What's new

I love sushi!

ybgam

I may have a slight obsession with sashimi. I spend nearly 80$ a week at the local Japanese spot. I live in the Hudson Valley and there is is this place called Bonsai. The freshest fish I have ever had, period.

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
my wife turned me on to sushi. i cant do sashimi yet, if at all! lol

i just get a beef teriyaki box and call it a day. has different sections with all of my favorites. sushi is the shit though. raw fish, seaweed and rice. . . . who knew?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
every time I get back to NY I hit my favorite sushi bars.

in Manhattan @5th Av & 34th St there used to be a resaurant called
'Genroku Sushi' which was a 'conveyor belt sushi' restaurant, look it
up in wikipedia. This place was great! they had the most tastiest dish
of ginger chicken that I'd love to have again....... this place has been
gone for over 30 yrs now.

ybgam

every time I get back to NY I hit my favorite sushi bars.

in Manhattan @5th Av & 34th St there used to be a resaurant called
'Genroku Sushi' which was a 'conveyor belt sushi' restaurant, look it
up in wikipedia. This place was great! they had the most tastiest dish
of ginger chicken that I'd love to have again....... this place has been
gone for over 30 yrs now.

Awesome man. I'm going to have to check that out. Is the pricing fair ?

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Oh man i can't get enough of sushi. Probably my favorite food. Some things are just too damn good. I wonder what sushi would be like when you have just smoked a jay and got the munchies....arrghhh *droool* Now i want sushi!

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder what sushi would be like when you have just smoked a jay and got the munchies....

quite funky .... , eat as much as you can and drink some coke :D :D :D

had this one often enough ....

I had a conversation with my wife just today about what we would eat if we could only have one type of food for the rest of our lives and it was unequivocably sushi...unagi nigiri is the top of the list!

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
well i been kinda on a sushi kick.. probably had it 6-8 times in the past 2 weeks :D
got quite a few sushi joints round these parts which is somewht surprising considering where i reside now..

anyways had some dank miso soup followed by a spicy scallop roll, philadelphia roll, mafia roll, some yellowtail sashimi and last but definitely least, i decided to try marinated mackerel.
everything was beyond what i expected, but then came the mackerel.
holy fuck - that shit was soo gotdamn nasty!! i eat sardines and i can deal with salty-fishy taste but what in the FUCK!!! not ennough wasabi in the world to kill it!
sooo horrid i ate 2 and by the second one it hit me..
no big deal i thought, fuck it.. sippin a few heinekens right now and everytime i burp thats all i can taste!! god help me!!!

anyone into mackerel?? how in the fuck do you do it??!!!

MCsqrd

Ahh miso soup, so good.

Sushi is so damn expensive where I live, like mentioned earlier it isn't hard to drop $100 on a dinner. But in Hawaii, wow, the best I've ever had, plus I can FILL myself for under $20.

Due to ulcers and some other stomach problems I have to really watch what I eat, but sushi feels so damn good to gorge myself on. My favorite meal to eat pre/post snowboarding, never get stomach aches.

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
If any of you are ever in Portland Or. and want some real good sushi check out this place:

Saburo's
1667 SE Bybee St
Portland, Oregon 97202
503 236 4237

The place is incredible. You have to get there early (5-5:30ish) or you will spend your whole night waiting/hoping to get in. It's always and I mean always busy and in this economy that's saying something. The rolls are huge and prices are reasonable. I go there anytime I visit portland. You won't be disappointed. I may be up there in a few weeks so if I can I'll get a few pics.