Votes: 4 8.3%
  • go spend teh day with DAD

Votes: 44 91.7%

• Total voters

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
well that had to be one of the toughest things I have ever done

You see my parents are divorced. 14 years.

So for 14 years in a row, I have gone to my moms,
12 of those years with my son
9 of those years with my gf

My parents live about 20 miles apart. But far enough once you have had a few drinks and well quite frankly we would spend all xmas day at my moms.

So every year my Dad asks if we are coming over for xmas, and every year he gets boxing day( day after xmas here in Cannada, stat holiday)

So this year he asked like on New Years Day. So I laughed and said sure, this year is your year.

Well I knew what this meant, My Mom was going to lose it.. So I put it off, and put it off. And well I looked at the calendar the other day and seen it was damn near December and I should break the news...

so I got my brother to tell her. Well I got home tonight and asked my brother what happened, and he said she was fine with it.

well about 10 mins after I got home, the phone rang, after hello, it was 40 mins of crying and saying she was not having xmas this year, I got her to the point I could talk to her, and explained the story, kind of like I have here.

I know she is crying now, and will probably will for the next week, and xmas day watch out she will go loco

What would you guys have done

Stay with Mom

Go see the old man for a change

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
shit, i've had this EXACT problem at least 5 times since my parents divorced...

the best thing i can tell you is, its not your fault. my mom always goes apeshit any time i "choose him over her", which never happens...she's just an emotional woman.

she'll get over it eventually...but its not entirely fair to spend all your time with one parent and not the other!

good luck man, that's rough

ArcticBlast

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe not have so many drinks and go to both parents on Christmas?? ..they would both be happy maybe?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Here's how my wife and I do it:

ONe year, we'll do Thanksgiving at her folks, xmas at mine.
Next year, Thanksgiving at my folks, xmas at hers.

Works pretty well, they each get to see us for a feast and fun once a year at least.

Dr Dog

Veteran
Maybe not have so many drinks and go to both parents on Christmas?? ..they would both be happy maybe?

Yeah maybe, but I normally spend all day at Mom's every year, I feel bad for Dad, I want to make sure he feels great this year.. I think I owe him a day

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
14 years in a row at Mom's...Pops should have a turn--
Or just tell them you are having it at your house this year, and they are both welcome-- (Unless they still hate each other...then just go to Pop's)

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
My parents seemingly don't give two shits about me.

My mom prefers me around when she doesn't have a boyfriend, but thats about it.

My Dad doesn't really care one way or the other, its just whatever my stepmonster wants.

I do however alternate holidays with my grandparents.

The reason she is freaking out now is that you've done it for 14 years now when you should have gone to your dads on the second year.

Charg5152

The women in my life take a few days to adjust to any changes....I take the crying and anger with a grain of salt unless is lasts for over a week or two. If the women in your life are anything like mine....give her a week and she'll catch up.

Dr Dog

Veteran
14 years in a row at Mom's...Pops should have a turn--
Or just tell them you are having it at your house this year, and they are both welcome-- (Unless they still hate each other...then just go to Pop's)
They do

14 years now when you should have gone to your dads on the second year.

Yup should have, but I was not getting along with him shortly after they broke up for a couple years, then I figured mom needed more for a few years, then I am not sure why, but Dad and I, get along great again, so I had too

Ryu

Yo Dr Dog, You me and most people I know have a similar scenario most years.
A few years ago, I figured 20+ years was long enough and stayed home with my gf as I really wanted to chill the fuck out, I did and it was awesome. The people who wanted to visit did and all was groovy.

Just told my mum tonight that i'm spending xmas with my bro and it honestly feels great to be doing what I actually want to do this year.

I think you should see pops for a change.
Peace and goodwill :)

JAHWORKS

dr dog - shit is a tough situation - no1 here can tell you a definitive answer- 4 that is something you have to look inside yourself to answer... I suggest you light one up n think about it look within- just remember unity is strength- thats right- dont bother with no fuss or fight - also remember "alcohol just makes you drunk" (marley) & clouds vision--heighten ur level of consciousness with the sacred plant and OVERSTAND the whole situation instead of trying to UNDERstand it and make sense of it ...soon the answer will be clear..................

I say why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly (and/or eat treats!) :OD This way everybody is happy INCLUDING U and ur momma doesnt have to cry 4 I can c that bothers u deeply- :O) have a safe and happy holidays & w/e u decide ALWAYS remember to praise H.I.M. THE ALMIGHTY ONE in ur WORKS -

JUST DO JAH WORKS FROM THE HEART N IT WILL GUIDE U IN D RIGHT DIRECTION BRETHREN-

SO NO STRESS JAH BLESS DR - & JAH GUIDE -

REMEMBER THE REASON FOR D SEASON -GIVE THANKS & PRAISES AND NOT THE WORST

ONE LOVE ONE TRUTH
PEACE B 2U AND 2 ALL

Dr Dog

Veteran
pops
and inform both that next year you are going to the tropics :)

I like that idea..

Yo Dr Dog, You me and most people I know have a similar scenario most years.
A few years ago, I figured 20+ years was long enough and stayed home with my gf as I really wanted to chill the fuck out, I did and it was awesome. The people who wanted to visit did and all was groovy.

Just told my mum tonight that i'm spending xmas with my bro and it honestly feels great to be doing what I actually want to do this year.

I think you should see pops for a change.
Peace and goodwill :)

I would love to get to that point

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i vote for dad, stay with him this year or have less drink and visit mom afterward. Woman are very emotional, men too but men dont show it or tell .

Dr Dog

Veteran
We usually did Christmas eve at Pops and Christmas day at Mom's house....:joint:

I used to do this, but I am told old and finding a spot for 2 adults plus child with my step family there, I would end up having to crash on the floor so, I always went home and had xmas morning with my immediate family

Then day and dinner at moms

then back to dads on boxing day

she is getting 2 days instead of one lol, but she wants that 1 day

Latest posts

Latest posts