What's new

I heard 'Humboldt County's Own' was raided. EPA, FBI, Sheriffs.

S

SeaMaiden

There could be something else going on, too. First thing I'm wondering is this: who would have vested interest in this company/companies? Who are they, and how did they fund? And, did any real property change hands?

Venture capitalists. Anyone else feelin' it?

mowood3479

Veteran
Hells Angels?? Ive read a bunch of "canna" nutrient companies are HA "owned"....
just what I read tho...

T

TribalSeeds

All their stuff is still on the shelves and I dont see anything else onlne except threads on ICMag. I call bulshit

B

BrnCow

I live in Santa Cruz.....you would not believe the "literal" crap that I see go down the San Lorenzo River into the ocean and people worry about PGR' s lol!

Maybe we need to go back to out houses...might require some population control...then politicians would vote against it since it would cut down their taxes collected...

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Well, better not use any Botanicare products, A.N products, Super Thrive and most of the nutrient companies for that matter...

Just about EVERY nutrient manufacturer, either mislabels, or does not label certain ingredients in a lot of the products...

Its just part of the industry, nothing that you or I can do....

Cant you check oregons msds? I thought that they were pretty strict about listing product ingredients.

30years

hi,
nope. no bullshit. the feds def came to visit the boys in fortuna. epa and le spent about six hours at the store.

Big Sky

noting is safe anymore..not even "organics"
even in organics we use bat guano's etc-
bat guano last time i checked is toxic as hell in raw form..
only about 1 or 2 companies that deliver the guano's to the market actually care about the species and caves they collect it from-
most go in , grab what they can and destroy the natural environments in there wake-
This destroys the populations of millions of bats, seabirds etc each year!
the earths oceans are beyond toilet at this point-
radiation, gas, diesel, oil pollution.
corexit! by the millions of tons! fluoride, chlorine you name it-not to mention the human waste!
mostly done in part by the companies like the EPA, BP, you name it-
bone meal blood meal etc have been snatched off shelves before in the last 10 years over the spread of things like mad cow disease etc-

so by all means boast of your 100% organic grows bwahaha-
as you help destroy bat populations and create more toxins for ground water ;)

personally i use flora nova myself and metrop nutrients out of holland for my hydroponic efforts-
the product tastes and burns just as good as any organics ive used in 25 years of doing this-
i choose to use these nutrients instead of amendments or compost simply for overall control factor when feeding my plants- its a personal choice-
overall..
Its more about the growing method!
understanding what macro nutrients are, micro, ph, how roots absorb nutrients through micro, how to use trace elements properly etc etc-

vegan diets are the best- most cleanest way to feed your plants-
only plant based material goes in to feeding the plants-
so if anyone is looking for a true clean growing method i highly rec researching veganics-
people eat so many fruits and veggies all the time- there is no need for anything else- a bail of promix and a 55 gal drum is all you need- add veggie scrap and fruit scrap, bake and turn-
poof! vegan compost- ;)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Cant you check oregons msds? I thought that they were pretty strict about listing product ingredients.

Not that simple....

I used to hang with Treg, the owner of Botanicare...

When Aquashield was pulled off the shelves for an ingredient he did list or had to get certified for, he would relabel the product and NOT list the ingredients on purpose...

Chicken manure, HA!!! Literally a crock of shit....

Red Fang

Veteran
"Gravity and Bushmaster, Snowstorm..."

OK I'll play the dumbass... WTF is all that and bottled what?! Someone please explain to a non-Californian please!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
"Gravity and Bushmaster, Snowstorm..."

OK I'll play the dumbass... WTF is all that and bottled what?! Someone please explain to a non-Californian please!

PGR's...

plant growth regulators...

Used for rock hard buds and zero stretch, also produces gorilla armpit hair buds...

No good for ingestion.....

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Wow.. lots of hate in here.

I havnt seen HCO products advertised towards the medical market, and they were already not permitted for sale in CA and OR.
Were the guys at Humboldt County's Own straight up denying the fact that these products contained PGRs?

I mean.. of course they are not listing it on their labels... as many companies don't list things due to labeling costs and restrictions. Was HCO trying to deceive their customers or were they merely providing PGRs to those who choose to use them without catching flack from the EPA or whomever.

It was pretty apparent that these products contained PGRs and were not merely sea kelp as they state on their labels.
Don't want to use PGRs.. good.. don't use them. But to be hating on a company providing them to people who do is silly. Shut down by the FBI? WTF?

Krunch, was Hydroguard (Aquashield) pulled because of an ingredient in contained or simply because they were calling it a "Biological Water Treatment Solution"? I was under the impression it was just a wording issue. Do you know of the ingredient in question?

Labeling is a bitch... I'm pretty sure one of the Carolinas doesn't even acknowledge Mg (or at least from some sources) for use on labels. WTF?

Red Fang

Veteran
thanks krunch! I now am trying to think of what I used that may have been responsible for super hairy buds, wait got it I think: superthrive? well all my stuff always seems to take a huge downward spiral the last few weeks of flower and does not yield even to conservative/minimum expectations... discolored fan leaves, little bugs that stick to fly paper in droves, and dissappoinent. Wish I knew what goes wrong, before that it looks great! Sorry for the rant and thanks for the info!

fido

thanks krunch! I now am trying to think of what I used that may have been responsible for super hairy buds, wait got it I think: superthrive? well all my stuff always seems to take a huge downward spiral the last few weeks of flower and does not yield even to conservative/minimum expectations... discolored fan leaves, little bugs that stick to fly paper in droves, and dissappoinent. Wish I knew what goes wrong, before that it looks great! Sorry for the rant and thanks for the info!

go and look up the ''root aphid'' thread here.
you might see something that reminds you of
your situation...

fido

This stuff is still being sold everywhere.
Still no proof they were shut down anywhere online
Their website appears to still be up and running though...
http://eelriverhydroponics.com/

No doubt... most of those big distributors like Sunlight Supply and Hydrofarm probably have hundreds if not thousands of gallons of their stuff stockpiled in warehouses, but eventually that will dry up.

Unless they pay the fines and label fees and whatnot... plus it's not like they couldn't send their formulas to another lab to make it for them, but they might have to change the company name? I dunno.

Oh well I like that Resinator from Rock Nutrients better anyways... doesn't goo up my aerated reservoir growing nasty bacteria and whatnot and you use about 1/2 as much. I used to keep my Snow Storm in the fridge cause my friends would get goo floaties in their bottle at room temp after a few months.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Might be able to snag gravity/bushmaster of what is on store shelves still, but your big box distributors such as hydrofarm and sunlight are no longer selling it..and it has already been removed from their websites/distributor ordering systems. Might be on their warehouse shelves still, but they are not allowed to ship it since this has happened.

I cant vouch for the legitimacy of the FBI raid, etc, but these products have been pulled from the market.

As krunch stated, this is nothing new. Within a few months or so you'll see these products back under a new name/company or whatever.

They come and go over the years.
Superbud/Phosphoload
Stimul8tor
Dr. Nodes
Bushmaster and Gravity
and likely many more.

General Hydroponics is selling Bush Load now. A stated 0.4% Paclobutrazol content.

Is Rock Resinator a PGR product?