What's new

I love the hottest peppers!

jarmon

ya those Peruvian whites are nice,

I got a question for anyone in this thread. If you've ever had Peruvian Chicken done in Peru or a authentic Peruvian restaurant. Peruvian Chicken comes with 3 sauces green( cilantro based) red and Yellow. What im looking for is the correct yellow pepper used in this sauce and not any yellow pepper will do. I can get the correct yellow peppers preserved in a jar imported from Peru, from a couple Peruvian specialty stores.

But its just labeled yellow pepper. Ive tried to germinate seed i got out of those peppers but haven't had any luck. Anybody?

It's funny you have the opposite problem to what I had. I grew the yellow aji's but then wasn't sure what recipe to use them in. Do you have a link for the yellow chicken sauce? I had lots of hot sauces in Peru but dont remember the yellow one. I was really keen on the chiles rellenos they made with rocoto's but unfortunately couldnt get the seeds to germinate and they are not so common here in Australia although I'm sure I can get some more seeds.

I will post some pics when I find them but you can tell the c.baccatum by the green spots on the flower petals.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
just picked my 1st ghost pepper...about 3inches, still green...zero heat...i have eaten sweet bells with more heat... guess it needs more time... altho i picked a cayenne yesterday, also green , 5'' long, while it was mild, still had a little heat...

so far disappointing... finally got some trinidad scop's to break ground.. hope global warmin stays with us for a few more months,,

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
why would you pick it green? wait till it gets red and ripe.. then it should be fire.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
i am like a child at xmas... can't wait to try one..hence the not waiting...now i will wait for em to turn red...

I was going to say, anticipation is a bitch, I just have little flowers on my plants and I want them to be big red ripe peppers right freakin' now!!! :woohoo:

jarmon

They should be hot enough when they are ripe. The ones I picked were almost too hot to use. Had to cut them in 1/4s. There can be a lot of variation in heat amongst a variety though. The yellow trinidad scorpions I grew are no where near as hot even though they are meant to be comparable in heat to the ghosts or red scorpions.

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's funny you have the opposite problem to what I had. I grew the yellow aji's but then wasn't sure what recipe to use them in. Do you have a link for the yellow chicken sauce? I had lots of hot sauces in Peru but dont remember the yellow one. I was really keen on the chiles rellenos they made with rocoto's but unfortunately couldnt get the seeds to germinate and they are not so common here in Australia although I'm sure I can get some more seeds.

I will post some pics when I find them but you can tell the c.baccatum by the green spots on the flower petals.

Here the green sauce recipe, Im trying to find the yellow and red recipe, they're hard copy only.

1/4 head of lettuce, torn into pieces (iceberg is fine, romaine is better)
3 jalapeno chiles, seeds and veins removed (I used a habanero from my garden- yep- very hot stuff though I only used one)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
5 green onions
1/2 bunch of cilantro leaves (try to avoid the stems)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder (I substituted with about 6-8 cloves of garlic- yea a lot)

(I used a blender instead of a food processor which meant I had to add about a 1/4 cup chicken broth to get it to move.)

Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until smooth. It should come out bright green in color.

Yellow Sauce Recipe

• One aji amarillo pepper, chopped and sauteed in oil(or 2 tablespoons aji amarillo paste)
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 2 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
  • Juice of 1-2 limes (to taste)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:

1. Coarsely chop the white parts of the green onions.
  2. Add the chopped onions with all the rest of the ingredients (except the salt and pepper) to the bowl of a food processor or blender.
  3. Process until mixture is smooth and creamy.
  4. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste, and chill until ready to serve.
Note: This sauce seems to taste even better after 24 hours in the refrigerator. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
back to front: fatalii, orange rocoto, yellow 7pot, tabasco

picture.php

left - chiltepin, right - pequin

picture.php

jarmon

Yep cheers for the yellow sauce recipe bro. I will have to try it with yellow habeneros as I don't have aji's at the moment but will do it properly next season.

meddy

Pics soon..

f5 serrabanero's...starting to turn from green to orange..scoville= 700.000...

fattalli's...= scoville =500,000

moruga trinidads from jim duffy...= 2.000.000..ow.

orange Ghost peppers..= 1.200.000.

7 pot barrackapores = 1.000.000..

sunrise scorpians? dont know..they look like 1.000.000 scoville though.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
^ where did you get those numbers?

i dont see how a serrano x habanero would be 2x hotter than a habanero.

ive also read fataliis were similar to a habanero heat wise... only ~300k scovilles.

ive got some sunrise scorps. they are still kinda small, though

What are you going to do with all those chillies s13sr20det? That's a whole lot of chilli!

ive just been dehydrating them so far... might sell some fresh pods in the fall. not exactly sure

oldguy

Good god, Clarence! Thats rated at about a million or so on the scoville ratings. Thats like inhaling pepper spray. That musta been a brave day fer ya. Cheers!

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Good god, Clarence! Thats rated at about a million or so on the scoville ratings. Thats like inhaling pepper spray. That musta been a brave day fer ya. Cheers!

I took a whole bag down to my local pub and about 7 or 8 different people ate one. Was interesting seeing different reactions. One guy insisted it was not affecting him while sweat rolled off his forehead...lol

Latest posts

Latest posts