What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have 100 seeds

designer

I want to grow them outdoors in places that I can't tend to them. The seeds came from mostly from mids over the past 5 years, but decent mids at least, a lot of it's probably kush.

I've never grown before. I don't want to use them to grow buds or get a big yield. What I want to do is have them live long enough to reproduce. I just want at least 3 or 4 plants to make seeds so that I can keep doing this every summer.

I understand that weed will grow just about anywhere albeit not in a smoke-worthy manner. I live in a warm place (hot in the summer) so I figure the weather's good enough that they'll make working seeds without me having to water them but maybe not because drought has been a problem here also.

I don't want to spend money on pots or soil. I want to grow them outside in groups of 5 so that I'll be sure a female and male are together.

What I was wondering is, if I planted the 5 in a patch of shitty soil, tilled it, and added maybe a bunch nitrogen, would that be enough to probably get working seeds? I don't care how nasty they look or anything, I just want seeds. I heard that weed thrives on nitrogen.

If potassium or phosphorous deficiencies don't cause the seeds to be bad then I don't care about them.

Wow someone here that thinks kush is middies. And seeded Kush no less.

S

Space Ghost

im just baffled by your breeding manifesto..... are you purely trying to produce mass amounts of random hermaphroditic seeds? the plant will not even begin to flower until late july - early aug. and it will take another couple months for seeds to develop properly.

I just don't know where to begin with how many problems you'll run into...

but i'd be happy to address any specific questions you might have...

Moots

Conditions and plant care aside, it is purely a numbers game.

When a plant produces seed, or even when animals have a lot of off spring, it is all down to numbers. A plant could produce x number of seeds, but very few will live and thrive, which is part of the reason for producing a lot of seeds.

So 100 seeds? that is one plants seed production in the wild, and could be on the light side numbers wise. If one plants seed all, or even mostly completely grew out, weed would be every where and unstoppable. Sea turtles are another good example, tons of off spring each, likely 1-2 will live to maturity.

So you either need WAY more seed. Or will have to nurse them to ensure a higher success rate. A literal Nature VS Nurture situation.

If you just want a whole ass load of seed, you'd be better of planting a male and a female and just taking care of those 2, and bam. Problem solved.

EastFortRock

This would work in the U.S.A. mid-west , like Iowa where you get rain in the summer and have fertile soil ,but the wild hemp will pollinate your crop and the seeds it produces won't be very potent. On the west coast , it doesn't rain enough in the summer and the deer will eat anything green. I have never seen wild hemp on the west coast , but I have seen thousands of wild hemp plants in the mid-west.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I've never grown before. I don't want to use them to grow buds or get a big yield. What I want to do is have them live long enough to reproduce. I just want at least 3 or 4 plants to make seeds so that I can keep doing this every summer."

You dont want buds, you want more seeds every summer to grow more random seeds? Sounds like you think you can get rich on random seeds. You really don't make much sense about any of this. Thanks! :wave: Good job... Glad I took my time to read your post and attempt to help.

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
My ICMAG search skills suck today, but here is an offsite (RUI) link to a SEED BOMB tutorial.

Seed bombs give your seeds a bit of a chance to get started ahead of the local vegetation. And I'm all for 'em.

I know a certain someone who seeded an entire town in the late nineties with bagseed. It grew in parking lots, in cracks in the road, and everywhere its roots could get purchase. Other people were digging up the plant starts and transplanting onto their balconies and porches (maybe not too bright on their part but definitely true and funny).

That certain someone may currently regret blowing such a huge stash of quality seeds so-many-years later, as they were the irreplaceable genetic time capsules of lineage long gone from times that were good.

But without any prep and a 'johny-apple-seed' approach, lots of plants germinated and grew in the most inappropriate spots.

Indoor growers, filter your intakes,'cause the OP is gonna seed the world.

(To some of the other less positive responses: there is something to be said for open pollination, feral weed, and motivations other than monetary. (Of course, if the OP is just a clever little fuck trying to amass un-bred random seeds for sale on the sly... I'm the retard here)).

cirog

I love the seed bomb idea. I thought you were joking at first but I feel like seed bombing the entire east coast now. How great would it be to drive down by the road and see cannabis sprouting from the culverts.

LetsSeeYa

well i just finished the thread, but sorta fast. What i didnt see was someone asking why you want seeds, when you have 100. The ones ya got would be better then letting nature do her thing?

grow the kush out and even if its ''bag seed'', dude its kush.

LSY

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
I just want at least 3 or 4 plants to make seeds so that I can keep doing this every summer.
The OP just wants seeds so that this program can continue on every summer.

I don't know why exactly, but my guess is that he seems to like the idea of 'free' weed. Build up a large seed stock, scatter them in the spring and come back in the fall. Get what you get. No sweat, no fuss.

He seems to acknowledge that this probably won't generate too much smoke do to losses, hence his long term concern with generating loads of seeds... so he can keep scattering and hoping for the best.

I'd hate to have any outdoor plots in his county, but I'd love to see one of his patches get crazy and take over a downtown park or something.

Like killer bees or some shit.

Once the OP gets started, the world'll never be the same.

Filters on your intakes, ladies and gents.

HEPA Now.

You've been warned.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
the seed bomb idea i suggested was for real LOL when it comes to cannabis i dont's fuck's arounds people's :D

Over grow that shit........... with 100 seeds id aim and 5 - 10 seeds per bomb and then just go to town on that shit :) might wanna keep 5 just to start as normal plants... law of probability states you should get at least 1 male and 1 female that way :)

kingoflimbs

Ha if seedbombing is what you're going for, I can tell you from experience that with just a little care you can get a mini hemp forest started in about 6 months to a year if you're devoted and have seeds to waste. Me and my friends did it next to our school just to be funny.
As it turns out, no one really much cared because it just ends up being unsmokable hemp. Our forest is still there.
I can imagine that's what you're trying to accomplish since you mentioned that you wanted a plot with both sexes (assumedly so the females would get pollinated). If you want anything smokable to come out of your work then I would suggest separating your seed bombing multisex plot from a smaller plot with a sinsemilla crop. That way you'd still be producing seed and (maybe) decent(ish) bud. I must say that a successful sinsemilla would still require more work than it looks like you're willing to put in, but I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents :tiphat:

G

greenmatter

the seed bomb idea i suggested was for real LOL when it comes to cannabis i dont's fuck's arounds people's :D

Over grow that shit........... with 100 seeds id aim and 5 - 10 seeds per bomb and then just go to town on that shit :) might wanna keep 5 just to start as normal plants... law of probability states you should get at least 1 male and 1 female that way :)

NEVER heard of a seed bomb until this thread .... at least i learned something :tiphat:

Gashat

Ha if seedbombing is what you're going for, I can tell you from experience that with just a little care you can get a mini hemp forest started in about 6 months to a year if you're devoted and have seeds to waste. Me and my friends did it next to our school just to be funny.
As it turns out, no one really much cared because it just ends up being unsmokable hemp. Our forest is still there.
I can imagine that's what you're trying to accomplish since you mentioned that you wanted a plot with both sexes (assumedly so the females would get pollinated). If you want anything smokable to come out of your work then I would suggest separating your seed bombing multisex plot from a smaller plot with a sinsemilla crop. That way you'd still be producing seed and (maybe) decent(ish) bud. I must say that a successful sinsemilla would still require more work than it looks like you're willing to put in, but I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents :tiphat:

wow, thanks. i guess i could plant 25 in four spots and hope deer and people don't get to one of them?