What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I Love to Eat Raw Cannabis!

mark6699331

I ate a raw bud back in the mid-eighties as a kid, and got high as ferk, but it didn't hit me till like 6 hours later in the middle of the night. I could barely walk.

Having said that, it seems i've read that eating raw cannabis isn't good for your stomache. Isn't there very sharp molecules that need to be broken down for digestion. Someone please chime in here if i'm wrong, but i thought raw canna could cause stomache bleeding etc with those little hook like structures on the buds.

m

T

Truthman

Sam_Skunkman said:
I have no problem listening to others, but I do have a problem with statements I do not think is backed by any science. If I am wrong please explain how THCA is decarboxylated by lipase enzymes, if it works at all which I doubt, it is not an effective way to decarboxylate THCA, and then you end up with THCA in the blood and brain not THC.

-SamS

I meant to state that the thca is hydrolyzed not decarboxylate but for some reason I couldn't edit it.

As far as the aloe vera gel scientist don't know why or how it works but it does.

Here's more info(there are more links but you can go to google for more info):
http://www.nutritionhealthinfo.com/aloe_vera/

"Vitamin Absorption Improves through the Use of Aloe Vera

In September 2002, breakthrough research conducted by University of Scranton scientists on the use of Aloe vera was presented at the International Aloe Science Council (IASC) annual conference. Lead researcher, Dr. Joe A. Vinson, described the research study demonstrating increased bioavailability of vitamins C and E when taken in combination with Aloe vera. The study was a human clinical trial whereby test subjects were given doses of vitamin C or E with or without Aloe. Blood samples were taken at the start of the trial, before the administration of the vitamins, and periodically for 24 hours after the administration of blinded test samples. The blood plasma was then analyzed to determine the level of concentration of each vitamin absorbed. The results of the trial show that Aloe vera improves the absorption of both vitamin C and E. The absorption is slower and the vitamins last longer in the blood plasma with Aloe vera. Researchers concluded that the intake of Aloe vera should be considered as a way to complement vitamins C and E. More research in this area will help to confirm these findings. Source: International Aloe Science Council."

T

Truthman

Sam_Skunkman said:
By the way for your info I was veg for 12+ years and grew avacados, apples, and more by the acre organicly in Calif for years.

-SamS

That's nice but(no offence) that doesn't mean you were eating and living right because exercise plays a big part of how the food gets used in the body.

In fact a lot of vegetarians are in worse health conditions than non-vegetarians due to not eating foods in the right balance.

BTW, I'm a vegetarian too.

May I ask why you stopped because I remember on OG you stated you don't worry about your diet and as long as it taste good you will eat it?.

I specifically remember this because someone was claiming how healthy foods effect the high and you came in and said you LIKED the racy heartbeat and paranoid high and this is why you like high concentrates so you aren't worried about what you eat.

Last edited:
T

Truthman

Jon said:
I've got a high tolerance for pot. Seriously high. I smoke everynight before bed and I usually have a half a joint as soon as I get off work. (I don't drive) So I'm going to give the avacado and lemon juice a try soon. Do you have any measurements you recommend Truthman?

Experience is the key. You can say all the scientific stuff in the world, but if this works then I may find my favorite way of medicating.

Just mash up an avocado with the herb and the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon or lime and let it sit for 5-10 minutes and just use the way you like.

I don't know how strong your herb is so I don't know how much to recommend but start off with .5 a gram.

Also, try to do it in the day time and in sunlight to help speed up the process because sunlight helps release serotonin and this will help speed up the process as far as mental effects. Peace.

B

British_Bulldog

Sam - I appreciate your suggestion of experimentation with direct comparisons, which is scientifically sound, but I know from eating raw hash and bud for 15 years that if I eat either a raw bud or one cooked in food, I'll still get blitzed. btw: I have eaten commercial hash and also homemade freshly hand pressed hash, both got me high. The only downside I've heard of on one website with eating commercial hash could be the risk of contracting hepatitis, probably from eating someone's blood maybe?

Truthman - thanks for the suggestions about how to improve the high from ingestion - I'll give them a go and see how it goes for me, but I do appreciate the tips ;)

About my lifestyle btw, I have a very healthy and balanced diet, with correct amounts of protein, carbohydrate and fat, and have fresh fruit and vegetables every day. I also exercise a lot, and in total have about 5 medium sized meals throughout the day/evening, and as such my metabolism is very high.

I think this definately helps, but my sensitivity to drugs is just my brain/body chemistry.

For example, when I have a headache or cold, whereas other people (in the UK at least) have upto 2 paracetamol every 4 hours, I have a quarter of a tablet or maybe half if I'm really bad --- eating a full tablet would knock me out and put me to sleep.

Another example is I remember having an ibuprofen tablet for dental treatment and had all the symptoms of overdose - not good - not quite enough to go to the hospital, but if I'd had anymore I would have.

It was a similar situation for illegal drugs when I was younger too.

These are all factors contributing to my situation, but for me eating is a better experience than smoking, as it's deeper, more profound, healthier and long lasting. I've also never had *any* stomach upset, pain or discomfort from eating bud. I also prefer to eat dry bud, not wet.

PS. I also heard a story when I was a teenager that a local dealer ate an ounce of medium-grade hash during a police raid, and was high for a week as a result....I think I would be too, lol

Peace

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Truthman,
Funny I do not watch my diet, I eat what taste good to me. I have for a long long time. I also do not get colds, everyone around me seems to get at least one cold a year, I am more like once every few year at the most. Maybe once in five. I tell everyone that it is from smoking Cannabis resin, but to be honest I don't know why.

Now as for THC being hydrolyzed what good is that? Either the THCA is delivered via the to the blood and brain or the THCA is decarboxylized and THC is delivered to the blood and brain. Actually when you eat THC the liver metabolizes the THC into 11-hydroxy-THC which is even more active then THC. The liver and body converts a very small amount of the THCA into THC, but the rest is wasted. Why waste the THC? Where as if you smoke the THC it is delivered mostly as THC to the blood and brain avoiding the liver.
**Please post any research you have that shows the body can make THC available from THCA?

"Vitamin Absorption Improves through the Use of Aloe Vera"

WTF does this have to do with THCA or improving the effects of THC? I do not see the link. THCA is not a vitamin.

"That's nice but(no offence) that doesn't mean you were eating and living right because exercise plays a big part of how the food gets used in the body."

I beg to differ that there is no right way to eat and live, there is only personal preferences, altho "some" people seem to think their way is the only right way.

"May I ask why you stopped because I remember on OG you stated you don't worry about your diet and as long as it taste good you will eat it?.

"I specifically remember this because someone was claiming how healthy foods effect the high and you came in and said you LIKED the racy heartbeat and paranoid high and this is why you like high concentrates so you aren't worried about what you eat."

I maybe did say that... And I do like racy, paranoid, speedy, up, clear, psychedelic, Cannabis, like the Original Haze. But the effects of Cannabis are mostly controlled by the compounds in the Cannabis with the THC. I am not saying that diet has no effect but not much. Except for maybe fasting.
You need to realize that not everyone is looking for the same type of high that you are, some people want much diffferent type highs, it is not bad or wrong, it is just different from your preference. I don't like couchlock Indicas, but I don't say they are wrong or bad it is all just personal choice. I understand why some people prefer to blot out reality, and it is their choice.

British Bulldog,
"These are all factors contributing to my situation, but for me eating is a better experience than smoking, as it's deeper, more profound, healthier and long lasting. I've also never had *any* stomach upset, pain or discomfort from eating bud. I also prefer to eat dry bud, not wet."

Do you understand that smoking THC delivers THC to the blood and brain while eating delivers 11 Hydroxy-THC to the blood and brain? That is why the effects are different, 11 Hydroxy THC is more potent and slightly different in effects.
Why do you prefer dry bud over wet?
As for imported hash be carefull hand pressed hash has been found with fecal matter in it from the hands of farmworkers who do not use toilet paper when they wipe their ass.

"Sam - I appreciate your suggestion of experimentation with direct comparisons, which is scientifically sound, but I know from eating raw hash and bud for 15 years that if I eat either a raw bud or one cooked in food, I'll still get blitzed."

I'd be happy to read the results of a real direct comparison of the exact same amount both THCA and THC form. I have done this several times in the past the decarboxylated always was more potent, much more. Do it and let us know what you think. Be sure the materials used is not decarboxylated, you will need that to start with, so that rules out any commercial hash.

About 30 years ago I made some no cook candies out of a 1/2 lb of Original Haze, I made about 200, just a warm ghee extract squeezed through a juice press cloth to remove all the solids and then mixed with enough powdered sugar and cholate powder to make it almost soild. They were the best tasting and smelling Candies I have ever made, unbelievable, if you shut your eyes you could taste and smell every nuance in the extract, tasted like the best bud in the world...Like sucking the air out of a big bag of perfect buds.
Anyway me and Rob Clarke ate several of the candies each and were surprised how even if they tasted great, how mild they were. So the next day I took several and put them in a double boiler and decarboxylated them, then we ate them again. WOW we could not hardy walk, way, way more potent.
Maybe if others do this they will find the same.

But I am not gonna beat a dead horse, you all can all eat your Cannabis anyway you like, I was just tring to inform...

-SamS

Last edited:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
amongst hippies in my area what you say in your last paragraph was common knowledge for well over 25 years as well. any smart hippy knows this :D

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
FYI,

Ninety-five percent of the THC present in the Cannabis plant is found in a pharmacologically inactive form, i.e. one of two delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acids (THCA) (Turner 1980), while the majority of biological effects are caused by the corresponding neutral phenolic forms of THC (Dewey 1986). Thus the question arises to what extent the total amount of THC species detected in food is pharmacologically active.

A conversion of THC acids into the pharmacologically active phenols-chemically a decarboxylation process (separation and release of carbon dioxide)-is accomplished most effectively by heating. A heating for five minutes to 200 to 210°C was found to be optimal for decarboxylation (Brenneisen 1984). Under these conditions, THCA was completely converted into neutral THC, while avoiding the subsequent oxidation to cannabinol (CBN). When marijuana is smoked and temperatures of 600° C are reached, obviously only a few seconds are sufficient for decarboxylation.

A much more gradual decarboxylation occurs at room temperature. Hence, after marijuana has been stored for a year, up to 50% of its THCA had been converted into the active, neutral THC (Brenneisen 1984). However, storage also leads to a decrease in total THC content as THC oxidizes to neutral CBN, a non-psychotropic cannabinoid (Fairbairn 1976). The total THC content of marijuana dropped to 87% after 47 weeks of storage in the dark (20° C) and to 64% with exposure to light (Fairbairn 1976). Since THC in food is not protected by the plant's glands, as it is in marijuana, THC present in food is converted much faster into CBN. This is suggested by experiments with powdery Cannabis resin and alcoholic extracts (Fairbairn 1976).

Baker et al. (1981) analyzed 64 marijuana samples (Cannabis herb) and 26 hashish samples (Cannabis resin) for their relative amounts of THCA and THC, and found a wide range of ratios, especially in marijuana. In Cannabis resin, the ratio ranged between 0.5 to 1 and 6.1 to 1. Lower rates, corresponding to a low THCA fraction, were found in Cannabis samples from the Indian subcontinent, whereas samples originating from Mediterranean countries displayed higher rates. It may be assumed that much of the THC in cold-pressed hemp oil and other hemp based food is present in the form of the biologically inactive tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, as long as heating during the production process was insufficient for effective decarboxylation. Thus, for a realistic toxicological assessment of food, the concentration of phenolic THC must be determined. Only few studies have examined the percentage of pharmacologically inactive THC-acids in hemp based food. In a study of 10 commercially available hemp oils in Switzerland, THC-acids generally constituted less than 10% of the total THC-content (Lehmann et al. 1997). Thus, in this case the by far larger fraction was biologically active.
When orally ingested, the systemic bioavailability of the lipophilic THC molecule is typically 5-10%. However, it may be doubled when simultaneously applying a lipophilic carrier (fat, oil), thereby improving THC resorption. Thus the bioavailability is typically somewhat less than that via inhalation. The rate of intake also depends on additional factors, such as the fullness of the stomach, and varies between individuals. After oral administration of 15-20 mg THC, plasma levels peak at approximately 5 ng/ml THC, typically after 1-3 hours, with a large inter- and intra-individual variability. The subjective psychotropic effect has its onset after 30-90 minutes and lasts for about 6 hours. In order to achieve acute effects, considerably higher oral doses are required than with inhalation because of the slower intestinal resorption of THC and the somewhat lower bioavailability.

Factors reducing the biological efficacy of THC
Since they may strongly affect the biological efficacy of THC, two aspects have to be considered in connection with oral THC intake with food:
• THC must be consumed in its phenolic form in order to be bio-logically effective. However, in unprocessed hemp plants, THC occurs in the form of its largely ineffective carboxylic acid (THCA). It is decarboxylated, i.e., converted into its active form, primarily by heat during baking and other forms of food processing, and when smoked. Thus, largely unprocessed foods, such as cold-pressed oils, may be permitted to contain larger fractions of pharmacologically non-efficacious THC carboxylic acids.
• The degree of THC absorption by the human intestines also depends on the physical and chemical properties of the carrier. Generally, lipophilic carriers, such as oils, promote absorption. In our study, this most un-favorable case, (i.e., maximum absorption of THC), was assumed for the determination of the maximum daily dose of 10 mg. If present in less fatty matrices, such as breads, pastries or drinks (hydrophilic environment), the bioavailability of THC is typically reduced by 50%.

As you can see above anything that heats the THC will begin to decarboxylate the THCA into THC. Like pressing oil from seeds or any baked goods which will be mostly converted.
-SamS

Last edited:

Big Brother

Hey Indicad2006

Hey Indicad2006

Hey.... Indicad2006, I like to grow a few Hendu Kush planst in the fall indoors so that I can use it to cook with, I have food grinder and I put it on my spagethi and eating like eragno and make butter and put into my sweets around the holidays and when I take my vacation and can take the smoke with me I basically cook a lot of butter and bake with it it. :joint:

i like to eat the shake and resin left over from the bottoms of my storage jars, try chewing gum until the flavor is lost then with your finger collect your shake and continue chewing the gum adding your shake into the mix.. bubblejane bubble gum. delicious.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Does it get you high? It should not work very good compared to if you heated the resin first to decarboxylate the THCA to THC.

-SamS

B

British_Bulldog

Sam_Skunkman said:
British Bulldog,

Do you understand that smoking THC delivers THC to the blood and brain while eating delivers 11 Hydroxy-THC to the blood and brain? That is why the effects are different, 11 Hydroxy THC is more potent and slightly different in effects.

Yes I did know that but thanks for the info all the same.

Sam_Skunkman said:
Why do you prefer dry bud over wet?

I've always considered wet weed more toxic, and when it's dried and cured it's chemical structure changes. I don't have any scientific references to back this up, but maybe you could comment on it.

Also, I like the taste better when it's dried and cured; more flavourful.

Sam_Skunkman said:
As for imported hash be carefull hand pressed hash has been found with fecal matter in it from the hands of farmworkers who do not use toilet paper when they wipe their ass.

That's a disgusting thought, but a valid point too, lol. Yes, we've probably all smoked some sh!t, literally, in our time, but hopefully not too much, lol.

Fortunately hand pressed hash has been rarely available in the UK for a long time, and the only times I've smoked any hand pressed import in the last 12 years was in the Netherlands.

Sam_Skunkman said:
I'd be happy to read the results of a real direct comparison of the exact same amount both THCA and THC form. I have done this several times in the past the decarboxylated always was more potent, much more. Do it and let us know what you think. Be sure the materials used is not decarboxylated, you will need that to start with, so that rules out any commercial hash.

Ok I'll do a science test for you Sam, lol, in the interests of validated field results. I'll have to wait for a bit though, as all I have available to me at the moment is commercial hash, albeit good stuff (I'm no longer in the UK).

Sam_Skunkman said:
About 30 years ago I made some no cook candies out of a 1/2 lb of Original Haze, I made about 200, just a warm ghee extract squeezed through a juice press cloth to remove all the solids and then mixed with enough powdered sugar and cholate powder to make it almost soild. They were the best tasting and smelling Candies I have ever made, unbelievable, if you shut your eyes you could taste and smell every nuance in the extract, tasted like the best bud in the world...Like sucking the air out of a big bag of perfect buds.
Anyway me and Rob Clarke ate several of the candies each and were surprised how even if they tasted great, how mild they were. So the next day I took several and put them in a double boiler and decarboxylated them, then we ate them again. WOW we could not hardy walk, way, way more potent.

That's an interesting story and although you're name dropping Rob Clarke, I've respect for you and what you've done, and you can get away with it because you are a true player, so it's all cool, lol

I would probably get wasted on any of your candies Sam, especially Original Haze!

Sam_Skunkman said:
Maybe if others do this they will find the same.
But I am not gonna beat a dead horse, you can all eat your Cannabis anyway you like, I was just tring to inform...

This I found a bit strange - I got your meaning I think, but think it's an American thing. My interpretation is "I'm not going to tell you what to do, you can eat all your Cannabis anyway you like, I was just trying to inform..."

However the "I'm not going to beat a dead horse" in England means "I'm not going to go on about it, as I can see there's no point", so quite a rude statement and I don't think you meant that, especially as you added "I was just trying to inform", or maybe it's the same as the British version and you did mean it like that, lol.

I'm always looking for the good in people, lol.

If you did mean it in the rude way, then it's particularly strange because underneath you post a huge discourse with referenced quotes on exactly the same subject, which is exactly "beating a dead horse" if you don't think anyone's bothered or interested in what you say about eating cannabis in the ways you suggest.

LoL, oh well, the internet's great for misunderstandings on tone, expression, etc, lol

Peace

Last edited:

LiLNuK

Wow interesting posts as usual Sam.
So cannabutter would be an effective way for making potent edibles?
Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
The last sentence "beat a dead horse"....was not directed at you but at any readers who did not agree with what I said.

-SamS

Greens

Sam_Skunkman said:
The last sentence "beat a dead horse"....was not directed at you but at any readers who did not agree with what I said.

-SamS

Hehe, you are awesome, Sam! :muahaha:

Yeah, you'd have to eat a shitload of raw herb to get stoned. I'm not saying that eating it raw might not have some other positive effects. However, if you want to get high, you should cook it first (or just vape it). I don't recommend smoking because it's bad for your health (but that'll get you high too, hehe). As for pot getting you in touch with god, well hmmmm, maybe I won't go there. lol.

Greens

This will get you high and might even make you think you are in touch with god (but you won't be of course because...):

Last edited:

Greens

Someone mentioned something about using lemon juice or avocados to get more high. This actually might make sense.

There is evidence that shows, as Sam knows as well as I do, that terpenoids found in cannabis can actually get you more high when combined with THC. These terpenoids don't necessarily get you more high, but they affect the NATURE of the high you get.
Limonene, is a terpenoid found in cannabis and also lemons. It actually smells lemony. Combined with THC, limonene make the high hit you faster and makes the experience more uplifting and powerful. Carotene, which is found in some varieties of cannabis, carrots and also avacodos I believe, has a somewhat similar effect when combined with THC. So, if you were to drink lemon juice before you smoked some bud, maybe the limonene from the lemons actually has an affect on the high.

Greens

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Maybe. I don't know how much Terpenoids inter-react with THC when eaten, I have not done much research or testing. Smoking THC with the right terpenoids is for sure effective, eating I am just not sure. Eating is very different, first of all you get high on 11-Hydroxy-THC not THC, like when Cannabis is smoked. Testing for actions by smoking takes a few hours, but you know the answer pretty fast. With eating it can take hours and hours for the test and results, besides that I just don't eat Cannabis products very often. Someone needs to test all the Cannabinoids and terpenoids, seperate and together, by eating and let me know the results. Will take a while to do the work, and without pure THC, CBD, CBC, CBN, CBG, THCV, as well as the Terpenoids you want to try, the work can not be done.
Until then any postulation is just guessing.

-SamS

B

British_Bulldog

I've bought an avocado today and will try eating it with some commercial hash asap.

It will be interesting to see if it gets me more high :)

Peace

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I eat avocados several times a week, does it help with getting you higher smoking hash? I don't know because I just ate two avocados and am much to stoned to tell. LOL...

-SamS

B

British_Bulldog

Well, I tried eating about a quarter of a gram of top quality commercial hash last night with an avocado.

It wasn't exactly a scientific test, because I'd already had a pizza, which although Italian and with less cheese than an American pizza, it had fat from the cheese and also probably some extra virgin olive oil in there too.

So, the pizza could've/should've had an influence too on the effect, but basically I got very high, then wasted and it ended up knocking me out into a coma-like state...I ate it at around 7pm, felt the high properly by about 8.30pm, and crashed out and fell asleep on the sofa around 11pm. I woke up at 6am with ravenous munchies and ate for about an hour before falling asleep again until 10am, still stoned, laughing to myself about some stuff in the shower, still had red eye, had a bong, put some eye drops in and then went to work, lol

All in all good but I'd like to have stayed awake a bit longer...the high also seemed more profound with the avocado, but further testing is required ;) :) lol

Peace

Last edited: