giggle weed. Was it just because we were young and giddy? Or is it a specific strain?:friends:

I was driving a French Caravelle a GI brought back from Europe with 3 friends, right after graduation, H.S. We were smoking a joint and a cop with the old red bubble light flashing pulled us over for "driving too slow!" The funny part was we told Clark to "eat the roach, NOW!" After the cop left we laughed our asses off uncontrollably about Clark having to eat the joint.

Clark got us back on a road trip to Florida on I-75 S. We were going to St. Petersburg to meet some chicks and everyone was asleep, Clark was driving , and all of a sudden we all were awakened by his car spinning out of control in circles (Nova) to a dead stop. "WTF Clark", he had fallen alseep at the wheel. That was a delayed laugh for sure, giggled our asses off later.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember the good ole days when sex was dirty and the air was clean.

Now day's they both can kill ya.

Mr.Wags

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
There was a show hosted by Art Linkletter....Kids Say the Darnest Things (much prior to Bill Cosby doing his version). :tongue:

The Doors were releasing new albums...and Elvis' hip wriggling/thrusting dance was censored on the Ed Sullivan show. :biglaugh:

Getting 'grounded' for my older sister and I burning our bras. At the time I barely needed one anyway. :biglaugh:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There was a show hosted by Art Linkletter....Kids Say the Darnest Things (much prior to Bill Cosby doing his version). :tongue:

Dutch just yesterday they had a clip of this show and Dr.Dre was one of the kids. He was like 6 years old and he even then was talking about lady's and money. :)

But since you and all the lady's here are 29 you must have seen some taped episodes or something :)

Be Well
Mr.Wags

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Dutch just yesterday they had a clip of this show and Dr.Dre was one of the kids. He was like 6 years old and he even then was talking about lady's and money. :)

But since you and all the lady's here are 29 you must have seen some taped episodes or something :)

Be Well
Mr.Wags

:laughing: :laughing: That's it wags :huggg: ...I'll stick to that! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts