What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

B

bonecarver_OG

:) if anybody knows any good brand of food dehydrators (dryers) it would be awesome to get some tips of brands etc.

its really dificult to find here in spain, so im looking into finding US or UK / european companies that will deliver here...

peace all!

B

bonecarver_OG

awesome! thanks a bunch mate! saved me some bucks. i think fataliiseeds is quite crappy germing-wise this far. not even 50%of the seeds germ... comparing to sweet pepper and cayenne seeds i bought in normal supermarkets that germ 100%.. and the specific chili sellers hype the prices something rediculous.

im going to checck out semillas.de :D

edit - after check -
ah wow - the shop is placed in the island of palma in the cannary islands, so its actually a spanish shop :D seems to be a german owner maybe? anyway lots of variety and very very good prices! cant beleive i paid double for 5-6 seeds and on top not getting 50% to even germ. :D hehe lol hehe anyway im set with chilis for this year, but next year im going to plant even more :D

peace!

Last edited:

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
awesome! thanks a bunch mate! saved me some bucks. i think fataliiseeds is quite crappy germing-wise this far. not even 50%of the seeds germ... comparing to sweet pepper and cayenne seeds i bought in normal supermarkets that germ 100%.. and the specific chili sellers hype the prices something rediculous.

im going to checck out semillas.de :D

peace!

You're welcome mate, another good one is peppermania.com
Both sites have very barebone layout but seeds quality is great.
Fatalii is legit too but a little pricey. Some of the most exotic varieties are way harder to germ than cayenne so keep trying ;)

Cya

=K

B

bonecarver_OG

:) im waiting :) and one after an other almost all strains are germing 90% rates minus one that is not germing at all. maybe just old seeds of that one particular strain. its ok :D

im gonna check out that peppermania too :D thanks man!

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
aji flowers (C. baccatum)

picture.php

picture.php

B

bonecarver_OG

i been crawling around picking away flower buds from all hot and sweet pepper plants. since they are all pretty small, im going to give them some more time growing before letting them start to give fruits..

D

dramamine

Nice, bone....that does work very well. Took me a bit to figure that one out..

B

bonecarver_OG

after extensive reading i found some ppl mentioning it :D so i thought why not give it a try :D

what i had dificulties finding was references to heigth and width of different cultivars that are not the most common.

im sorry for not going in exactly on what im growing, but i keep that private since neighbours etc know what i got out there, same with friends etc, and not all know that i grow bud.. anyway, mostly baccatums, some hot annums too and only one chinensis. and i also got 2 seeds i dont know the ID off since its from a gifted mix pack. kind off a surprise those two :p anyway :) things are growing like crazy out there :D and it msure is looking like its going to be a really good season , if nothing goes wrong later on.

peace

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quick Note for Novices !! Remember to Pinch Out/remove the First Fruit to Encourage Bushy Growth !! This produces plants with more fruits :D

Also remember to keep some of the seeds from the hottest peppers for next season ...

picture.php

Blessings to all pepper growers everywhere :joint:

keep it in fornication http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQYJRw4R4-Q

B

bonecarver_OG

:) we figured that one out, hehe but thanks anyway :)

i got a few hundred pepper plants, and its a bitch to pick off flowers.. but it will keep the peppers from hanging down to the ground on 20 cm tall plants :D

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We tested this theory with heirloom varieties last season,, we left some plants untouched, others we removed the first fruits early. The plants with the first fruits removed all yielded 40-60% more fruits on average per plant... although they did grow taller :D

This season we are on IBLs off the same seed stock. see how they grow :dance013:

peace n flowers

B

bonecarver_OG

my gf's father has been growing spanish heirloom varieties all his life, and here by tradicion (my region is the main producer of europe of sweet peppers) they dont pick off the flowers ?! also they have some other pruning technics that i havent tried. it includes leaving only one main stalk and almost no branching. comercial peppers are grown like that im told. funny how many ways there are to grow peppers :D

anyway :) its awesome and fun to learn :D

M

michael68

Hi guys, my peppers are starting to bud a little.

It's been damp, cold, and windy the past few days which is odd for May. Usually it's pretty damn dry and warm by the beginning of May. We had a low of 37 last night. :tiphat:

LazLo

I grow red peter peppers every year. This year the line up includes red caribe, jalapeno and habanero. Have grown tabasco, thai hot, mushroom, and hybrids. The red caribe will cross pollinate some varieties and needs to be seperate from others. The tabasco produced until Nov. I got all my seeds orginally from GardenWeb.com seed swap. And all for the price of a stamp. Great forums including our beloved hotties!

I can salsa and hot pickled veggies with my crop. (The celery is my favorite.) Bumper crops are welcome and include hot pepper jelly and dried for powder. :hotbounce

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Quick Note for Novices !! Remember to Pinch Out/remove the First Fruit to Encourage Bushy Growth !! This produces plants with more fruits :D

Also remember to keep some of the seeds from the hottest peppers for next season ...

Blessings to all pepper growers everywhere :joint:

Please explain, do you mean we should remove all the flowers or the fruit when they first appear? How many flowers would this be and when do you stop picking the flowers off?....lol My Bhuts last year produced very few flowers and if i had picked them off when they first showed i would have had zero peppers...hehe

B

bonecarver_OG

i think that aplies on varieties that flower early.

it is to increase size in plants, and is only a question of removing the flowers in the first few nodes, untill one thinks the plant is of a size apropiate to bear fruit. the size is obviously up to you, and depends a lot on the season u got.. this is generally done because like this the plant grows faster upwards if it does not spend energy on chiles.

thats my take on it.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
look what came in the mail :D

picture.php

6 going in the ground right now

How in the hell did you get their attention!!?? I tried e-mailing them, posting on youtube, leaving messages on their web pages and I got no response. Hippieseedcompany is run by ghosts or absentee owners who work only when they want to. :mad:

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe bet thats why they call em self hippie seeds hehe rofl

that chili looks almost lethal!

anyway s13sr20det - i hope u got a loong season outside, since its a bit late. i thought i was too late planting my exotic varieties about a month back, since the plants are not ready for transplant untill in a few weeks more.

Latest posts

Latest posts