What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Three of my hot peppers from left to right are: The Ubatuba and two orange Habaneros, all in one gallon pots.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Hi: I always grow a few Carribean Red Hot because they grow easy and have a very good flavor for the chile. I have heard that Habanero and relatives love bone meal so I threw some in the mix this year. I used half garden soil, half Vital Earth Potting soil and some MMJ type tea. They are in flower pots on the patio and have a very good yield. My trouble is remembering to water every couple days.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
indian;
naga morich

Where's that strain place heat wise compared to Bhut Jolokia? (Sp?) I will be getting some of those seeds from the Hydro store once the pods are ripe,... and one or 2 pods to fuck with my buddies! :dance013:

I've been growing Bolivian Rainbow for about a year now, and indoors it's ok, but my 2 that I put on the front porch in 7 gallon decorative containers are killing it! :D Colorful bushes of slightly larger than candy corn size pods,.... haven't tasted any of the outdoor grown yet, mainly doing them as decorative, but the indoor are fire!

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Thanks Krull! :good:

I've had some chicken wings that were done up with a sauce concocted of Bhut,..... second wing had me drooling, by the fourth I was sweating and starting to tear up...... by the 11th you could about put a fire out with the amount of sweat coming out of me, my nose was running like a spigot, my legs were shaking uncontrollably, and my ears were ringing,.... So hot my F'n ears were ringing!!!!!! Didn't get the 12th one down......

Suffice to say tho, if there were any parasites in my intestines,.... they're dead now! ;)

I've got to go back and actually try the challenge! 12 wings, 10 minuets, clear the plate including the vegies and extra sauce (they give you a spoon for that! :eek: ) And your only allowed 1 beer during the course of it all.

Success means the wings and beer are free, you get a T-shirt and plaque on the wall.

I've done every other local wing places challenge,.... Typically 12 wings in 6 minuets or less no dip sauce no drinks or towels. ;)

B

bonecarver_OG

oops - i got a 7 pod jonah that looks like the brainstrain variety. it was in some gifted seeds i got from fatali.net

awesome.. i got several on the way. the two first ones are good size - a bit bigger than golf-balls.

i think im in for some heavyweigth chilisauce this winter!! this babies should kick the scoville rate rigth of the charts next time i do a reduced concentrate sauce!!!! :D

to make a reduced concentrate, fill a HUGE pot with chilis, add water to just cover it. boil untill you have 1/5 of original volume or less. at this stage, add about 25% vinegar. jar it and use spoon for scooping out goodness :D

the concentrate makes it a LOT stronger than the original chilis used. id love to find some place that does scoville testing. would be interesting for the future sauce cooking!!! :D :D

peace all and hope u all are having an AWESOME season!!

meddy

Red SAVINNA and Trinidad scorpion

Red SAVINNA and Trinidad scorpion

Red SAVINNA and Trinidad scorpion here's tomatoes as well...

Attachments

• nnn 001.jpg
    nnn 001.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 18
  • nnn 002.jpg
    nnn 002.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 14
  • nnn 006.jpg
    nnn 006.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 17
  • nnn 003.jpg
    nnn 003.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 19
  • nnn 004.jpg
    nnn 004.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 25
  • nnn 009.jpg
    nnn 009.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 12
  • nnn 012.jpg
    nnn 012.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 13
  • nnn 008.jpg
    nnn 008.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 16
  • nnn 010.jpg
    nnn 010.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 15
  • nnn 013.jpg
    nnn 013.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 16
B

bonecarver_OG

:) i bought both red savina and TS for next year amongst a lot more. i really like the look of them :D

nice spider :)

B

bonecarver_OG

i harvested today the first really mature incaberry :) bright orange and nice looking. the 6 plants of it got 1000's of fruits and are huge. i will propably keep seeds of it for next year. lots of vigour and very productive!

ill post about the flavour of the ripe fruit later :)

:)

update - sweet and fruity flavour at first. some acidic touches. after that comes a almost horrible soap-like flavour that fast is getting overtaken by the heat.

fairly hot. i think these are hotter than the cayennes i got. not killer heat, but very flavour-full. this should make a nice chili powder :D

Last edited:
M

michael68

awesome stuff bonercarver, you're a pepper master. :tiphat:

i can't wait for next year, i think i'll mostly do mine in pots. will probably just get the couple week old imported plants from the nursey as usual, our last from here is usually early april but the nights are fairly chilly until may. can i start seeds in mid april or w/e and will they grow fine? (outside temps about mid 30's-40's at night during that time but warm during the day)

also how about this soil mix, i'm curious if it will work for cannabis and peppers? (i'll of course add some dolomite lime and a little bone meal, etc.)

5 parts peat
3 parts compost
0.5 parts cow manure
1.5 parts perlite (15% perlite)

i need it to hold water pretty good since it's hot and dry here.

ty very much for any help.

B

bonecarver_OG

i planted many of my seeds in april and i think it was way too late. next year i will plant everything indoors under fluoros etc in december/january.

many varieties take forever to start bearing fruit properly.

for examples my 7 pod brainstrain or what ever TS hybrid it is, just started bearing fruit. im lucky my season will keep on for a good month or two more before the temps really should get too cold for them, so im sure i will harvest some anyway. the difference planting them 4 months earlier would have been HUGE.

i grow in the ground in amended beds, so im thinking of making a few small green houses over the varieties i want to keep for next year. also im tempted to dig out some and put them in pots to overwinter them on my terrace. im pretty happy with most strains i grown this year, but for i got two baccatums that are not too hot, so i wont over winter them atleast. also i got a gifted "zanahorio triangulo" that i dont know if it will be worth keeping, since its a really slow grower, and not a too big yielder.

anybody else gonna try over wintering the plants?

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
anybody else gonna try over wintering the plants?

I've got intentions of over wintering my Bolivian rainbows,... but they are already in pots, so all I have to do is bring them inside and put them in drip trays :D

I have a Habanero that is a bit over a year old now,... never been the greatest producer tho, so I think it's seen its last season in the window. :frown:

B

bonecarver_OG

putting the plants inside in drip trays should be easy thing. maybe u dont even need to cut back the branches..

what really does intruege me is to find out wich ones will be able to handle the below freezing temps while dormant. i will only use cover etc to make sure the sun does not dry out the cut back stems of the bushes, since without some shading, im sure the sun will scorch them.

the problem here is the night temps that in october/november start to go down below 10Cº. some might handle that well, others not.

anyway - i still got a month or two of season ahead, if not longer with some luck :D

my 7 pod is starting to get lots of fruits. annoying to hand-polinate.. but for sure it will be worth it :D never seen anything this ugly before in my life. so full of pimples and wrinkles it looks something between a spike ball and a brain. looks scary even green...

peace!

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Yeah, night time lows will be in the negatives here.... and that's on the Fahrenheit scale! :eek: So no overwintering an outdoor plant round these parts.

10c is 50f, It's already getting colder than that here, and my habs are just now comming in to season, you should be good ;)

awesome thread not to far were im from they have a company that makes all kinda spices and salts they also make a ghost pepper sea salt that is off the chain good. i have only grown peppers once think i might have to try it again now that my gardening skills have grown by leaps and bounds since then.