What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I need help, I can't figure this one out!

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is 125 mg of sodium per 23 grams. So you will be adding basically 125 mg or so to your mix, which is nothing. Sodium is not driving your conductivity, it is the potassium and magnesium, nitrates, etc..

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Go back to a french drain.

Dig a hole with a post hole digger if you can, as close to the outer area of your original hole, go down at deep as possible below the original hole depth of your plant material/hole preparation. Fill that hole with rocks, big ones at the bottom, medium side on top of them, and even a finer rock on top of them, so you have a hole filled with rock where the water can spill into without having to seep through the soil. The bigger that hole, the easier it will be to drain.

That way you can add gypsum and wash it in, pushing a bit of everything out.

cbcool

Apply 25 grams per plant of powdered milk. That should get you a response.
With what volume of water?

Dig a hole with a post hole digger if you can, as close to the outer area of your original hole, go down at deep as possible below the original hole depth of your plant material/hole preparation. Fill that hole with rocks, big ones at the bottom, medium side on top of them, and even a finer rock on top of them, so you have a hole filled with rock where the water can spill into without having to seep through the soil. The bigger that hole, the easier it will be to drain.

That may not be possible on most holes, there are very large rocks/boulders around and protruding into most of the holes, but I will try!

corky1968

Veteran
I almost got one of my brothers to buy a black angus calf this Spring. We looked online for one.
But the prices are so mental. His wife would have killed him though as they don't have lots of
grass growing on his land. But without greens it would cost a lot of money. He has enough land
and proper location to raise anything. We even raised wild turkeys, pheasants and chickens
there before.

cbcool

There's a ranch on the other end of the valley from where I live, their world renowned for their red/black Angus. I went to one of their auctions this summer, their cheapest cow sold for $2800, a prized bull sold for $12000,

Crazy , never seen anything like it. I guess they have 105 years of high altitude prized genetics.

Ratzilla

Veteran
Soil analysis is no good if in a format that is unable to be understood.
This is why I suggested Logan Labs its all in base ratios % easily understood on what is needed.
Moving on all I get out of your analysis is that your soil is low in Nitrogen.
Remember this was my very first comment on seeing your first pictures.
That it look like a N deficiency!
I don't find that so odd if in latter stages of flowering,I opine that the plant is in charge if your growing organically.
Meaning once a ganja plant goes into senescence it stops feeding the bacteria (nitrogen) and begins to feed the fungi ( P & K) through its roots exudes.
The first soil test I had done was the wrong format also so live and learn.
If using natural fertilizer many elements are used up by the organism to build their own bodies so use enough as they break it down to where the plant is able to take it up.
Here are some N products that are completely organic and might be of help for next year.
Alfalfa one of my favorites 2-3-1 it contains many trace elements and has a growth hormone associated with it.
It is best used mixed it before the actual planting.
Bat Guano 10-3-1 is very rich in N but its most important aspect is it is very soluable and ready for actual take-up.
Blood meal is another fast acting N source but outside it draws critters bent on finding the source which usually means dug up plants.
Cotton seed meal, Corn gluten meal, fish emulsion, feather meal.
There are many other sources but most Nitrogen source should be pre mixed into your medium well before planting.
I don't know how this will help you in the right here and now.
I follow the school of "Soil Mineral" The Handbook of the perfect soil it states that the Ca. and Mg. base saturation rate should add up to 80% of your mixes base ratios.
65%-15%----70% -10% calcium to magnesium with K between 3-5%.
Logan Labs uses this format!!!
Ratz wishing you the best.:tiphat:

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ratzilla,

The standard format is the same for any real lab.

There are lots of problems at Logan, their numbers are all over the place.

If you read Astera, I am in his first book. If you read the Amazon critiques you will understand why I am not in his second book. haha..

I prefer to use a more professional lab that is much more consistent internally, who does not have a dyslexic digitizer and who will do the other processes to eliminate the over estimation of calcium which is common with soils that are amended with Ca Carbonate or oyster shells, etc...

This link may help you understand. http://goo.gl/tu1id6

If you have calcium being way over estimated with M3, your K, Mn and Na are way under estimated.

Been doing this for 30 year, a lot of what Astera wrote about alkaline soils he picked up off of a couple of forums that I am active on. The rest he copied from other authors or as Astera says, he took his best guess (yuk).

A number of good friends have had the same problem with Logan.

corky1968

Veteran
There's a ranch on the other end of the valley from where I live, their world renowned for their red/black Angus. I went to one of their auctions this summer, their cheapest cow sold for $2800, a prized bull sold for $12000,

Crazy , never seen anything like it. I guess they have 105 years of high altitude prized genetics.

Here's an idea;

A person could grow and sell two pounds of weed to buy a cow. :laughing:

If you get 4 oz per plant that's just 8 plants. :bigeye:

I can see somebody doing this. LOL

:party:

cbcool

I just watered in some powdered milk , 20g and one gal H2O on three of the sicker looking plants as a test run. I have to run down to the garden and take pics of the three plants so I can visualize any difference before and after.

cbcool

I've never liked chocolate, but I've heard it's an aphrodisiac!!! Do you think it would make the plants horny???

Latest posts

Latest posts