What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
i think the bhuts are hotter than the trinidad scorpions because the heat is all over your mouth and the trinidad is mostly in the back of your throat. when i ordered my butch T seeds they sent some actual pods as samples, so thats all im going on. i would cut them up and put them under the skin of some chicken thighs before baking... yummmmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hwYI8Cc__0k#!

yes they are pretty damm hott but if ya cook with them not as bad also that salt that company made with the gost pepper doesnt over power with the heat ya can still taste the flavor good stuff.

B

bonecarver_OG

:) im sure the 7 pod "brainstrain" trinidad scorpion i got is going to be a bit on the hot side. it looks crazy. a wrinkly spike ball with a stinger.

Easygrowing

Veteran
3 coloured peppers on same plants-not chili.
picture.php

Eat good.Velbekommen

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
First Hab! :D

First Hab! :D

Quick shot of my first Habanero of the outdoor season,... backdrop of broccoli, Early Jalapeno, Serrano, Hungarian wax, and NewMexico Big Jim :tiphat:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2924.jpg
    IMG_2924.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 16
B

bonecarver_OG

is the serrano the red smooth one?

looks tasty!

the jalapeños i like for their flavour :) but also i should say if left to mature to full red they get pretty darn hot depending on strain. i means its not like habanero but similar to cayene etc. some can be even hotter :D

i think of all the chilis i grow the most tasty is the jalapeños. i cant help chop up 8 or so to cover a pizza. so nice flavour :D

peace

B

bonecarver_OG

awesome!!! i bet those are killer hot! :)

mine are very similar but green still. maybe i saw some beginning of colour on one of them today.

i would say there must be many different selections going on, since there is some small differences to my plant. in the one i got, there is a bit more exadgerated folds and pimples in the surface. many seem to be divided up in 4-5 "brain halfs" if that makes sence. looks very alien for sure!

the truth is most chili seed sellers dont do selective inbreeding since it just is too much work. i got a lot of variety in pod shapes and sizes in most of the varieties i got. maybe if i had several 7pods there would be different shapes too :D :D

also i read somewhere that the wrinkles and pimples gets more pronounced with hot climate, and maybe even that is part of it. we had record heat all summer with 40ºC most of the days. the truth is my meter in the garden says 45 to 50 in half shade. in full sun i dont even know what it could be - i destroyed one termometer allready!

Yarkand

My madame jeanette peppers.
very orange like flavor then goes into the typical shampoo flavor. I like to harvest them when they are light yellow not to dark of an orange as you see in the pics. When harvesting this late the peppers tend to taste like chemicals released from a bugs abdomen !

Madame Jeanette (Capsicum chinense) is a chili pepper originally from Suriname.

The fruits are shaped like small bell peppers but with Habanero-like heat. The peppers ripen to reddish-yellow but they are larger and not symmetrical. When raw, the taste is of a hot burning, with a very tasty flavor. It may be related to the Suriname Red (as this pepper is also known as 'Suriname Yellow').

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
is the serrano the red smooth one?

looks tasty!

the jalapeños i like for their flavour :) but also i should say if left to mature to full red they get pretty darn hot depending on strain. i means its not like habanero but similar to cayene etc. some can be even hotter :D

i think of all the chilis i grow the most tasty is the jalapeños. i cant help chop up 8 or so to cover a pizza. so nice flavour :D

peace

Yes Sir! :D

Serrano's are a might hotter than Jalapenos, still not as much as a Hab, great cooking pepper for spice or making red sauce.

My Jalapenos are actually pretty mild and sweet this year, which is great because I'm gonna do "Poppers" with em.

My favorite Popper recipe;

Remove the seeds from the raw Jalapeno, but keep the pod intact (I cut the top off and core it)
Stuff with cream cheese
Wrap with raw bacon

Place on cookie sheet and bake on low heat until bacon is crispy, F'n Yummy!!!!! :tiphat:

I think with the size of the Hab's I'm getting I'm gonna slip a couple of them in to a tray of poppers and see what happens :D

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
we make the poppers with a 1/4" sliver of hab laid length ways in the cream cheese, before the bacon.

also try adding some cooked sausage to your cream cheese for little extra step up...

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
we make the poppers with a 1/4" sliver of hab laid length ways in the cream cheese, before the bacon.

also try adding some cooked sausage to your cream cheese for little extra step up...

Oooohhhh! that sounds YUMMMY!! :tiphat:

I'm looking at doing some rellenos this week, thinking of stuffing the anahime and bigjim peppers with a mix of pepperjack, cream cheese, and sharp cheddar, then bacon wrapping before battering and deep frying.

Only concern is getting the bacon cooked all the way thru without burning the batter, wish me luck! :blowbubbles:

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
pop the bacon in the microwave for a couple of mins first, then deep fry or bake, you'll be golden :good:

B

bonecarver_OG

My madame jeanette peppers.
very orange like flavor then goes into the typical shampoo flavor. I like to harvest them when they are light yellow not to dark of an orange as you see in the pics. When harvesting this late the peppers tend to taste like chemicals released from a bugs abdomen !

yup some of the baccatums do that also.. starts with interesting fruit flavour, then a STRONG flavour of soap, and then comes the heat.

the funny part is that in the description when buying seeds this factor is conveniantly left out. but i can see why hehehe

luckilly when using it in sauces the soappy flavour dissapears.

B

bonecarver_OG

sounds tasty! i gotto try it!

edit - i checked on the brainstrain and yup - the first one is starting to get mature :) more red patches today :D

btw, anybody else noted the fact the first few fruits dont get at all as hot as they doo later?! allmost all i grown have been like that.

i took pics of the chilis today so i will go thru and select some pics to show :D :D

peace

Last edited:

Yarkand

yup some of the baccatums do that also.. starts with interesting fruit flavour, then a STRONG flavour of soap, and then comes the heat.

the funny part is that in the description when buying seeds this factor is conveniantly left out. but i can see why hehehe

luckilly when using it in sauces the soappy flavour dissapears.

Still the flavor when you eat one you know its madamme jeanette. Thats why you cant use it in everything, the flavor will still be there.
Thai birds eye chilli also has a special taste..

Love them all though.

ps made alot of hot sauce in my years but tried your recipe for simple vinegar hot sauce, will post a few picks tomorow. Was coughing like crazy in the begining when the water was evaporating :) very simple and tasty and all the flavor still there !

Going to try those poppers...bet my ass will pop next day too:tiphat:

B

bonecarver_OG

i think when it comes to simplity in sauces, it is what really brings out the flavours of the chili it self :) not adding salt, really makes a great difference in flavour.

now im looking for some jamaican jerk sauce recipes :) i tried a few but im sure i can find some oldeschool recipe on the web some where with luck :D