What's new

I hate school

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
hey Yes4Prop215 !

i'm a student, already graduated, doing another year to get a double degree.
thanks to my studies, i spent 6 months studying in australia last year, where i met wally, moon, and the australian sativas, and had a great time surfing in sydney, and meeting people from all over the world. This year, i'm heading for a 6 months mandatory internship in nepal, with all fees covered by my uni.

I spent 3 years of high school learning various technical subject ( mechanical enigneering), which most i know won t be of any help in my future job. yet it was entertaining, and i spent hours reading forums about herb, communicating, and getting friends all over the world ! and of course growing !!!!
I must say i had scholarship which was sufficient enough to live where i was.

Spanish is the language if you want to discover the south american/mexico landraces. also spain is the best country for growing, and the cheapest for buying in europe at the moment. Spanish growers are well know for their passion of sativas and their wonderfull outdoor grows.

that being said, i have a ten lines writing to do in spanish for tomorrow, about a text, and i haven t written in spanish for 6 years now, or taken any spanish lesson. :biggrin:

so yes, sometimes it seems it fuck, but you have to take the advantages of the student system with you, and look for any good opportunity.... :whistling:

working is hard, you got money but not much time to spend it. Student you have time, not much money, but as long as you got weed !

++

Now that I'm in college, I just do not have the kind of money to spend on large amounts of quality herb like I used to in high school working a part time job. Its just a bummer, I feel numb as fuck cause of these antidepressants and they give me IBS like symptoms. I use herb to get over the zombie feeling and to help my IBS symptoms. It really helps but now in college, I am suffering without it, least my grades arent affected, I can spend a lot of time studying held up in my room. Locked up in this jail house of a dorm, with an asshole roommate. I just can't find anybody here to relate too, they are all mostly like my roommate, alcoholic pricks. All the friends I had dropped out at the semester. Only thing keeeping me alive is my girl right now.

Peace

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea titoon i really wanna learn spanish its just frustrating how some of the teachers speak that shit fluently and so fast, im like SLOW DOWN what did you just say?

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
This is the reason why I took AP classes (especially for French) in high school, so that I wouldn't need to go through my college's French classes, which I knew were 10x harder than the AP class.

At any rate, slow down your smoking if it gets in the way of your studies, and just concentrate on getting your degree. If it depends on completing your Spanish courses then just get it done and over with.

Oh yeah, don't try Rosetta Stone for Spanish. That software kinda sucks if you want to learn grammar and stuff.

JohnnyATL

Veteran
just dropped 180 on two books, gotta buy 3 more so im looking at about 350-400 total.

My spainsh book last semester cost 170 talk ab fucked. I would recommend buying a verb book off amazon and learning that shit man, that was the most important for me. vocab will come with it. they have them for like 5 bucks used.

I was having a fuck school phase too a while back. In retrospect, im glad that i didnt leave cause i have 1 1/2 -2 years left and if i took any time off it would just add more.

I just want my degree then im gonna open a business most likely.

oh and way to tell me your leaving for 3 months arse hole haha

]A[Boss

typical spoiled white boy whining.

you have 60k for college handed to you. I'm sure you slacked in the past and now you wanna bitch about Spanish and not having a summer in japan.

But oh, you've worked so hard I know.

JohnnyATL

Veteran
typical spoiled white boy whining.

you have 60k for college handed to you. I'm sure you slacked in the past and now you wanna bitch about Spanish and not having a summer in japan.

But oh, you've worked so hard I know.

hater. your just mad you didnt get it. there are plenty of other people of different races that inherit money idk how that has to do with being spoiled or white

]A[Boss

hater hater hater omg hater alert!

anyone who gets 60k handed to you for college and then you bitch about paying for books and taking classes, is a spoiled, whiny ass white boy. Yes, he is white.. read the thread. Ungrateful American. Typical!

OP would've been better off going 2 years to cheap community college and then uni. since he hates school so much.

T

theratings

i wish my folks or family saved money for me to go to an expensive school. going to community college isn't a bad idea at all, your full time tuition can be under $1800 for 12+ credits and if you get financial aid it'll cover it all. you can get transfer credits there then transfer to another school. i know people who are like aboss described though, but i don't know the poster's whole story. but hey, some people are rich and spoiled and go the same road as he described. i guess taking student loans aren't too bad if you know you can pay them. then there's always earning the money your own, but unless you got a sugar mama, good luck.

yea titoon i really wanna learn spanish its just frustrating how some of the teachers speak that shit fluently and so fast, im like SLOW DOWN what did you just say?

haha ya i hear ya. I took spanish in school then went down to mexico and couldnt understand shit.

edit: oh ya and i love when foreigners talk like ahhh "typical" american. when they probably havent even met a american, usually just from media influence.

M

MoldyFrogToe

college is great, you're lucky to have the opp
not to mention a massive inheritance
those two things ^^^ but mainly the top one made me skim over all the complaining in the 1st post barely read it bc it doesn't matter in the grand scheme ;) ;) you'll realize it

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
ok yall are getting some shit twisted, there aint no inheritance money sitting arond that i can milk. it was her dying wish for us to go to college so the money went to my parents who used it to pay for tuition only (my mom bought herself a car, and thats it). it didnt even cover everything so i still had to get a scholarship and i took out a 6k loan. im middle class but i wouldnt say im fucking spoiled growing up we didnt have that much. Folks drove a 1991 cavalier and i wore payless until i started stealing nikes.

but yeah my OP was fucking complaining i was in a shitty fucking mood and sober, i didnt smoke till late afternoon when i do that i chill out. i got serious problems with impatience that comes from my family blood, which isnt full white btw i got that kamikaze japanese in me. my grandma is japanese and in their culture education is like the most important thing, way more than america, so she was mad serious about that shit. gramps even said i cant visit the temple gravesite until i had my degree, and we were planning to visit japan for that reason not to go party and relax and shit. Aboss you didnt know the whole story but you still managed to come off like a dickhead congratulations!

Last edited:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
but yeah im fucking retarded i was gonna hop on rosetta stone or brush up some spanish but once again my roomate and his friend are smoking up a storm so i had to partake. i gotta cut that shit out and re-focus. ive been outta school for so long im in a bad pattern of just trying to make money and then get my fade on at the end of the day.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
just dropped 180 on two books, gotta buy 3 more so im looking at about 350-400 total.

My spainsh book last semester cost 170 talk ab fucked. I would recommend buying a verb book off amazon and learning that shit man, that was the most important for me. vocab will come with it. they have them for like 5 bucks used.

I was having a fuck school phase too a while back. In retrospect, im glad that i didnt leave cause i have 1 1/2 -2 years left and if i took any time off it would just add more.

I just want my degree then im gonna open a business most likely.

oh and way to tell me your leaving for 3 months arse hole haha

yea the verbs are crazy all the conjugations really fuck me up. but the worse is the "le" and "lo"...superlative i think? shit just gets me lost. .

but yeah man i did a solid 4 years of full course loads and then i decided to take a year off to go try and start my business and shit, and now im trying to get back into school and i feel fucking retarded. its like ive forgotten everything i learned in Spanish 1 and 2....

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
now im trying to get back into school and i feel fucking retarded. its like ive forgotten everything i learned in Spanish 1 and 2....

It's so hard to get back into the swing of things if you've been out of it for a while. Especially, the regime of studying. It's tough to catch up, but if you stick with it, it'll pay off in the long run.

Some people can make it without a college education. My father did, but he spent every second of his life making sure that I got that piece of paper because it set him back so many times in his life.

It matters. It really does. Everyone sacrifices sometime in their life. It's best to do it now while you are young, because the consequences become harder to suffer as you grow older.

The degree doesn't make life easy, but it opens up a lot more roads.

spyvsspy

yea the verbs are crazy all the conjugations really fuck me up. but the worse is the "le" and "lo"...superlative i think? shit just gets me lost. .

but yeah man i did a solid 4 years of full course loads and then i decided to take a year off to go try and start my business and shit, and now im trying to get back into school and i feel fucking retarded. its like ive forgotten everything i learned in Spanish 1 and 2....

Spanish is tricky, all the conjugations are definitely the hardest part. I have no problem remembering words themselves, but when you have to change it because you're speaking in the past-participle, to a female about a subjunctive subject......... yea, fuck that noise.

One thing that REALLY helped me was working in a restaurant kitchen during my college years. Everyone else in the kitchen were illegals, and they spoke Spanish exclusively, minus broken English every now and again, we listened to the Tejano radio station, soccer games, etc. Just being immersed in it helps IMMENSELY. Plus they teach you all the dirty words and slang they don't teach you in school...........good to know on the streets (at least here in the South) :tumbleweed:

Almeja peluda..........rough meaning: bearded clam, write it down.

So good luck, and that's my advice, immerse yourself some way.
PS. And the day I spent $835 at the bookstore, I damn near shit myself.
-spy

Lebniis

Yeah school sucks! i love being forced to get a degree because that's what people "require."NOT! I wonder if the knowledge that i could gain in a society without bullshit degree requirements would lead me to a happier, more fulfilling life. I dunno I'm baked maybe that makes sense

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
who the heck are you people? hundreds of american dollars for some fucking text-book that a college that is already charging you up the butt requires of you?

counting college, living expenses and fucking ridiculously priced books, you have a pretty decent capital to start a profitable business.

get real, it is 2010, college is so last century.

M

MoldyFrogToe

ok yall are getting some shit twisted, there aint no inheritance money sitting arond that i can milk. it was her dying wish for us to go to college so the money went to my parents who used it to pay for tuition only (my mom bought herself a car, and thats it). it didnt even cover everything so i still had to get a scholarship and i took out a 6k loan. im middle class but i wouldnt say im fucking spoiled growing up we didnt have that much. Folks drove a 1991 cavalier and i wore payless until i started stealing1es.

but yeah my OP was fucking complaining i was in a shitty fucking mood and sober, i didnt smoke till late afternoon when i do that i chill out. i got serious problems with impatience that comes from my family blood, which isnt full white btw i got that kamikaze japanese in me. my grandma is japanese and in their culture education is like the most important thing, way more than america, so she was mad serious about that shit. gramps even said i cant visit the temple gravesite until i had my degree, and we were planning to visit japan for that reason not to go party and relax and shit. Aboss you didnt know the whole story but you still managed to come off like a dickhead congratulations!
1) no excuses
2) use your impatience to your advantage as a tool
3) 60k college fund, inheritance, trust fund, it's the same thing in the end. you got free cash, enormous amounts, to better yourself via college. use it well. i knew a girl who did full time ROTC, a job, school, and paid it all on her own, maybe some financial aid but you got it good compared to most. chin up!