What's new

I Just Got Rolled with a 1/2 oz & Still Have It

mrcleanz

I was pulled over by CHP on my way home tonight. I had a couple bags totalling a little over a 1/2 oz under my passenger seat. The cop came to the passenger window and poked his head in the car. I heard him take an obvious sniff as the car was smelling pretty rank. I knew instantly that he knew I had pot in the car.
He told me he stopped me for speeding and asked for the ususal. I had my license, registration & insurance proof. He asked where I was headed, where I was coming from and asked why I was going so fast. I calmly answered his inquiries. He then asked if I had any pot in the car. I said, "Yes I do."
He asked if I had a card. I pulled out the card as well as my original paperwork and displayed them on the passenger seat. The cop asked how much I had. I answered, "Just over half an ounce."
He told me to show him so I reached un der the seat and displayed the 2 sacks. He never touched them. He wanted to know when the last time I smoked was. I told him that it had been about 4 hours. I made sure to let him know I was aware of the current time and could give a timeline as to my actions that evening so he could easily see that I was infact sober.
I made sure to tell him that I was definately not high and that the only reason i had it with me was because I had to get some from a dispensary close to work and that I'm bringing it home. The cop said i was clearly not "stoned" and to be careful pulling back onto the street...He didn't even give me the speeding ticket! I was cool and calm whille we spoke. I didn't give him any attittude. I was real glad I had all the documentation to show... and I'm even more glad to be smokin' on my pot that was being gazed upon by a police officer just minutes ago. Surely a first for me. Just thought it would be entertaining at the least for you guys.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Veteran
cool!

you need to send that cop a dunkin donuts gift card as a token of appreciation for his coolness...

LW

Surviving A Pull Over By Police

Pull Over Safely
Roll Up Windows
Turn Off Car
Hands on Steering Wheel

<If nite, turn on interior lights>

Roll Window Partially Down

“Officer, why did you pull me over?”

Retrieve DL and Registration If Asked

Roll Window Down Completely Only If Requested

“Officer How Can I Help?”

If you Exit Car, Lock The Car
Do Not Give Up Keys

“Officer I Do Not Consent To Any Searches”

“Are You Detaining Us Officer Or Are We Free To Go?”

“Officer are we free to go now?”

• Don’t resist
• Write down all facts ASAP after stop
• File a Police Misconduct Report if Abused In any Way
• Call ACLU for Additional Legal Help

=================================================================

Note that there is NO speaking about whether or not you have been speeding, running red lights, etc. There are NO additional conversations, you are not required to answer any questions other than your identity and producing your DL, registration and proof of insurance.

==================================================================

Three Most Important Things Lines You May Ever Have To Say In Your Life

1. Officer, I Do Not Consent to Any Searches

2. Officer, Am I Free To go?

3. Officer, I have nothing to say until I see my lawyer

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
it is such a nice thing to hear....this story could have, and in many instances in the past, has, ended a different way. odd though, that a person performing his job, acting in a professional manner, and living up to the responsibility of his occupation should garner such a good feeling in me! if the clerk at 7-11 does his/her job i dont feel good about it...haha

Molson

Good for you.

Not all pigs are intent on making everyone's life miserable. Some actually agree/support medical/decriminalization. Would ya believe that? :wave:

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you and i have similiar 'luck' hahaha
glad all went well

cops are can be pretty lax as long as you are respectful and arent on the aggressive/defensive. ive been in a few jams driving dirty and keeping level headed is the only way...

And as long as you have your ducks in a row (license, registration, insurance, car is legit, no lights out, etc.) . . .

Not all pigs are intent on making everyone's life miserable. Some actually agree/support medical/decriminalization. Would ya believe that? :wave:

They also might be in favor of prostitution or having a brewski on the way home from a ballgame. But their jobs depend on busting those that do just that.

Every police officer has to make an account of a pullover. If you expect to talk your way out of a weed bust, the only fool is you.

This original poster, if we are to believe his story, could much more easily be sitting in a jail cell looking at serious hard time.

And as long as you have your ducks in a row (license, registration, insurance, car is legit, no lights out, etc.) . . .

...you can still get busted big time. All an officer has to do is to have probable cause, or lie about probable cause, and locked car or not, pull in the dogs to sniff out your car.

cool!

you need to send that cop a dunkin donuts gift card as a token of appreciation for his coolness...

LW

He needs to do nothing of the sort. He needs to remember that this cop could very well have taken a ton of information and turned it over to higher investigative authorities.

Our original poster may have dodged a bullet; we will see if he has a cannon aimed at him.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
honostly you said that you smoked today around here that would be ground of a dui... i would never say that i smoked the same day as i was pulled over no matter if it was late at night all a cop want is for you to snitch on yourself and say something that they can snag you on...

i say you got lucky a dick cop may have been different all in all good shit though.

mrcleanz

Sheep, honestly I believe I would have been in the back of that cop car if I followed your "Surviving a Pullover" guide. I was honest and made it obvious to him that i was sober. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert at being pulled over but I think I played it right... or else I wouldn't be here now with my stuff... That is as long as I'm telling the truth, right?

Sheep, honestly I believe I would have been in the back of that cop car if I followed your "Surviving a Pullover" guide. I was honest and made it obvious to him that i was sober. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert at being pulled over but I think I played it right... or else I wouldn't be here now with my stuff... That is as long as I'm telling the truth, right?

You are so lucky as to be the exception that makes the rule. Don't delude yourself. You will never, ever be this fortunate again.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mrcleanz you played the card the right way.
going free and relatively inscathed is the proof.

gotta be like the fonz. hows the fonz? the fonz is cool.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Surviving A Pull Over By Police

Pull Over Safely
Roll Up Windows
Turn Off Car
Hands on Steering Wheel

<If nite, turn on interior lights>

Roll Window Partially Down

“Officer, why did you pull me over?”

Retrieve DL and Registration If Asked

Roll Window Down Completely Only If Requested

“Officer How Can I Help?”

If you Exit Car, Lock The Car
Do Not Give Up Keys

“Officer I Do Not Consent To Any Searches”

“Are You Detaining Us Officer Or Are We Free To Go?”

“Officer are we free to go now?”

• Don’t resist
• Write down all facts ASAP after stop
• File a Police Misconduct Report if Abused In any Way
• Call ACLU for Additional Legal Help

=================================================================

Note that there is NO speaking about whether or not you have been speeding, running red lights, etc. There are NO additional conversations, you are not required to answer any questions other than your identity and producing your DL, registration and proof of insurance.

==================================================================

Three Most Important Things Lines You May Ever Have To Say In Your Life

1. Officer, I Do Not Consent to Any Searches

2. Officer, Am I Free To go?

3. Officer, I have nothing to say until I see my lawyer
---this is fairly sound advice...especially when you are breaking the law. cannot find fault with it..hooooooweeeevvvver...as OP made obvious w his post, he was speeding, but not breaking any other laws, at least not one that CHP can do anything about...therefore, he took in the situation and circumstances and obviously made the correct strategic decision.

Every police officer has to make an account of a pullover. If you expect to talk your way out of a weed bust, the only fool is you.

This original poster, if we are to believe his story, could much more easily be sitting in a jail cell looking at serious hard time.

---again, this was not a weed bust...it was a speeding infraction. OP is legal to possess herb, therefore no weed bust. and you can believe his story, or you cant. i believe him. its much easier over the phone w someone i have known for years. but then again, maybe im making that up. or maybe im a bad judge of character.

...you can still get busted big time. All an officer has to do is to have probable cause, or lie about probable cause, and locked car or not, pull in the dogs to sniff out your car.

--nothing incorrect or even assholish about this particular post

He needs to do nothing of the sort. He needs to remember that this cop could very well have taken a ton of information and turned it over to higher investigative authorities.

Our original poster may have dodged a bullet; we will see if he has a cannon aimed at him.

can you explain to me, or OP, or anyone what makes you think you know best what he should or should not do? or what he should remember? and i get what your insinuating. and you seem like...well...kind of a dick because of the way you insinuated it
You are so lucky as to be the exception that makes the rule. Don't delude yourself. You will never, ever be this fortunate again.

---you are one smug son of a bitch arent you? or else you are bored out of your mind. or maybe your cracked out and latched onto this particular thread for some reason. ive got an idea...why dont you go piss in someone elses thread?

Lone Wolf

Veteran
thanks subrob....:wave:

glad you said something...

that sheep dude did a great job picking out his icmag member name... he seems to be quite the sheep.... not as smart as a real sheep tho

there are some people on these boards that I just WISH i could bitch smack one good time...:snap out of it: :blackeye:

im going to bitch smack him with some neg rep instead... :tiphat: