What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I really need some help- ORGANICS. very frustrated. with pics

intotheunknown

Veteran
:jump:

me too - 5 BCI (3.2) and a couple male leopard geckos (my fish dont count right?)

used to really enjoy my sav monitor -back then i had a boa and a BP (but they were "normals" lol)

Leos are fun to own. ive had several of them as well.
now savannahs are cool. i had this one years ago that was just mean as shit and such a pain in the ass to deal with and feed. but fun i suppose. i like challenging reptiles like that.

im a big tokay fan too. lol

With that mix, unless you have some crazy ass, high PH water, the odds of lockout are on par with a Sasquatch sighting.. They're hungry.

How is your water? Have you checked the PH, or had any issues with it in the past?

That is a problem I've heard those damn Sasquatches... lol

Although I do believe that Treefrog had it right the first post w/ mag & N as I had a similar problem; both in time; work; investment & obsession on what the F is wrong & How to fix.

I like to look at the positive learning experience from this though. The more trouble it causes the more your learning - & I thank you for teaching me in the process.

:party:
Peace

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Leos are fun to own. ive had several of them as well.
now savannahs are cool. i had this one years ago that was just mean as shit and such a pain in the ass to deal with and feed. but fun i suppose. i like challenging reptiles like that.

im a big tokay fan too. lol

count me among the group who feel savvies are only suitable for certain experienced herpers NOT your typical pet shop patron

that having been said though, mine was dog tame

yeah the leos are new to me we have a couple - i enjoy them too

but, BCI are my favs and we really enjoy the BCI - nice to have some weather we can give them some outside time w/

i dont' understand the outcome of this thread. what was the original problem? i understand he changed soil and things got better, but what was the original problem? i have 2 strains showing leaf edge gold/brown spots, with the N deficiency look of being lighter green. they are in LC's mix #1 with added bone and blood meal. we are about 15 days into veg, and have fed with neptune's harvest seaweed + fish emulsion. still on the fence about being a deficiency or a burn issue.

hash head

i dont' understand the outcome of this thread. what was the original problem? i understand he changed soil and things got better, but what was the original problem? i have 2 strains showing leaf edge gold/brown spots, with the N deficiency look of being lighter green. they are in LC's mix #1 with added bone and blood meal. we are about 15 days into veg, and have fed with neptune's harvest seaweed + fish emulsion. still on the fence about being a deficiency or a burn issue.
you need more N!! try supplementing with some nitrogen..

i'm actually leaning more towards overnuting or Ph issues. i dont think N is a problem when using fish emulsion + neptunes harvest + EWC in the mix......

K

KnightRueben

intotheunknown

Here's the basic mix:

1x = 5 lbs.

2x alfalfa meal
2x flax seed meal
1x soybean meal
1x canola/rape seed meal
1x fish meal (nitrogen)
1x fish bone meal (phosphorus)
1x neem seed meal
1x kelp meal
1x crustacean/shrimp meal
1x bokashi bran (I make this up but bokashi bran is available online at several sources)

That's pretty much it!

Wow, this mix looks amazing! Really glad I stumbled upon this thread. Having read lots about Bokashi I'd like to try this mix out.

edit: might be a longshot, but anyone experienced using this know how much of the fertilizer mix to add per cubic foot of soil? I could PM CC but don't want to disturb.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
might be a longshot, but anyone experienced using this know how much of the fertilizer mix to add per cubic foot of soil?
KnightRueben

I use between 1 - 1.5 cups per 1 c.f. of mixed potting soil. About the same amount of a mineral mix that is available locally.

CC

K

KnightRueben

A humble thanks to you, Clackamas!

I'll be trying it out for my next round.

popngen

Clackamas Coot

Is your basic mix scalable? Ie, "1x = 5lbs" could also be .5 lbs or even 1 cup? Living in the city does not make this mix easy to wrangle.

sorry, i'm a total noob!

KnightRueben

I use between 1 - 1.5 cups per 1 c.f. of mixed potting soil. About the same amount of a mineral mix that is available locally.

CC

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Clackamas Coot

Is your basic mix scalable? Ie, "1x = 5lbs" could also be .5 lbs or even 1 cup? Living in the city does not make this mix easy to wrangle.

sorry, i'm a total noob!
popngen

Pounds. Ounces. Cups. Thimbles. Empty cans.

The method of measuring doesn't matter as you noted/asked.

HTH

CC

intotheunknown

Veteran
hey guys... havent been around in a while. just thought id give you all a final update on this last run. i had an extremely decent harvest @ 2+ zips per lady. and a big thank you all for the help you provided. :tiphat: until next time.
~intotheunknown