What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I Love to Eat Raw Cannabis!

T

Truthman

Here's another reason why cannabis users should eat the nuts and avocado with the herb as well as take nutritional supplements like vitamin C and bioflavonoids, which also make the herb more potent in its high without any problems such as anxiety and paranoia.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11415485&dopt=AbstractPlus

Dietary intake and nutritional status of US adult marijuana users: results from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.
Smit E, Crespo CJ.

Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, SUNY School of Medicine, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA. esmit@buffalo.edu

OBJECTIVES: This study examined dietary intakes and nutritional status of marijuana users and non-current marijuana users in US adults aged 20 to 59 years. METHODS: We used data from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III), 1988-1994. Information on self-reported drug use, including marijuana, was obtained as part of the NHANES III physical examination component. Nutritional status was assessed using height and weight, and blood biochemistries. Dietary intake was assessed using a 24-hour recall and a food-frequency questionnaire. RESULTS: Among adults 20-59 years of age, 45% reported ever having used marijuana in their lifetime. A total of 8.7% reported using marijuana in the past month. Current marijuana users had higher intakes of energy and nutrients than non-current marijuana users; however, body mass index (BMI) was slightly lower. We found higher cigarette-smoking rates and higher consumption of sodas and alcohol, specifically beer, among marijuana users than among non-current marijuana users. Marijuana users also consumed more sodium, fewer fruits, and more pork, cheese, and salty snacks. Nutritional status, using indicators of serum nutrients, serum albumin, haematocrit and haemoglobin, was similar between marijuana users and non-current marijuana users. Serum carotenoid levels were lower among marijuana users, independent of cigarette smoking. CONCLUSION: Dietary intake was different among marijuana users than among non-current marijuana users. Although overall nutritional status was similar, serum carotenoid levels were lower in marijuana users. The long-term health effects of these differences in marijuana users deserve careful consideration in future research.

PMID: 11415485 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Last edited:
B

British_Bulldog

Over the years, I've eaten a lot of raw herb, and also lots of hash, and have always enjoyed the longer, deeper high/stone it gives.

The article quoted in this thread states the following:

By consuming Cannabis in its RAW NATURAL STATE you can:

Heal yourself of any illness
Rebuild and strengthen your immune system
Activate your Light Body
Commune with your higher-self, GOD.

Based on extensive personal experience:

- Eating raw cannabis does not heal you of any illness

- It depletes your immune system and makes you more susceptible to illness; colds, flu, etc

- I've never heard of "activating your Light Body" - sounds like broken English to me. It certainly gives you a good buzz, for a long time, but I'm not down with it "activating your Light Body"

- to "commune with your higher-self, GOD" sounds like more broken English to me, but if it's supposed to mean 'communicate with your God', then I guess for a religious person it would certainly help, but I'm not religious, so it matters not to me, but I will say that it helps you to achieve a higher state of consciousness, especially in combination with meditation.

Peace

oaktree

I want to try this eating raw cannabis, during harvest i'll take the popcorn nugs and put them in a salad like cooked cook did. sounds like fun. I like this thread lots of information not just about weed. Thank you all

Peace

raw buds are delicious

raw buds are delicious

I know some kids in california that only eat it raw(dont smoke) as its part of their bigger philosophy of not eating anything thing cooked. Everybody should try it. Delicious and the high is much smoother.

E

EatCannabisRaw

Actually I prefer to eat it raw too. I eat mainly raw living foods... I seriously just vibrate at a higher level when I eat foods picked ripe off the plant...

Its not that I purposely -try- to not smoke... its that... i simply do not want to anymore. Its just not my thing anymore. Which is weird in some ways since, well... I never thought I would say that.

I like raw yerba mate better than cooked (heated in tea form you could say)...
Same with herb...

I think making a sun tea would be good tho, but haven't tried it.

rastamonunika

awesome posts truthman! thanks for the scientific background of it all, i love knowledge!

enjoy in joy!

infinite Love
unika

Jon

British_Bulldog said:
Over the years, I've eaten a lot of raw herb, and also lots of hash, and have always enjoyed the longer, deeper high/stone it gives.

The article quoted in this thread states the following:

Based on extensive personal experience:

- Eating raw cannabis does not heal you of any illness

- It depletes your immune system and makes you more susceptible to illness; colds, flu, etc

- I've never heard of "activating your Light Body" - sounds like broken English to me. It certainly gives you a good buzz, for a long time, but I'm not down with it "activating your Light Body"

- to "commune with your higher-self, GOD" sounds like more broken English to me, but if it's supposed to mean 'communicate with your God', then I guess for a religious person it would certainly help, but I'm not religious, so it matters not to me, but I will say that it helps you to achieve a higher state of consciousness, especially in combination with meditation.

Peace

My interpretation of that last part is that when you discover your higher-self, you discover that the diety, God, is within all of us and his presence is merely a manifestation of everybody's belief in him/it/her. I'm a Christian (definitely non-orthodox though) and I believe that to an exent.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
EatCannabisRaw said:
I love raw cannabis. I took a few pinches... seriosly the amount of maybe 1/4 of a joint...popped it into my mouth, downed it with a bit of water. And I feel great right now.

Raw cannabis baby... feel it.

Unbelievable, that anyone is so ignorant they would recomend eating raw Cannabis. If there is any advantage I am missing?

Truthman,
Truthman said:
"Cannabis can be eaten raw and still be effective because the body has enough heat to get the reactions going to start the decarboxylation with enzymes BUT the secret is eating it with WHOLE fatty foods..."

What temp do you think decarboxylation takes place at? Over 200F!! What are the "enzymes" that do this in the human body?

The truth of course is that unheated, non-decarbozylated raw eaten Cannabis will only give you a small amout of the potential high. Try eating the same amout that has been decarboxylated and you will see.
Also eating raw Cannabis will give most people gas, you will get burps that taste just like the herb.

When herb is grown virtually all of the THC is in the form of THCA, even after drying and long storage the vast majority is in the form of THCA.

If you are naive enough to listen to the advice to eat Cannabis raw at least try the same with Cannabis that has been decarbozylated say a cookie baked with the same amount of the same herb. Then comment.

-SamS

Last edited:
B

British_Bulldog

Sam, I know you're very knowledgable, but I feel I must comment here.

I've eaten raw herb and hash many hundreds of times, probably in the thousands, and have always had a good effect from it.

The effect, for me, of eating it raw or decarbed is very similar.

Maybe I am a rare example of someone who can get (very!) high eating a small bud or piece of hash, and if that's the case, I'm thankful I'm able to do that.

I will say that I'm sensitive to all drugs, prescription or not, and so maybe that has a strong bearing on my situation?

However, it's good that I am sensitive anyway because I don't need to consume as much, but I can still have what other stoners would consider a reasonable amount before not needing anymore, so I'm not a complete lightweight, lol

I also like the highest quality possible, to make my intake of waste materials less.

So, I'm definately not naïve like you think the other posters are, and do appreciate your info, but you must also keep an open mind that there are people out there who still get very wrecked from eating a small raw bud or little piece of raw hash.

I try to consume raw products with a dairy-based product, as I've read so much about it being helpful, but still get high without, and a good friend of mine does too - it's always been strange for me and my mate to hear people say that you *need* to decarb to get high or you *need* a dairy product for it to work.

I think your point is you get *more* high when you decarb, which may well be true, but for me I get so high already from eating raw, that it's not the case for me to have to bake cookies in order to get sufficiently high.

Peace

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Well I don't know what to say, I also have eaten and made cooked and uncooked Cannabis edibles many many times and have found a very big difference that anyone should notice.
The easiest way to see the difference is to make some no bake candies with resin or bud extracted with no heat, and then take a small amount of it and eat it then use the exact same amount of the same no bake candies and put some in a double boiler for 1/2 hour with the lid on. Then eat the same weight of cookie that you tried the previous day with no-bake. No difference?
Then maybe were you using hash that was heat pressed at manufacturing time? Most imported commercial is. Because then it is all decarboxylated and not raw. I also have seen a difference between raw fresh cut buds and raw dried bud, I found raw fresh bud the worst for me.
I find that the best is ghee extracts of resin, not bud, but I have made ghee extracts of bud that was killer, I like the extract because the non-glandular trichomes and maybe other things in the plant give me gas if I eat very much. You can make ghee extracts very very potent that taste like pepper and fire to the tongue, just a few drops per portion of a candy or cookie to be made.

Anyway I think it is interesting if anyone has truely eaten the exact same raw unheated Cannabis product and the same weight baked in a cookie?
I hope you raw eaters are also mixing the raw Cannabis with a bit of oil like butter or ghee or olive oil? It makes the THCA much more accessible to the body, but remember THCA is not particularly active anyway.

-SamS

Last edited:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Eating fresh cannabis or even cured cannabis to get high is a waste of time and cannabis I think.

T

Truthman

Sam, I have seen your post from back in the OG days and even though you have a lot of knowledge that most don't have, most of that knowledge is becoming apparent to others and just because you have scientist in your pocket to help you figure out details about certain things DOESN'T mean your right and everyone is wrong ESPECIALLY if the questions you are asking to be researched aren't what others are asking.

If you never eaten raw bud mashed in with avocados and lemon juice, how can you say it doesn't get you high?.

Just because you were told something years ago and asked the wrong questions doesn't mean you got the right answer.

For example adding aloe vera gel to the mix will keep the high going longer than normal as well as get you higher by bringing more of the cannabis into the system.

Most people don't know this and would laugh it off BUT it's true.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate you and the people you have worked with to bring in cannabis seeds from the old countries and breaded new potent varieties BUT that doesn't give you the right to shoot down somebody who lives a certain lifestyle, brought cannabis into it and is telling how it coincides with the lifestyle.

From what I read on a post you wrote on OG, you said you didn't care about eating healthy and you love the heart racing, paranoid high. Since you are this way and don't eat the foods that I claim are needed to get you high off of raw bud how can you say it doesn't work and to give you the temperature that it decarboxylates in the intestines?.

First, if you use your senses you will know that the enzymes which breakdown the fat in foods are the lipase enzymes and when you eat fatty foods specifically fats that the body can handle very easily such as nut oils and avocado oils, you will see that they get broken down by these enzymes. They also contain minerals and lecithin which help more of the oils get into the system and be used up instead of stored as fat which long chain vegetable oils do that aren't whole such as soy or canola oil and most animal fats.

If you eat these foods with cannabis the lipase enzymes will hydrolyze the cannabinoids that are binded to the fats and this is how it gets into the body. It doesn't need to decarboxylate, that is only needed when you are talking about situations outside of the body.

Don't take my comments about you as a form of disrespect I just think you should think twice about what you say if you don't have experience in certain things and listen to the people who do and decipher what is being said. Peace.

Last edited:
T

Truthman

British_Bulldog said:
Sam, I know you're very knowledgable, but I feel I must comment here.

I've eaten raw herb and hash many hundreds of times, probably in the thousands, and have always had a good effect from it.

The effect, for me, of eating it raw or decarbed is very similar.

Maybe I am a rare example of someone who can get (very!) high eating a small bud or piece of hash, and if that's the case, I'm thankful I'm able to do that.

I will say that I'm sensitive to all drugs, prescription or not, and so maybe that has a strong bearing on my situation?

However, it's good that I am sensitive anyway because I don't need to consume as much, but I can still have what other stoners would consider a reasonable amount before not needing anymore, so I'm not a complete lightweight, lol

I also like the highest quality possible, to make my intake of waste materials less.

So, I'm definately not naïve like you think the other posters are, and do appreciate your info, but you must also keep an open mind that there are people out there who still get very wrecked from eating a small raw bud or little piece of raw hash.

I try to consume raw products with a dairy-based product, as I've read so much about it being helpful, but still get high without, and a good friend of mine does too - it's always been strange for me and my mate to hear people say that you *need* to decarb to get high or you *need* a dairy product for it to work.

I think your point is you get *more* high when you decarb, which may well be true, but for me I get so high already from eating raw, that it's not the case for me to have to bake cookies in order to get sufficiently high.

Peace

I don't know what you're lifestyle is like but it sounds like your stomach is working at a high rate and is able to breakdown the proteins such as thca, and make the thc free.

Next time you est cannabis try to eat some avocado with the cannabis mashed in with some lemon juice and you should feel really high from that.

Anyway, I think that your story is a sign that you are in good health at least as far as digestion is concerned. Peace.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Truthman said:
Sam, I have seen your post from back in the OG days and even though you have a lot of knowledge that most don't have, most of that knowledge is becoming apparent to others and just because you have scientist in your pocket to help you figure out details about certain things DOESN'T mean your right and everyone is wrong ESPECIALLY if the questions you are asking to be researched aren't what others are asking.

If you never eaten raw bud mashed in with avocados and lemon juice, how can you say it doesn't get you high?.

I HAVE IT DOES NOT WORK WELL FOR ME.

Just because you were told something years ago and asked the wrong questions doesn't mean you got the right answer.

For example adding aloe vera gel to the mix will keep the high going longer than normal as well as get you higher by bringing more of the cannabis into the system.

EXACTLY HOW DOES THIS WORK ARE THE BLOOD THC LEVELS HIGHER? OR IS THE THCA DOING THIS?

Most people don't know this and would laugh it off BUT it's true.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate you and the people you have worked with to bring in cannabis seeds from the old countries and breaded new potent varieties BUT that doesn't give you the right to shoot down somebody who lives a certain lifestyle, brought cannabis into it and is telling how it coincides with the lifestyle.

MY ONLY PROBLEM IS WITH ERRORS LIKE

If you eat these foods with cannabis the lipase enzymes will hydrolyze the cannabinoids that are binded to the fats and this is how it gets into the body. It doesn't need to decarboxylate, that is only needed when you are talking about situations outside of the body.

CANNABIS IS NOT DECARBOXYLATED BY LIPASE ENZYMES PLEASE SHOW ME ANY REFERENCE TO THIS.

Don't take my comments about you as a form of disrespect I just think you should think twice about what you say if you don't have experience in certain things and listen to the people who do and decipher what is being said. Peace.

I have no problem listening to others, but I do have a problem with statements I do not think is backed by any science. If I am wrong please explain how THCA is decarboxylated by lipase enzymes, if it works at all which I doubt, it is not an effective way to decarboxylate THCA, and then you end up with THCA in the blood and brain not THC.

-SamS

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
By the way for your info I was veg for 12+ years and grew avacados, apples, and more by the acre organicly in Calif for years.

-SamS

Jon

I've got a high tolerance for pot. Seriously high. I smoke everynight before bed and I usually have a half a joint as soon as I get off work. (I don't drive) So I'm going to give the avacado and lemon juice a try soon. Do you have any measurements you recommend Truthman?

Experience is the key. You can say all the scientific stuff in the world, but if this works then I may find my favorite way of medicating.