What's new

i phone suckers lol

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
oh man, apple sucks so much is not even funny...

I have an i-pod touch I received as a gift. it is a cool gadget, but it is so user Unfriendly that whatever cool things it does offer are out-weighted by the shitty interface.

you can't simply just drag mp3s into it, you need to use one of the shittiest programs I've ever use: itunes.

then, you can't even get the mp3s you already put in there back out without using some sort of warez.

don't get me started on all the myths and legends about apple being used by pixar and fancy recording studios...

to begin with, pixar uses proprietary software, and that's what makes them great, not the mac computers... you can install the same pixar software on a pc and get the same exact results.

every single recording studio using mac is limited by software availability and when the hardware fails, the engineer can't open the mac up and fix it himself and instead needs to waste precious time sending the hardware to get serviced... with a pc, you just open the thing up and replace whatever you need to replace yourself and be up and running in a matter of hours, instead of weeks as is the case with apple.

apple = marketing.

end of rant.

SemperAltus

Currently using a 3+ year old samsung that is about ready for a new phone, although I think Ill give blackberry a try this time, had my fill of apple and android.

R

Red Berry

oh man, apple sucks so much is not even funny...

I have an i-pod touch I received as a gift. it is a cool gadget, but it is so user Unfriendly that whatever cool things it does offer are out-weighted by the shitty interface.

you can't simply just drag mp3s into it, you need to use one of the shittiest programs I've ever use: itunes.

then, you can't even get the mp3s you already put in there back out without using some sort of warez.

don't get me started on all the myths and legends about apple being used by pixar and fancy recording studios...

to begin with, pixar uses proprietary software, and that's what makes them great, not the mac computers... you can install the same pixar software on a pc and get the same exact results.

every single recording studio using mac is limited by software availability and when the hardware fails, the engineer can't open the mac up and fix it himself and instead needs to waste precious time sending the hardware to get serviced... with a pc, you just open the thing up and replace whatever you need to replace yourself and be up and running in a matter of hours, instead of weeks as is the case with apple.

apple = marketing.

end of rant.

itunes is a broken system . BUT i love how they were able to charge for music the artists give away for free and not get in trouble for it . i cant help but respect them for making themselves the middle man for that product and getting people to pay them for nothing >reminds me of redcross but its like the opposite side of life .

O

OGShaman

While we're on the subject of Apple, there is a news story out today about how a security flaw in OSX has allowed hackers to take control of over 17,000 Mac computers. Might want to look into it if you own one:

Criminals have discovered a flaw in OS X, the Mac operating system, and are using it to control thousands of Apple computers around the world.

The Russian security company Dr. Web first discovered the software, known as "Mac.BackDoor.iWorm." We don't yet know how the software spreads, but Dr. Web has released information on the clever way it connects to the criminals who control the program.

When a Mac is infected with Mac.BackDoor.iWorm, the program tries to make a connection to a command server. The iWorm reportedly uses Reddit's search function to find comments left by the criminals in a Minecraft discussion section of the site. (Minecraft is the block-building video game published by independent publisher Mojang, which Microsoft purchased for $2.5 billion in September.)

After iWorm finds the Reddit comments, it attempts to connect to the server addresses listed in the Minecraft subreddit. Once connected, criminals can send commands to their "botnet" of infected computers. Botnets are often used to send spam emails, mine Bitcoin, or flood websites with traffic that eventually crashes them.

It doesn't seem like the infected computers are currently being used for any attack, so the criminals behind iWorm are probably only growing the network for now.

Dr. Web has published the number of computers that it believes have been affected by iWorm. As of last Friday, 17,658 infected Mac computers have been discovered, with 4,610 of them in the US.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hackers-use-macbackdooriworm-on-mac-os-x-and-reddit-2014-10

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
hasn't Mac OS X (10) been out for like 15 years already? You'd think Apple would expand with their software or something. Just garbage computers and other stupid junk for parents to have to buy

Latest posts

Latest posts