What's new

I love the hottest peppers!

B

bonecarver_OG

:) if the nagas seem hot, stay far away from the trinidad scorpion morouga blends - the tsmb can get up to twice as hot as the nagas :)

they are nasty evil chilis that are on the verge of impossible to use :) even cooking up chili con carne or making a jerk sauce, one chili might be too much :D hehe i still got 99% of last years harvest still bagged up :) i got over a quarter kilo of dried TSMB's i really dont think i will use up ever hehe.. but still i planted 5 times the amount of plants of it this year..

btw - anybody grown the gambia red? its amazingly productive and fast grower - looks like it will get enormous!. interesting structure also since its kind of creeping along the ground atm.. highest part of the plant is maximum 30cm - but the width is close to 80cm

peace

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
just picked my 1st cayenne (i know its a pussy pepper..but they are tasty)... mildly warm.. cut it up and put it on a sandwich.. very tasty... my ghost/trinadad scorp's, still green...can't wait to try em...

nvthis

just picked my 1st cayenne (i know its a pussy pepper..but they are tasty)... mildly warm.. cut it up and put it on a sandwich.. very tasty... my ghost/trinadad scorp's, still green...can't wait to try em...

Haha! Jalaps are still one of my favorites and get planted plenty enough around here. Something about throwing them on the Q, wrapped in bacon and filled with cheese ;) Won't be doing THAT with any Trinidads..

My serronos and habs are blowing up and I have lots of chiles, but my ghosts are just lagging. They look healthy and I hope they catch up before it's too late, but not so much as a single flower yet... Slowest peppers in my garden so far :(

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Haha! Jalaps are still one of my favorites and get planted plenty enough around here. Something about throwing them on the Q, wrapped in bacon and filled with cheese ;) Won't be doing THAT with any Trinidads..

My serronos and habs are blowing up and I have lots of chiles, but my ghosts are just lagging. They look healthy and I hope they catch up before it's too late, but not so much as a single flower yet... Slowest peppers in my garden so far :(

yep agree jalaps for stuffin... i wont do it with even hab's...they are tooo hot... and also agree the ghosts/trin scorp's really lag.. prob 3/4 weeks behind they other hotties...

G

guest8905

my peppers r just about to explode with growth. Ive got a few varieties out, but moslt tobbasco and a few plants of this and that as well.

keeep it hot

oldguy

I took a whole bag down to my local pub and about 7 or 8 different people ate one. Was interesting seeing different reactions. One guy insisted it was not affecting him while sweat rolled off his forehead...lol

Those are the moments I enjoy! Watching them sweat maybe scream little in the bathroom insisting that it all cool. lol!

oldguy

:) if the nagas seem hot, stay far away from the trinidad scorpion morouga blends - the tsmb can get up to twice as hot as the nagas :)

they are nasty evil chilis that are on the verge of impossible to use :) even cooking up chili con carne or making a jerk sauce, one chili might be too much :D hehe i still got 99% of last years harvest still bagged up :) i got over a quarter kilo of dried TSMB's i really dont think i will use up ever hehe.. but still i planted 5 times the amount of plants of it this year..

btw - anybody grown the gambia red? its amazingly productive and fast grower - looks like it will get enormous!. interesting structure also since its kind of creeping along the ground atm.. highest part of the plant is maximum 30cm - but the width is close to 80cm

peace

Sound like the trinidad scorpion morouga blends would make great bear spray! HOT doggies indeed!

nvthis

Padrons are pretty damn good just pan fried and seasoned. They r not hot but is a great snack.

My Padrons were the first ones ready to pick this year. Ours weren't completely devoid of heat. We have been eating them str8 off the plant and they have a slight sting to them, but nothing even close to getting emotional about. Will have to try them fried. We also did Shishito peppers this year. I have had them fried at a Japanese place and they were pretty damn good. Those truly had no heat, they were just tastey..

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
. We also did Shishito peppers this year. I have had them fried at a Japanese place and they were pretty damn good. Those truly had no heat, they were just tastey..

mmmm.. various rest's we visit have shishito's i think they fry em a bit and then some sea salt on em... usually every 6-7 peppers is a hot one..or should i say mildly hot...very tasty

oldguy

Sauteed Shishito or Padrons are off the hook! I like adding garlic and sea salt to mine whenever I whip them up. Roasted ones are fantastic as well. Tons of recipes for them. I am looking at making pickled ones next. Cheers!

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
tabasco

picture.php

picture.php

oldguy

Them some nice looking pepper plants! Have you ever tried making some chili pepper water? Taste great on rice. Cheers

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Bummer... i thought i dug up a couple/few hab's last fall from the garden and wintered em in my greenhouse..come to find out as the fruit is appearing that none are habernos...:cry::cry::cry::

but i went to the local nursery today and bought a 6 pack of yellow and red hab's:woohoo::woohoo:

even better the cost 50c each + 9c tax.. total 1.09... yes they are small, but in 60days i'll def have pickable hab's... yessss...

oldguy

I'm currently working with some capsicum annuum and capsicum frutescen. Trying to get these babies acclimated from the hawaiian islands to the pac nw is some what interesting to say the least. Cant wait for these babies to finally produce once I get to that point though. Cheers!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
c. annuum are quite easy to grow in almost all climates, and most of the frutescents grow well even in the north hemisphere, but they do tend to flower and fruit later than c. annuums.

good luck with them! :wave:

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I was going to say, anticipation is a bitch, I just have little flowers on my plants and I want them to be big red ripe peppers right freakin' now!!! :woohoo:

just picked another (still) green ghost... only have 2 words...holy shit... just bit the tip... and we are still burning a good 10mins later...holy shit... can't imagine how hot they will be when they turn red/orange...wow...