What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have 100 seeds

Gashat

I want to grow them outdoors in places that I can't tend to them. The seeds came from mostly from mids over the past 5 years, but decent mids at least, a lot of it's probably kush.

I've never grown before. I don't want to use them to grow big buds or get a big yield. What I want to do is have them live long enough to reproduce. I just want at least 3 or 4 plants to make seeds so that I can keep doing this every summer.

I understand that weed will grow just about anywhere albeit not in a smoke-worthy manner. I live in a warm place (hot in the summer) so I figure the weather's good enough that they'll make working seeds without me having to water them but maybe not because drought has been a problem here also.

I don't want to spend money on pots or soil. I want to grow them outside in groups of 5 so that I'll be sure a female and male are together.

What I was wondering is, if I planted the 5 in a patch of shitty soil, tilled it, and added maybe a bunch nitrogen, would that be enough to probably get working seeds? I don't care how nasty they look or anything, I just want seeds. I heard that weed thrives on nitrogen.

If potassium or phosphorous deficiencies don't cause the seeds to be bad then I don't care about them.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
you'll kill them with too much N straight off. If you want to be cheap and stuff, either buy a $10 container of 10-10-10 3 month time release osmocote or just a bag of worm castings or mushroom compost for each spot.

If you only plant 5 seeds and you're direct seeding, you probably won't have any survive. Not trying to be a downer, just letting ya know. If you're trying to be lazy about it, just start a bunch of them at once.

Have you thought about reading around in the outdoor growing section here to get some ideas. I think there's even a thread or 5 on cheap/free outdoor growing.

Gashat

I've seen two videos, one of them by Jorge Cervantes. I'll sprout them but once I do that then I put them in the ground and leave them.

G

greenmatter

you need to do some reading.. careful it is addictive! good luck

Gashat

Ok then I just want the seeds so I can replant those. But weed does grow in the wild without humans, I thought...

statusquo

Ok then I just want the seeds so I can replant those. But weed does grow in the wild without humans, I thought...

It does but at a much lower success rate. When humans are growing we are trying to get close to 100% germination and have every one that does germ live. In the wild its not anywhere near 100% on average and many die. That's why the plant makes so many seeds.

G

greenmatter

um yeah.. are you asking how to breed ditch weed? you are starting from bag seed and want what out of it?:comfort:

hippydan

I want the shit to grow by itself.

Throw the seeds outside brother, they'll grow by themselves on their own. Coldsnaps and wind are the only things I worried about when I tried to grow outside a few years ago. Had no problems. You don't need to baby them, especially if you aren't worried about harvesting pounds and pounds.

edit: Just to clarify, I DID till the soil at my gardens outside. I didn't just toss some seeds on the ground. I also started them inside my house, just sitting on the window sill. I lived in the middle of the woods and didn't have to worry about people snooping, etc. The police did show up to speak to my roommate but left me alone, guess I got lucky.

T

Tr33

Cannabis needs to be cared for, it won't just grow wild the way you want it to.
even for seeds you will need to take care of your herb.
Over 35yrs I've tossed seeds around and have only seen a dozen of them even sprout and less than half survived to knee height, and none of them lived long enough to flower out and finish their life cycle. although I did have one lone plant start to flower, it died due to lack of water eventually. To tell you the truth I had more success with seeds sprouting and growing in the mountains of AZ around the Cow Creek area in Payson, and in Iquitos, Peru at our Tambo.
From Cali to AZ to NV to NM to CO throughout the Peruvian jungle and mountains I've tossed and tamped seed around stream beds, springs, and in moist forests.
You need to care for your plants.
These were and still are my experiment to see just how seeds will fare on their own with no care.
IMO the main reason for the plants dieing is lack of water and animals.
Every year I do this on my hikes.

Jovi

I have a feeling that you're just trying to get it to start a weed forest, amirite? Well, to be honest, you'll need more than 100 seeds. I have a bag of over 1,000 seeds from various bud I've smoked in the past two years, and I took about half of them and spread them out in a .25 acre field in BFE, louisiana, just to see how it would turn out. I'd say half survived, and only 10-15 made it all the way. Yes, it IS a weed, but it still needs maintenance at times to grow all the way through its' life cycle.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
you're going to chase away all the people trying to help you...

One more thing I will say, is that growing for seeds often has the same basics of growing for bud. Big differences include providing enough fertilizer through the end of flower and pollinating at the right time for maximum seed production.

If you're looking for advice on similar grow styles, search 'massive outdoor grow' (sticky in outdoor thread), and 'set it and forget it' style growing.

lots of threads on this kind of stuff through the years.

that being said....

If you want advice and help, start by reading what people have to say and working it into your plan.

However, if you want to do it you way and really only started the thread to tell us what you're going to do, then have at it. Best of luck to you.

Latest posts

Latest posts